Scored a direct free-kick !

IT IS!! Is most certainly is rare. They usually end up in a corner or totally missing.

It depends which tactics you are playing with probably. I've had a lot of free-kicks put in the back of the net. From reading this thread, I now know that others aren't as lucky. *shrugs* What can you do?

I found that I scored a few in 2 seasons so far at Liverpool, Insua scored one to help us claim the title in the 2nd season, I think Stevie added one more. Insua scored a fluke with a cross and so did Kjaer from the centre of the field.

So it seems that there are just as many flukes as there are "normal" free kick goals.

Also Beckham scored against me for Portsmouth :)

It depends which tactics you are playing with probably. I've had a lot of free-kicks put in the back of the net. From reading this thread, I now know that others aren't as lucky. *shrugs* What can you do?

Wait...what?

I must have missed the "Where to aim when you have a direct Free-kick" tactics page.

But honestly, free-kicks arent that rare in the game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by man_utd_fan View Post

I find it rare to score free kicks on 10.2, maybe you can score more free kicks on the older patches.

I am having the same problem..

I'm not having any problem with direct free kicks. Currently with Aston Villa in 2016-2017, have Thomson scoring free kicks almost every third game. This is on 10.2.

Jimmy Bullard's my main free kick taker, he's scored a couple over the seasons from just outside the box. I think his free kick taking stat is 15 (Not 100%, but it's around that), so not a bad return at all.

He'd score even more freekicks if he played more than 3 games a season!:p

Super Mario just scored a thunderous 35 yard Ronaldo-like free kick for me...I found out with all my free kick takers in the team, if your free kick takers have hit free kicks with power as their ppm they are more likely to score long or short range free kicks

I've scored two free-kicks in 10.2 after playing at least ten seasons at differing clubs of differing abilities.

It's definitely rare - I think it's affected by the CCC glitch.

This is wrong. The CCC bug is to do with too many 1-on-1 chances being created. It's linked to the whole "superkeeper" theory, but it has nothing to do with free-kicks.

This is wrong. The CCC bug is to do with too many 1-on-1 chances being created. It's linked to the whole "superkeeper" theory, but it has nothing to do with free-kicks.

No, the CCC bug is regarding the chances down the middle being saved by the goalkeeper - CCC's from an angle are fine, as are the amount of CCC's.

The penalty shootouts are also affected by the CCC glitch I think because the 'keeper can generally only save one down the middle (resulting in stupid 11-12 pen shootouts).

There's no "superkeeper" either - that's simply people mistaking the CCC bug for 'keepers saving everything, which they certainly don't or you would have constant 0-0 draws!

No, the CCC bug is regarding the chances down the middle being saved by the goalkeeper - CCC's from an angle are fine, as are the amount of CCC's.

It's been stated by SI that there are too many CCC being created. Where do you get your information from?

The penalty shootouts are also affected by the CCC glitch I think because the 'keeper can generally only save one down the middle (resulting in stupid 11-12 pen shootouts).

No' date=' the shootouts aren't affected. The problem with them is that the goalkeepers don't dive to the sides.

There's no "superkeeper" either - that's simply people mistaking the CCC bug for 'keepers saving everything, which they certainly don't or you would have constant 0-0 draws!

I know there are no "superkeeper". I never said there was.

There may be fractionally too many being created, but the main problem is the CCC's down the middle due to the strikers inability to shoot into the corners. This results in plenty of CCC's but few goals. So the problem is creating a balance. Check it out for yourself; look at your own CCC's and note how the strikers generally score or force a diving save from the angle, but belt it straight at the 'keeper when running through the middle.

That's exactly what I said about penalties - the 'keepers only save down the middle; they're too static, meaning they save next to nothing either side but save everything and anything down the centre. I don't think I've scored a single penalty down the middle - which relates to the CCC bug (possibly) because the 'keeper isn't diving.

And I didn't say you said there were superkeepers - I was commenting on why people generally think there are.

There may be fractionally too many being created, but the main problem is the CCC's down the middle due to the strikers inability to shoot into the corners. This results in plenty of CCC's but few goals. So the problem is creating a balance. Check it out for yourself; look at your own CCC's and note how the strikers generally score or force a diving save from the angle, but belt it straight at the 'keeper when running through the middle.

There are a lot more CCC being created than "fractionally" too many.

The problem is the central defenders leave a space in the centre between them, which the strikers then take advantage of. The keeper's "super" saves merely keep the score respectable. If the strikers did shoot into the corners all the time, every game would finish, for example, 8-7.

There are a lot more CCC being created than "fractionally" too many.

The problem is the central defenders leave a space in the centre between them, which the strikers then take advantage of. The keeper's "super" saves merely keep the score respectable. If the strikers did shoot into the corners all the time, every game would finish, for example, 8-7.

Don't think this is correct to be fair.

I think i average roughly (will do the maths when i get home) 3 CCC's a game as liverpool in the prem, and i would agree that that is fractionally too many. The only time i get alot is against comparatively poor sides in cup games or the odd league game as would happen in reality.

With this the amount i convert varies with the type of chance created.

In my opinion this seems a direct result of toning down the strikers scoring 40+ a season.

The other major variable is what exactly counts as a CCC, is it as simple as a 1-1 situation or would a free header in the box, for example, be a CCC.

Don't think this is correct to be fair.

I think i average roughly (will do the maths when i get home) 3 CCC's a game as liverpool in the prem, and i would agree that that is fractionally too many. The only time i get alot is against comparatively poor sides in cup games or the odd league game as would happen in reality.

With this the amount i convert varies with the type of chance created.

In my opinion this seems a direct result of toning down the strikers scoring 40+ a season.

The other major variable is what exactly counts as a CCC, is it as simple as a 1-1 situation or would a free header in the box, for example, be a CCC.

I simply repeated what I'd read from SI on other threads.

I simply repeated what I'd read from SI on other threads.

As I say, just my opinion and my experience.

If SI agree with what you have stated then maybe I am simply creating more of the score-able (questionable English I know) chances.

I shall do some further reading in the bugs forum :thup:

As I say, just my opinion and my experience.

If SI agree with what you have stated then maybe I am simply creating more of the score-able (questionable English I know) chances.

I shall do some further reading in the bugs forum :thup:

SI have stated in several threads that the CCC bug I talked about is indeed the problem.

They also say they are trying to fix it for the 3rd Patch.

We can hope, right? :rolleyes:

Archived