European qualification = No backroom advice

So i'm in my 5th season as Greenock Morton, 4th in the SPL and now into Europe for the first time in the 'Euro Cup'.

Prior to all 3 games I've played so far (fourth qualifying round home and away, and first group match) the pre-match backroom advice meeting - initiated by my assman remember - has resulted in no advice whatsoever. Nothing. "There is no advice available at this time".

Um.

I have no restrictions on scouting, plenty of money in the bank, and decent scouts and backroom staff. Is it because it's my first season in Europe since the mid-60s!!?? I haven't actually played in Europe on FM10 as any other team, but I have played in Europe as Morton...although not usually after only 5 seasons...but surely if I'm scouting my next opposition I should get some backroom advice??

Not that I listen to it much usually, but some support would be nice...

Actually, this happens quite a bit to me. Often, I will get a message in my inbox - The staff would like to hold a meeting with you before the upcoming game, and then I find out they have no advice whatsoever for me. And I'm a Tier 10 team in England, so I don't think it has anything to do with European qualification at all.

Not really that bothered by it though.

Are you responding to the Pre-march meeting? or a request for a backroom meeting? Because if it is the latter then that could your problem. Say you play Arsenal on the 5th you will get a pre-match meeting request on the 4th but then the backroom staff could want to hold a meeting the next day on the 5th because you haven't held a backroom meeting in say a month. Now the game doesn't take the prematch meetings into account but any advice in the prematch meeting(4th) would be have been in the backroom meeting(5th). But i may be wrong.

It's the 'hey we've got a game tomorrow/next couple of days so we'd like to have a meeting to give you some advice about it' request for a meeting that I get before all games. But when it's a European game there's no advice at all, but always advice for domestic games. I'll check the MM stats for my assman but I'm not sure why that attribute would contribute to what is essentially a tactics / scouting meeting.

Archived