SI Games-Do you have a bias against Fulham FC? Part 2

First of all, why close a thread for no reason? Free speech. Bah.

Now, I was making a point that Baird should be made DMC in 10.2 update. He played in that position many times BEFORE the 10.2 update and even before FM 2010 came out. So for god sake Neil Brock, I shall quote you to have said "Apologies for not predicting what mighty Roy is going to do months in advance!". You qualify it as "humour", I hope in future if a member of forum uses similar humour, he will not be dealt with. Otherwise, I guess it is sarcasm (my point of view), and really you must possess such a high level of intelligence to NOT understand my statement about Baird not being made DMC when he was already playing in there before 10.2 came out, and then furthermore use sarcasm. I am being as humourous as you are, Mr. Brock! :D

With the Smalling issue, I admit I erred to say that, which in no way is an accusation. It was a question, of why wasn't he made better and I understood the initial responses and I am open to it and admit my mistake.

As for the issue with Murphy, again I think some members do not read before they reply. I NEVER said Murphy is like some world beater player, in fact I regard the team of Jean Tigana as being better than the current. Point is that I have describe what I have seen, and may I quote myself to have said the following:

If you were in my place you will know how I feel when Murphy roll a freekick to a teammate (Pantsil) like 3 yards away and the solitary Bolton man-wall intercepted it and take the ball 30 yards like how Nani did against Arsenal and scores a Rooney goal. LIKE WTF seriously? This has surely got nothing to do with tactical choice isn't it? Tell me and teach me which tactic can prevent your player from giving away a free ball from a free kick when it is the playmaker ROLLING a ball to a pal like 3 yards away.

Seriously, WTF? I've watched Premiership for 15 years, I have seen Taibi letting the ball roll under his balls, but watching this on FM game machine seriously puts me in a dilemma, not sure to laugh or to be furious. Make no mistakes about it, I have previously managed in another saved game Yate Town F.C. (8th tier, under the Superbladesman update, mind you), but throughout the three seasons, I have never seen this **** happening.

I was making my sentiments known, I'm not sure how it can be offensive to anyone. I've recommended this game to as many of my friends as I know who plays such games, I don't see how this qualify as an "abuse", quote and justify if you wish, but I think we should all be mature about this. You may think of it as suggestion, you may think of it as abuse, at the end of the day, I cannot change your mind. Close this thread all you like, I hope you are not just after good comments, Neil. :)

I am not really sure what your point is (i didn't see part 1). I am guessing you think some of the Fulham player are underrated in the game?

If so i suggest you post your suggestions in here

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=153610&highlight=fulham

as the Fulham reasearcher will then either aggree with you or explain why he has rated the players so.

Also i don't think they actually update players attributes until patch 3.

it's not just Fulham mate, my Newcastle players are congenital idiots too! Wait a minute though, they were morons on FM09 and FM08 as well so maybe you're on to something withthe conspiracy thing. What's this "Solitary Bolton Man-Wall" thing you mentioned? Bouba-Diop?

it's not just Fulham mate, my Newcastle players are congenital idiots too! Wait a minute though, they were morons on FM09 and FM08 as well so maybe you're on to something withthe conspiracy thing. What's this "Solitary Bolton Man-Wall" thing you mentioned? Bouba-Diop?

I think apart from 3 fulham players, the newcastle and fulham first team share similar CA.

The man wall thing is that at the half way line i had a free kick. Bolton only had one man in the man wall. Murphy roll the ball to pantsil which look like how players do when they kick off a match, know what i mean? And better still murphy misses pantsil and pantsil misses the ball and the bolton man wall, forgot who, dashes up and dribble 30 40 yard like nani against arsenal and score like rooney did.

I think apart from 3 fulham players, the newcastle and fulham first team share similar CA.

The man wall thing is that at the half way line i had a free kick. Bolton only had one man in the man wall. Murphy roll the ball to pantsil which look like how players do when they kick off a match, know what i mean? And better still murphy misses pantsil and pantsil misses the ball and the bolton man wall, forgot who, dashes up and dribble 30 40 yard like nani against arsenal and score like rooney did.

Ok it's not Bouba-Diop then, the "dribble 30-40 yards" thing is the give away there. Just thought of him when you mentioned "man-wall" :D I know what you mean though, it's always my players who play like escapees from the lobotomy recovery wing of the local nuthouse and not the AI. Conversely, when the AI is a goal down and you've said the wrong thing at half time Mr League 2 standard crappy holding midfielder suddenly goes all Kaka, mazy runs past half my team, despite him having "dribbling = 3" and scones a 30 yarder into the top corner, again depsite his "long shots = 2" and "stays back at all times" PPM.

Don't get me started on the number of times I've watched a defender with his closing down set high and tackling set hard shadow an opposition player for at least 30 seconds without even attempting to make a tackle, oh AND my players still ignore or run away from the ball allowing the nearest oppo player to get there first, despite the fact he started at least 25 yards further away.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

dunno why I bother tbh. Are the Hello-Kitty Online servers still running?

First of all, why close a thread for no reason? Free speech. Bah.

Now, I was making a point that Baird should be made DMC in 10.2 update. He played in that position many times BEFORE the 10.2 update and even before FM 2010 came out. So for god sake Neil Brock, I shall quote you to have said "Apologies for not predicting what mighty Roy is going to do months in advance!". You qualify it as "humour", I hope in future if a member of forum uses similar humour, he will not be dealt with. Otherwise, I guess it is sarcasm (my point of view), and really you must possess such a high level of intelligence to NOT understand my statement about Baird not being made DMC when he was already playing in there before 10.2 came out, and then furthermore use sarcasm. I am being as humourous as you are, Mr. Brock! :D

Seriously? He explained that the last proper update was 10.0 and at that stage Baird was not playing DMC regularly and therefore they could not predict what was going to happen "months in advance." Do you understand?

The thread then broke out into an argument because (somehow) people got offended and was rightly closed.

Seriously? He explained that the last proper update was 10.0 and at that stage Baird was not playing DMC regularly and therefore they could not predict what was going to happen "months in advance." Do you understand?

The thread then broke out into an argument because (somehow) people got offended and was rightly closed.

Aye. I saw the argument, missed the fun and action. :D Hmm last proper update. If you meant update of data of players (i.e. CA, PA, injuries and so) then point taken, fine. See, you can take what I say differently, you may see it as something that can be done (to tweak Baird's position) for future updates. In that sense, then if someone is as humourous as he is, then he ought to view things more positively. After all, I have not insulted anyone, including SI games as some of the other threads around. The argument have strictly nothing to do with me, I am only interested to discuss.

Yeah Boltman, exactly my sentiments. I'm sure somewhere out there there was already a thread started on that and probably dismissed by one of the "expert" members of forum as the poor lad being "tactically naive". I see it as an overlook among the many positivities of the game. Some people think I am complaining about the game, far from that I am actually suggesting that somethings can be even better. And about the closing down and not tackling, I see it quite often also, I'm on default tackling (not aggressive or stand off) maybe we do things the same way so we observe the same phenomena?

I closed your thread because it had deviated from your discussion into a non related spat which was going to lead to infractions. Closing of a thread does not necessarily reflect on the thread opener.

I suggest, as I think was mentioned in your thread, that you raise any issues that you have about the abilities of the players in the relevant thread in the Data Issues forum , where the Fulham researcher will see the points raised. The General forum is not really the place for player attribute discussions.

If you have issues with the match engine then again please raise them in the match engine section of the Bugs forum, along with pkms and the testers will at least get the info.

This! Nitewalk has obviously missed this explanation and simply reading it would have prevented the need for part 2. As for his Danny Murphy point, trust me from his 'performances' at Spurs messing up a 3 yard pass is more than possible. Useless over the hill, has been who has 2 good matches a season.

With the Smalling issue, I admit I erred to say that, which in no way is an accusation. It was a question, of why wasn't he made better and I understood the initial responses and I am open to it and admit my mistake.

As for the issue with Murphy, again I think some members do not read before they reply. I NEVER said Murphy is like some world beater player, in fact I regard the team of Jean Tigana as being better than the current. Point is that I have describe what I have seen, and may I quote myself to have said the following:

If you were in my place you will know how I feel when Murphy roll a freekick to a teammate (Pantsil) like 3 yards away and the solitary Bolton man-wall intercepted it and take the ball 30 yards like how Nani did against Arsenal and scores a Rooney goal. LIKE WTF seriously? This has surely got nothing to do with tactical choice isn't it? Tell me and teach me which tactic can prevent your player from giving away a free ball from a free kick when it is the playmaker ROLLING a ball to a pal like 3 yards away.

Seriously, WTF? I've watched Premiership for 15 years, I have seen Taibi letting the ball roll under his balls, but watching this on FM game machine seriously puts me in a dilemma, not sure to laugh or to be furious. Make no mistakes about it, I have previously managed in another saved game Yate Town F.C. (8th tier, under the Superbladesman update, mind you), but throughout the three seasons, I have never seen this **** happening.

I was making my sentiments known, I'm not sure how it can be offensive to anyone. I've recommended this game to as many of my friends as I know who plays such games, I don't see how this qualify as an "abuse", quote and justify if you wish, but I think we should all be mature about this. You may think of it as suggestion, you may think of it as abuse, at the end of the day, I cannot change your mind. Close this thread all you like, I hope you are not just after good comments, Neil. :)

About Baird not being made DMC, should really be pointed out with the Fulham researcher, in it's appropiate forum (wherever that is :D).

Tell me and teach me which tactic can prevent your player from giving away a free ball from a free kick when it is the playmaker ROLLING a ball to a pal like 3 yards away.

About the thing above. Well.....Arsenal couldn't even do a penalty that way :o (i'm an arsenal fan btw)

Just don't forget that we if we saw just as many games in the space of a few hours in real life, as we do in the game, you would probably see a lot more of it.

But if it happens regularly, and you think it's wrong. Open a thread in the Bugs forum, and/or the tactics forum.

About addressing stuff to Neil Brock.......why don't you just send him an e-mail or a pm?

Can understand your frustration, so i'm not after you here, in case you take it that way. Just wanted to come with some simple ideas and thoughts, that could help you out a little bit.

Many thanks to those who are kind enough to give me useful advices as I don't switch around in this forum often as I am either working or playing FM. I have, thanks to you all, raised my issues with the Fulham researcher. :)

Edgar, I am sure you're smart enough to realise why I set up a second thread. If you have anything against me, just PM me. Like I said, I set out to make a point, not quarrel or argue so if you wish to start one with me, you are more than welcomed to PM me. I don't think I have insulted anyone, so there is no reason for you to sound so worked up.

Archived