new stadium

in all my time managing ive never had a new stadium is there any clubs in fm09 that get a new stadium in most games?

I had it in FM09 with Ajax. To my surprise the board told me in the summer break (I think after the first season) that the club now moves to the 80.000 seater "Ajax-Stadium"... So it does happen

I wish I could get a new stadium, I cant extend on too my current small one (holds about 10,000) due to not being able to get a council permit and not enough room. I would like to know how long it usually takes before a club who needs more stadium room actually gets a new stadium because at the moment im losing money from people not getting in.

Does anyone have a rough cost guide for new stadiums?

I'm max'd out at 25k (no room to expand) and am averaging around 23.5k.

I dream of moving to a 30k, with room to expand further, but have no idea of what it would cost.

Any ideas? And do i need to have a balance to cover it entirely, or would they build with a loan?

Firstly you'll need to be maxing out your stadium capacity continually for the board to decide to build a new one.

For 30k, I'd estimate around 150mil. The price would be offset by selling your previous stadium, and a loan would also be brought in. You wouldn't have to take the entire hit fom your budget.

Yeah i'm confident that my avge is sufficient to expand...well it would be if i'd room, so moving shouldn't be an issue.

How much would my current stadium sell for? If WHL above is selling for £140m, maybe i could get £70m for mine? Or is that too ambitious?

Maybe 50-60mil for a 25k, though you could get 70mil if you were lucky.

The loan will cover a larger chunk of it though.

Definitely agree re the names. Would be fairly simple surely to get each researcher to suggest a possible name for the potential future stadium. However given recent history it'd probably just be "new whatever" anyway.

I actually got "Trafford Stadium". It may be because the local council helped out with the financing - not sure.

I feared it would be the name of of a sponsor or one of the people originally on the legend list, so it was a pleasant surprise :)

I am in 2012 with Arsenal right now.

Since Season 1, I have ask my board to expand the stadium in the hope that they will tell me there is a new one on the ways, so here are all the replies from the board...

09/10 - No!

10/11 - NO!!!

11/12 - NO!!!!

12/13 - Yes, but council not allowed :-( I have £150m cash in the bank

Looking at my Fulham stadium, we are maxed out to 30,000, I get 30,000 without fail every game, and my bank balance is 216m.

These factors should make a new stadium likey?

Yes, very likely. Having a chairman with high ambition wouldn't hurt either. Just keep winning things and it'll come along eventually.

To be fair, even if you fill out your stadium year in, year out, the board shouldn't automatically expand or build a new one. After all, there are heaps of clubs that fill their stadium each game, but do not expand or build a new stadium.

But I agree it's annoying, cause we want the club to grow, and without a bigger stadium it will always be constrained.

I am in 2012 with Arsenal right now.

Since Season 1, I have ask my board to expand the stadium in the hope that they will tell me there is a new one on the ways, so here are all the replies from the board...

09/10 - No!

10/11 - NO!!!

11/12 - NO!!!!

12/13 - Yes, but council not allowed :-( I have £150m cash in the bank

Why would Arsenal build a new stadium when Emirates just opened?

Season ticket prices are astronomical as well compared to everyone else.

Why would Arsenal build a new stadium when Emirates just opened?

Season ticket prices are astronomical as well compared to everyone else.

no harm ever trying right ;-)

Besides, with the high wage bill my Arsenal team is carrying, ticket sales of 60000 seats isn't capable to cover that...

Archived