3 bad results in a row due to penalties

I looked for similar threads prior to posting, so forgive me if this has been raised.

I have three games in a row now where my team has given up points due to penalties. They usually occur between the 70th and 75th minutes. One cost me a win (I managed a draw), and the other two games I lost with a 1-0 scoreline.

My issue is that I can't figure out why. My players aren't aggressive or overly tired. Morale is good (though dropping now with 1 point in three games that should have been 5 points in three games). Any other ideas as to why the late game breaking penalties?

Oh...and there were three different players who caused the penalty. A right winger and two central defenders.

Any help would be appreciated!

It's called a statistical anomaly. These things happen from time to time. IRL, you get people coming up with all kinds of crap whenever a team like Arsenal loses to a few late goals in a row ("they've got no fight," "they need experienced men in those late-game situations") but usually these things jsut turn out to be an unlucky patch.

If it happens ten times in a row, panic.

Sounds like your team has a mental fade out later in games. Try and source the players who are struggling to run out the game and maybe change them in the 50-60th minute with fresh minded players. I had this exact same problem and I found that rotating players helped.

Archived