Formation and Tactics Problem

Hi

I must admit i hate the new formation and tactics format in the new FM and i have been playing it for over 16 years since about 1994.

The reason i hate it is when you place a player within a postion they used to know what to do in that postion, now you have to set different roles and postions telling them what to do e.g. deep lying forward.

As anybody else found this a problem i hope they sort it out for FM 2011 or they allow to change to the old format.

Thanks

Hi

I must admit i hate the new formation and tactics format in the new FM and i have been playing it for over 16 years since about 1994.

The reason i hate it is when you place a player within a postion they used to know what to do in that postion, now you have to set different roles and postions telling them what to do e.g. deep lying forward.

As anybody else found this a problem i hope they sort it out for FM 2011 or they allow to change to the old format.

Thanks

The old format is still there.

Hi

Thanks

How difficult is it to select a role for the player?

eg for a DC you only have three options and it even highlights which attributes are important for each selection.

Hi

Thanks

I think the new system is a God-send. I could never figure out how the bleedin' sliders worked, so now I'm solely using player roles. I'm not touching the sliders with a 10-foot pole. It's just bound to fudge up something.

I think the new system is a God-send. I could never figure out how the bleedin' sliders worked, so now I'm solely using player roles. I'm not touching the sliders with a 10-foot pole. It's just bound to fudge up something.

Agreed. Finally I have a general idea of what my guys are going to do. I love easily shifting roles around mid-game depending on the situation.

Archived