Manager of the year is fixed!

After many seasons i thought i'd change the game around and i only loaded the EPL and added a transfer embargo to all teams so its more real.

So as Man City boss i finished 2nd and only lost out on 1st by goal difference!

And my close neighbours beat me in the carling cup but finished 6th!

And so the manager of the year came round mr carlo won, fair enough, then fergie came second and me third!

Explain please as United dont care about the carling cup fergie has said that (unless there playing city irl) and for united to finsh 6th is a joke

where as city to finish 2nd in there first season is AMAZING

screenshot20100202at173.png

How did United do in Europe? The mere fact that United are playing Champions League football is a plus for Ferguson. If they progressed to the latter stages then he would obviously pick up manager points for that

1st round i think,

but this year irl if united only win the CC and city finish 2nd city and united finish 6th city will have had a much better season!

is it not based on manager points? if hes got to quaters of champs league for example and further than you in the fa cup then hes played more games and will have won more, so he gets more manager points therefore a better season.

is it not based on manager points? if hes got to quaters of champs league for example and further than you in the fa cup then hes played more games and will have won more, so he gets more manager points therefore a better season.

I didnt know it worked like this, seems a fair way to do it i guess!

But if a team like Stoke finished second and got knocked out of the FA and CC in 3rd round would that mean he wouldnt be manager of the year IRL?

This is realistic in a sense, seeing as Fergie has the media and all these award shows wrapped around his wee finger... how else do you think Giggs won player of the year last season - by playing the best football? :D

:rolleyes:

Yea. you're right. Fergie rigs all these awards so that his players win them.

Giggs won it because he was playing outstanding football despite his age at the start of the season and the awards were decided far too early for them to actually mean anything so the fact the he was distinctly average for the rest of the season was meaningless

This is realistic in a sense, seeing as Fergie has the media and all these award shows wrapped around his wee finger... how else do you think Giggs won player of the year last season - by playing the best football? :D

It was the player's player of the year award..Which means that other players voted for him, not the media...Some people just dont get it, oh well

It was the player's player of the year award..Which means that other players voted for him, not the media...Some people just dont get it, oh well

Maybe he's referring to the BBC sportsperson of the year??

*off topic*- was funny seeing jensen button getting ready to accept it and then having to smile for the cameras as giggs accepted it

Finishing 2nd with City after they spent hundreds of milions already isn't all that amazing in the first place.

You won nothing. Carlo won EPL, SAF won the FA Cup. They had at least some wins in Europe, you had none.

So that's just the result I would have expected.

Be aware that under the circumstances your 3rd spot is a quite good achievement. You beat all the other teams which play in Europe along with Pool and the Gunners. That should make it easier to calm down a bit. :)

After many seasons i thought i'd change the game around and i only loaded the EPL and added a transfer embargo to all teams so its more real.

I've been slightly tempted by that idea... but i would do it for maybe spain italy france and germany too.

I sorta know what to do... when entering the names of the teams to EDT file how specific do you have to be? eg would you write Athletico Madrid like that or like this At. Madrid. Or Tottenham or Tottenham Hotspur :p

I think you should of got Manager of the year. Sicne its the Premier league manager of the year not the european manager of the year

Finishing 2nd with City after they spent hundreds of milions already isn't all that amazing in the first place.

IRL if city finished second joint on points with the winners i think people would say its amazing, no they would say it is trust me on that one

Anyone trying to justify this needs their heads testing. Explain it, sure, but don't justify it. For United to come 6th is an abomination.

A Carling Cup win and an "attendance" in Europe doesn't salvage that failure.

Does the game take into account the teams expectations in these awards? I would be surprised if it did.

I finished my first season with Milan -- expected to make a title challenge, but I won the Scudetto, went to the finals of the Coppa Italia (lost to Juve on penalties) and beat Barca on penalties in the CL finals. I won Serie A by 9 points, yet somehow Mourinho won manager of the year even though Inter, expected to win Serie A, finished third. I also beat Inter in the quarters of CL. He won nothing but got manager of the year? Made no sense. Don't know if this gets fixed in the second season the way World Player of the Year usually didn't make sense in the first season in FM08 and FM09, but it is annoying.

For me, the manager of the year/month awards have been shrouded in injustice since time immemorial. Remember thinking they were dodgy when i started playing CM99-00. This may be due to the fact that i haven't won nearly as many as I would have liked, instilling in me the idea that this can only mean the system is flawed. Which may be the case, though it's just as likely that, like the England national side, I'm simply not as good as I think I am.

Maybe he's referring to the BBC sportsperson of the year??

*off topic*- was funny seeing jensen button getting ready to accept it and then having to smile for the cameras as giggs accepted it

I seriously doubt that if you read it again

how else do you think Giggs won player of the year last season - by playing the best football? :D

This happened to me, 2nd with Manchester City in the first season only to lose out on the last day on goal difference to Chelsea. Didnt do the best in the cups, quater final in each competition and not even in the top 3 for manager of the year. I was actually shocked i mean if City finished 2nd in the first season would be seen as legendary this year but then again i suppose the old bias approach to the scum of manchester is a factor in this fm also.

• 3 months later...

In FM, it's ALWAYS whoever wins the Premier League. Surely it should be the manager of the team ranked as overachievers come the end of season awards? Perhaps not always, but certainly a fair amount of the time. That would be far more realistic.

As it is though, I must have played 40-50 seasons of FM2010 and it's been the manager who won the Premier League every single year that I can remember, and it's something I look out for so I'm sure I'd have noticed if it was ever anyone different.

Archived