Council won't allow new stadium.

I'm currently managing chelmsford...quite liked the idea of taking a blue square south team as far as possible.

I'm currently in League 1, the stadium capacity is 3000, which it was at the start of the game...I have asked for a new stadium but they have told me that the council will never allow a new stadium because of a lack of room.

Am i being too hopeful in wondering if a new one could ever be built or the capacity increased? Or do I just have to accept that it's a small club and get on with it.

Any replies would be helpful - past experiences and all that :)

Cheers guys.

it might take a while but I'm guessing there is a chance you can get a new stadium, money is a major factor in this, you either have to have enough to build a new stadium or be making enough money to pay back a loan which is sometimes taken out to finance a new stadium.

I currently manage Havant & Waterlooville and their ground, Westleigh Park, has a capacity of 4,500 (642 seats)....

I'm now in the prem and i was always told the council would never allow a ground expansion.

First season in Prem they told me we were moving to a 15,000 seater in 2 years time...

I have 1 year to go, but the downside of prem league rules is that it must be seats only

I therefore only have an average attendance (and for another year yet) of 642...

The funny thing is....i still sell 3000 season tickets haha....

Im in my 7th season with Sheff Utd, after not allowing ground expansion , they have decided to build a new stadium... Sheff United Stadium. Mind you i have just won my 2nd premiership and 1st Champs League... with loads of luck. So they see big income coming in the next few years as the board had taken out a pretty big loan , offset by selling bramall lane and sponsorship deals..

I currently manage Havant & Waterlooville and their ground, Westleigh Park, has a capacity of 4,500 (642 seats)....

I'm now in the prem and i was always told the council would never allow a ground expansion.

First season in Prem they told me we were moving to a 15,000 seater in 2 years time...

I have 1 year to go, but the downside of prem league rules is that it must be seats only

I therefore only have an average attendance (and for another year yet) of 642...

The funny thing is....i still sell 3000 season tickets haha....

Alreet Wallace, how's it going?

Archived