Two awsoe regens in one batch

First of all, sorry for the rubbish spelling, I do know Awesome has an "E" and "M" in it, I was just to eager to hit submit.

I don't know if I have just been fantastically lucky, or if the amount of quality regens has been increased, but this season I received two pretty impressive regens.

The first was highlighted when the regens where created as being one of the best prospects of his generation, now I have never seen that message before, so I checked the bad boy out. Only to find my DRC only had 5 for jumping. A little disappointed I decided, oh well I can always retrain him as a winger, although his stamina is a little low and his crossing sucks.

th_Howson21-9-13.jpg

Now imagine my surprise while I am checking out the other regens in the youth squad when I come across a player that my coaches think could play in the championship already, meet my awesome striker prospect:

th_Hedley21-9-13.jpg

Now apart from to brag about these two, I am also interested in asking what you all do to nuture these young talents, I don't think I have ever had two such good prospects in my youth squad before.

Currently both of them are being tutored by first team players and I have put them on some custom training schedules to try and up there weaker stats, but anything else you can suggest?

Anyway, I will be interested to see your pictures when you get them working :) The best I have ever managed was two in one season as well - one was a spectacular attacking midfielder and the other was a very good defensive midfielder. God bless Ajax.

Well, to comment on your regen - he seems to be caught half way between a right back and a centre back. Rubbish jumping and poor attacking qualities will make him "not great" at either position. Perhaps you could retrain him to a DMC eventually?

Well, to comment on your regen - he seems to be caught half way between a right back and a centre back. Rubbish jumping and poor attacking qualities will make him "not great" at either position. Perhaps you could retrain him to a DMC eventually?

Ooo, good idea. I might look at that as an option.

Any one got any ideas how much I can increase Jumping by in his early years?

i didnt know you can retrain a position, how do you do it?

1) Click on the players name.

2) Click on the "Training" tab near the top of the screen. (third one from the left)

3) Look for the drop down arrow on the "New Position" and choose what position to train him in.

the Right back has 7 for positioning, the striker 7 for off the ball... would'nt call that awesome.

That is where match experience, tutoring and training comes in.

Awesome regens like these often already have sky-high CA for their age, so there might not be much left to improve.

That is a big worry of mine, the coaches are on the fence, listing them as both having the potential to be premier league quality, usually between 2.5-3.5 stars. Which is where they also rate Jack Wilshere, so there is hope.

So far I have resisted the urge to boot up Genie Scout and have a look my self as it will influence how I treat them.

Archived