Closest Title Race?

On FM08 my Man United team lost the league on the last day of the season due to goals scored. Went into the last day level with Arsenal but with a pretty close goal difference (think I led just). Started winning and checked latest scores and Arsenal had gone 1 down. Was like nice and went back to my game which I won like 2-1 or something. Checked Arsenal's final score at it was 6-1 to them!!! Looked at the table and they had over taken me on goal difference and had more goals scored ¬_¬.

As Liverpool, I once pipped Man Utd to the league on the last day, beating them 2-1 at Old Trafford to have the league on goal difference. The kicker? The late winner (and title decider) was scored by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who I'd signed from Man U just before the last transfer window closed.

I don't remember when this was but it was back when the window closed in March and I was desperate for a striker. Since then, Solskjaer has been one of the few Man Utd players I didn't completely hate.

I had one season where i was chelsea, 37 games played and table was:

1.Man Utd P92

2.Chelsea P92

3.Man City P92

4.Arsenal P92

5.Tottenham P91

6. Liverpool P90

and last games of season were chelsea vs man city and man utd vs liverpool

I won the title on goal difference after i beat man city 3-0 and man utd only beat liverpool 1-0

Archived