FM11 Player Tabs (al la OOPB)?

Would the option to open certain things in a new window be a good idea?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Would the option to open certain things in a new window be a good idea?

• Yes. It's such a good idea it makes me want to touch myself
    • Yes, could be useful.
    • Not fussy
    • No, has all the usefulness of a brick lifejacket

Was doing some searching on this having remembered the way in which you could open up new windows with player profiles in Out Of The Park Baseball during SI's short flirtation with it.

Tabs is probably the wrong word, more multiple screens.

A quick google/bing actually brings up an old GD thread wherein Von Blade, McDoul, and a couple of others seemed quite keen on the idea.

I can't find a screenie right now, but the basic idea was that you could right-click on a player and 'open in new window'.

You can currently flick between profiles using the little lists in the FM footer bar, but moving between them and a training, or tactics screen can sometimes be annoying.

Is this something we might see implemented?

Is it something other FM'ers would find useful?

Could it be expanded upon as an FM feature?

ooo, my name popped up. i only ever read these days, seldom contribute, but i do remember mentioning this about 2 years ago, round the time the oopb demo was out

as an example, if i was looking at signing a striker, i can compare 2 side by side, but the ability to open the profile of 3 or 4 srtikers in separate windows and quickly flick between them would be brilliant. So much easier than into profile, back to shortlist, into profile, back to shortlist, into profile, back to shortlist... makes you wanna die.

also cool in windows 7 for snapping a window to either side of the screen to look at 2 profiles side by side, or even 4.

yes, i like the idea, amazed you spotted such an old thread lol

Yeah, tabs of some kind would be very handy.

I often find myself trying to right-click a players name in order to "Open in new tab".

I.e. when your scouts report back with a list of prospects - it would be nice to open them up seperately in their own pane and then compare.

Yeah, tabs of some kind would be very handy.

I often find myself trying to right-click a players name in order to "Open in new tab".

I.e. when your scouts report back with a list of prospects - it would be nice to open them up seperately in their own pane and then compare.

Would be so much easier I'm sure.:thup:

• SI Staff
Tabs with the new interface would work brilliantly. I often find myself wishing we had tabs when I'm playing. As long as I can open new tabs with my middle mouse button!

I'm not so sure they would. We've already got two layers of tabs for navigating through sections and sub-sections of objects. Adding a third layer to navigate between objects may be confusing.

I'm not so sure they would. We've already got two layers of tabs for navigating through sections and sub-sections of objects. Adding a third layer to navigate between objects may be confusing.

This wouldn't be a tab row, this would simply be the option to open profiles in a new window.

This wouldn't be a tab row, this would simply be the option to open profiles in a new window.

Not sure this would work unless your in windowed mode... in full screen you wouldn't be able to do it(open whole new screen) so if they had a tab system it would be more like having an "fm task bar"(instead of windows task bar) at the top with the different FM windows you've opened.

It SOUNDS and LOOKS good in my head :p

I'm not sure what would be so confusing, especially if it only opened if you opened a new tab. The only downside I could see in terms of the visual look is that it could look a little messy.

Can't say I like the idea of new windows though.

Archived