Dilemma

Hi there!

I have a 32 year old striker who is scoring goals for fun after I signed him on a free 4 years ago. I'm now in January, and Inter offered me £17m for him. I told them I would only negotiate for at least £23m and he would only move at the end of the season, when he turns 33 and hopefully his stats would decrease. They rejected despite still being interested.

He is happy at the club but already said that he'd consider a move to Inter.

My only problem is that there aren't too many good strikers available for a reasonable price, although I have lined up a hefty £35m offer for a striker who is, according to my scout, "very consistent".

So, should I let him go for a fee around £20m-£23m or should I keep him and hope he is still bagging goals next season?

Cheers!

For that money I would of got rid. He could take a major stat decrease all of a sudden next season.

I wouldnt spend 17m on a 32 year old. I usually accept any reasonable offers when players hit 32.

£20m for a 32 year old is a great offer in my opinion. I think i would sell because at that age his best years are most likely behind him and you could use the money to find a younger replacement. If you don't feel like you can let him go however then you should keep him and make sure he tutors some youngsters to pass on his experience.

Archived