Knowledge vs. Regens?

Hey all.

I was just wondering about something. Does having great knowledge about a certain country, increase the chance of your club getting a regen from there.

Eg. I have Barry Whitbread as a scout, and he has nearly 100% knowledge of Singapore. Will he do so, that I have an icreased chance of getting a regen from Singapore in my youth team?

From what I've noticed so far it has to do with:

Yourself- you will see players of your nationality now and then

Nation tendencies- eg in Germany there are many immigrants from Turkey, less from Greece and other European countries. In France you will see northern Africans. It's a normal thing for those clubs to have players from such a background.

Staff- whatever nationality my staff were, I could have regens from. Managing a Greek club, I had two Brazilian regens,with myself being an Italian manager(had a few Italians as well), and the only thing Brazilian I had was Gilberto Silva and a physio named Soter.

I've never seen a totally random regen, but it's not something I have looked deep into

The population of Polish people or people with a Polish background is actually quite small in comparison to people from India and Pakistan. Also the recent increase in Polish people in Britain is a new trend so they aren't actually 'settled' in this country yet and started families here.

I believe their is a slightly enhanced chance of getting a nationallity which you have a lot of knowledge for.

For example on one of my Man Utd saves I have 3 brazilian coaches and so full knowledge on Brazil. When the time came for new regens to come in I did a save and reload thing (looking for a son, not for good regens :p ) and out of the 20 or so tries i did, before i got bored, I had 3 Brazilians but all of them had british as a second nationality.

I don't know if this is true at all tbh. Two of my best regens have come from Andorra and Mali, and I'm a Spanish club. I have 0 scouting knowledge of either country. The Andorran came through my youth team, and the Malian one was created at a French club. (Makes sense.)

I had a regen on FM09 come through the youth from Jamaica of all places, who was a solid winger. Had no scouting knowledge of that country at the time. I also remember getting one in the youth system who was from another strange country like Morocco or something.

Archived