Looooong load. looooonger save.

Out of nowhere, my games that have been pretty quick up until today (loading and saving times of 8-10 seconds) have gone very, very slow (loading and saving times of almost 5 minutes) on my MacBook 2.2 Ghz 10.5.8. The match engine is fine but loading, saving and quitting have gone quite wrong, and running programs outside of the game is suddenly out of the question.

Could it be some sudden change to my laptop or is there something with the game? i've re-installed but am having the same problem.

it started in my recent game with woodsley sports with all the lower teams loaded. i'm not done with the first season yet in that game. then when i loaded my older game that's in year 2014 it happened with that. game sizes are 60mb and 85mb.

and yes, compressed game saves.

i have the same 20 gigs free that i've kept for the last 6 months when i wasn't having this problem. there's something like it on the technical issues forum but its not exactly the same. i wonder if its something on my computer, though my internet and other programs are running fine. even the game runs mostly fine. its the getting in and out that's problematic.

Archived