Game is so clever

I play a 3-5-2 wingback formation with varying instructions, but never ever switch from this shape. 7th season now in my current save and have noticed that every season the media links me with a dozen players I've never heard of. Here's the problem: they're all wingers.

I have conclusively figured out why. The game links you with players who play in positions that are LACKING in your squad. With complete disregard to the tactics you have never deviated from in 6 - 7 seasons.

Brilliant.

I notice this too. I play a 4-1-2-1-2 diamond and I constantly get linked with wingers, I have no use for A/MRLs. I'm in my 6th season and the first season was the only time I used wingers at all, and that was just because I was wasn't able to unload Joe Cole, Malouda, Kalou, etc before my first season started. Last year my youth squad's best regen was, unfortunately, an AMR who didn't have any ability at another position, so I had to adjust my youth team to accommodate him...but why would I want a player like that in my youth squad to begin with?

Very annoying, but it does happen in real life. Of the 'big four' only Man Utd really ever play with wingers, yet all 4 are regularly linked with them, as the media seem to assume the reason you don't play a formation with wingers is simply because you don't have any.

Ribery, Capel, Quaresma, McGeady.. etc, all linked all the time.

Those they do sign are rarely played as "wingers" either.

I keep getting linked with strikers because i play a 4-2-3-1 with only three strikers in my first team. The thing is i have a few wingers who can fill in up front as well and my second choice striker isn't rated highly by any of my coaches. All the coach reports i get on him rate him as a 1 and a half or 2 star striker whos already at his potential. However last season he scored 17 goals across all competitions with something like 25 apps, mainly off the bench including a brace in a 3-2 win over my rivals on hs debut. The fans love him i love him but my coaches and the media don't.

In my save, 9/10 transfer rumours for my club is a for a new GK. I have a quality GK, but my reserve is pretty poor - that's probally the reason. I must admit it get's very annoying, but i guess it would be true irl...

I also play with out any wingers and I don't have an official right full back. I too get a constant stream of Wingers offered to me.

I also seem to be seeing a larger proportion of wingers and right sided defenders turning up in my youth facility.

Probably a good thing though, because when patch 10.3 comes out and the fix crosses, we will all be needing them again.....

Archived