Help, Bought Fm10 through Steam, will it work on my MacbookPro?

Hi guys, i purchased my copy of fm2010 through steam in november but i will be getting rid of my PC soon, is it possible to use the CD key that came with my steam version for my laptop(MAC = no steam). any help would be appreciated.

but please don't suggest using bootcamp or a PC-emulator such as CrossOver as i have found it damages the MACOSX and i know fm2010 works on the mac natively

Cheers!

Thats pretty crummy, considering steam games like GTAIV / Far-Cry2 etc etc allow you to view/use the CD-Key that u pay for if u were to install a non-steam version of the game (to play in offline mode).. and considering the only real benefit of having Football Manager on steam is the ability to create networked games quicker, i am really disappointed now.. because steam doesn't work in offline mode so if im not online - on steam i can't play FM10? =/

I think you can use steam in offline mode. Never tried it myself but from what ive read it should work. Since you are going to be using mac you are pretty much stuck with installing bootcamp and windows.I dont know why that would damage mac osx. Its an officially supported app.

Why did you buy it from steam anyway? Its way more expensive that way than buying it from an online shop.

bootcamp would be fine it doesn't damage the OSX just a hassle to have to reboot the computer everytime i want to play FM, but programs such as parallels or crossover that emulate a windows os damage the Mac OSX considerably (i tried running fm10 using crossover today and it didn't work).

I bought it through steam because it was cheaper and seems more reliable (its automatically updated etc) than other digital retailers.. It is a shame though that you can buy the same game in-store and the disc will work on both PC and Mac (i bought fm08 + fm09 retail) but if buy it online u don't have any options or flexibility

:(

Archived