Odd investments?

I am Eastleigh and i get a Tycoon board takeover(honestly i didn't want it, i wanted the challenge.) anyway i decide to stay on and within months the new chairman has invested £125k or so each month to remove the debt which was there from before his reign. I had around £190k left and then he invests £11m at the end of March...What the hell? £11m no transfer window until summer i am 13th and out of all cups. Stadium can't be expanded so whats the point?

I am Eastleigh and i get a Tycoon board takeover(honestly i didn't want it, i wanted the challenge.) anyway i decide to stay on and within months the new chairman has invested £125k or so each month to remove the debt which was there from before his reign. I had around £190k left and then he invests £11m at the end of March...What the hell? £11m no transfer window until summer i am 13th and out of all cups. Stadium can't be expanded so whats the point?

I don't get what the problem is? Perhaps the chairman wanted to give you the money early so you could get your new signings sorted early for next season. He was being nice and generous, and you react like this?! :p

I don't get what the problem is? Perhaps the chairman wanted to give you the money early so you could get your new signings sorted early for next season. He was being nice and generous, and you react like this?! :p

Agreed, rather than guessing how much you will have to play with he has given you and indication enabling forward planning. A bit like Mcleish at Birmingham being told he had £20-40 million to spend......... oh wait........ now where did that go? :D

Agreed, rather than guessing how much you will have to play with he has given you and indication enabling forward planning. A bit like Mcleish at Birmingham being told he had £20-40 million to spend......... oh wait........ now where did that go? :D

Lol, it did indeed seem to disappear from September/October time, to when the January transfer window actually came about!

But yes, I usually like to get some deals wrapped up in March/April time, so when July 1st comes around they are in my squad, no-one else can beat me to them, and they have time to settle in with the rest of the squad. This is obviously especially helpful if you sign foreigners who need to settle in.

I wish my chairman gave me my summer transfer budget in March! :D

hahahah this storys quite funny, they seem to do it monthly if the clubs finances arent at a satisfactory rate for example im city and if my balance goes anywhere near £30m it gets another 30m instantly maybe 10m is your chairmans default budget and maybe thats why he does it at a wierd time, what league are you in and what year ive never seen a tycoon at a small town club in a small league on fm

hahahah this storys quite funny, they seem to do it monthly if the clubs finances arent at a satisfactory rate for example im city and if my balance goes anywhere near £30m it gets another 30m instantly maybe 10m is your chairmans default budget and maybe thats why he does it at a wierd time, what league are you in and what year ive never seen a tycoon at a small town club in a small league on fm

I havn't seen any in FM10, in 09 there was a few reported on here and a few in my saves aswell. Wrexham, Exeter and Blyth all had a tycoon at some point in my 09 saves.

I havn't seen any in FM10, in 09 there was a few reported on here and a few in my saves aswell. Wrexham, Exeter and Blyth all had a tycoon at some point in my 09 saves.

bolton and birmingham one italian and 2 belgium teams have had tycoon takeovers in mine i am in my 8th season.

On 09 i had a tycoon with Bromley. Safely got to mid table in the championship. Then the next patch came out. Fixing tycoon investment in lower clubs. He pulled the plug on investing and things went downhill. Ruined that save for me!

Surely it shouldn't have changed that? Just maybe future tycoon takeovers?

Surely it shouldn't have changed that? Just maybe future tycoon takeovers?

Nope i had my Yugoslavian ( :p ) Tycoon and the minute i updated to patch 9.0.3 and put my game on a news item appeared saying pretty much that he is going to stop topping the balance up to 5million every month. 6th season in, furthest i'd ever got into a game and id have been in admin in about 3 months, was not happy! :mad:

Archived