How to get consistancy?

I'm currently Aston Villa and in my second season.

Quick background to 1st season.

Pem: 9th

FA: quaters

Carling: 3rd round

Europa: last 32

signed: Jelen, stenman

sold:bouma, shorey, harewood

Second season: (feb 2nd 2011)

Pem: currently 8th

FA: 5th round out

Carling: quarters (out)

best results this season: liverpool 2-0, arsenall 2-1, united 1-1 away

worst results: burnley 1-0, wigan 2-1, bristol 1-0 etc

signed: Diego Benaglio

sold: stenman.

I've also completely changed most of the coaching staff, some examples here:

brain mclair in as coach

Simon hunt scout (next opposition)

colin cooper as assistant manager

so thats looking good now

ok so the training/coaching is great and i play 4-4-2 with diamond mid:

gk: benaglio

lb: warnock

cb: dunne

cb: davies

rb: young

lm: downing

dm: petrov

rm: young

acm: milner

st: carew

st: agbonlahor

so anyway i stick to the same formation but i change the sliders around game to game depending on scout report and pre match meeting advice. and i often teak the tactics depding on the score.

basically i think my team is good, the training is great and my tactics are fine but im struggling with:

1. team talks (assistant always says do it for fans. he must be wrong?) also when to do individual player team talks?

2. squad disapline is quite low

3. finance is minus £15m balance yet my wage bill is well in profit :S i could even spend another £5m if i wanted.

so if someone could help me on them 3 last things that would be great!

1. there are numerous threads on team talks. one is a sticky somewhere (i think tactics forum) which i am sure you will find very useful - dont always go for what your assman says, however.

2. hire staff with high discipline and discipline your players when they get sent off.

3. an option would be to request a commercial feeder club.

What I have learnt and seems to work.

Once you are happy with your tactics Never mess with the sliders. I dont adjust my tactics to suit the opposition. The opposition should have to adjust for me. Its up to them to stop me playing how I want to play.

Team talks.

I use to like to mix it up so they don't get bored but it seems "For the Fans" over and over seems to work well, I have tried to use "I expect a win" against teams I am far better than but it puts to much pressure on the players sometimes and end up failing to score despite dominating. If the assistant tells me someone is struggling with pressure or its a debut i say "no pressure".

Half time usually "For the fans" again. If someone gets a 7.5+ or scores and gets a 7.3 "they have faith" Anyone under 6.5 get "dissapointing". I never pick "none" anymore despite how well it worked in other FMs or what people say on here. "pleased" with some "dissapointing" and "have faith" seems to work better for me.

Full time "Delighted" with players 8+. "Dissapointing" with players 6.5-. Team "Pleased" or "sympathise" on others depending on result. I Never give an "angry" even if they get sent off. I tried it once and he never forgave me.

Always warn players for getting sent off.

Never had a problem with moral since or throwing away 2+ goal leads.

There is a good thread on team talks by a guy called wolfburg (i think) but I cant find it.

1. there are numerous threads on team talks. one is a sticky somewhere (i think tactics forum) which i am sure you will find very useful - dont always go for what your assman says, however.

2. hire staff with high discipline and discipline your players when they get sent off.

3. an option would be to request a commercial feeder club.

ok i found the team talks thread .

so how have my board totally mis-calculated my clubs finances. im like 50k under the limit of wages yet im making up to a £1m loss each month.

how soon before administration?

Supposedly you are suppose to use that If your players are over cocky or "I expect a peformance" on single players. But I have had mixed results, normally bad.

ok i found the team talks thread .

so how have my board totally mis-calculated my clubs finances. im like 50k under the limit of wages yet im making up to a £1m loss each month.

how soon before administration?

unforunately, as a head coach there isn't much you can do since the finances are mostly controlled by the board.

however if you are really concerned about this issue i would suggest to stop spending, (even if you have a budget to do so), take a look at every staff member salary (some older staff may have ridiculous wages which are not on par with their attributes); and start favouring young promising players to good old players whom you have to pay top dollar for their experience and titles.

Archived