Picking your own Feeder Club.

For the past 2 seasons the board have give me the option to pick my own feeder club.

I understand Belgium are the best for WP's and USA and Japan for Commerical.

But so far I chose Anderlect and Genk, both rejected. got the board to try and find some and they are useless.

So I'm going to give it another go. Thinking maybe a commercial one this time.

Has anyone ever succeeded to find their own. What do people recommend. And any other tips.?

I recently had a similar thread, I always choose to find a permit club but no matter what I do the board always return with "cannot find a suitable club", it sucks if you ask me. People suggested that I not request a certain type or team and see what the board returns with.

So I guess its pot luck.

The worst thing is if you pick one that rejects, you cant ask for another feeder club for about 6 months.

Does anyone know what is important in finding a commercial link. My guess would be a big city in America who has great local players you could sign to get the supporters to follow your club. Or it could be a club that has massive support themselfs and want to support both clubs.

Do you mean you can litterally go out a point at the club you want to be you feeder club, and they will accept it.

once a board trusts you enough they will indeed allow you to point out your own feeder clubs and they'll try to make the link happen, never worked for me though

I wish I could just pick a list of COUNTRIES/AREAS which the board can later choose viable candidates from.

I've been asking for a feeder club and I got to choose between "greyed out" clubs from Togo, Zimbabwe , Costa Rica or Honduras.

Oh and once I got Gateshead...

While I see I can't expect to get huge clubs as feeders, at least I should be given some sides I might actually have a use for a link with.

Instead it's totally random in the worst meaning of the word.

I wonder if there certain boards are more stubborn than others. My club has been taken over by a fan organization, surely they wouldn't have the links of other high profile board members, that could be a reason for the poor club finding.

nah never happened to me.

i dont believe itll ever get much success (i picked a club that was on my feeder list on previous requests and they get rejected) so cant see the point. just wish the board would give u some clue what clubs (a bit like picking friendlies) on rep of who might be interested or even like a joblist with lists of clubs looking for feeder. means u can keep an eye out for clubs

Yeah, It would be nice if they could filter some of the no chances out. I'm still sitting here staring at the what feeder club do you want screen.

once a board trusts you enough they will indeed allow you to point out your own feeder clubs and they'll try to make the link happen, never worked for me though

Never got this far with the board either. Which says it all really.

For the past 2 seasons the board have give me the option to pick my own feeder club. I understand Belgium are the best for WP's

Actually I would suggest that if your after south american players then you should be looking to get a feeder club in Spain and not Belgium because the Spanish rules say that a player from a spanish speaking country is eligible for citizenship after just 2 years compaired to 3 in Belgium. Although the rule says it applies to spanish speaking nations I've found that it applies to all south american nations.

That sounds like a good idea. I wonder if I could have 1 from spain and 1 from belgium.

I don't fully understand the rules and I have been looking on the internet for the past hour.

I decided on LA galaxy. They turned me down. You would think they would be happy to be linked with a premier club.

They already have Chelsea iirc...

In my time I've asked for 2 one was a failure (Racing Santander who had just been relegated) and one was a success (Fulham - also had been relegated) wonder whether the fact that Fulham's manager was Freddie Ljungberg - one of my former coaches, and I'm on his favoured personnel list - had any bearing on that going through.

Surely it would be better if when you picked select club. It gave you a list of available clubs in different continents. Or at least allow you choose a new club rather than have to wait 6 months when its rejected.

This :thup:

Archived