International call-ups

Playing as liverpool and went into an FA cup quarter final against everton.

Went to select my squad and saw 95% were away on international duty.

Obviously i recieved a message earlier that week but i didnt think the date would clash with this!

But what am i meant to do though, if we were back then, if i ask them all to withdraw (only a friendly) then it'll **** them all off - and if i dont (which is what happened), im forced to play my youth team.

Yes everton had some players missing, but obviously have less top internationals and they still had Jo, arteta, cahill, jagielka and a few others where as all i have is jamie carragher!

What have others done and is it just bad luck that you have to deal with? =/

I would withdraw the best players but only if it's your last chance of winning something (which judging by you being Liverpool, it probably is).

Quarter final of the Cup, against your massive local rivals, gotta upset the apple cart and do everything you can to try and win it and risk the long-term implications.

ha! i always feared this would happen but luckily it hasnt happened to me just yet with my Real Madrid team which also has 95% of the squad playing for their international team.

try going on holliday for 1 day. let the assman deal with it and hope for the best!

Haha morti - in r/l that is the case!

But im still fighting for the PL with the manchesters and chelsea - 4 points between us all, and in quarters of CL

It was too late to withdraw them as i didnt notice the date, so i fielded my understrength squad and lost 1-0.

Fans were not best pleased as you'd expect but i'll try and make it up to them by performing well in the other comps.

Yh, just what i was thinking.

At least this little situation will make me look closely at international dates from now on!

Its happened to me before on 09, but in a couple of league games.

Shouldnt be happening really - deffo wouldnt in r/l, imagine a game in the PL late on with a lot hanging on it, and teams forced to put on their youths - would be an interesting scenario though! haha

Archived