could be my worst team ever...

i am using leicester city and i have played through 2 seasons, got sacked and restarted with the team again... now i am in my second season for the second time and the team is just showing really bad signs.

i play a regular 4-4-2 but i'm not gonna rant about tactics, its more on my player's incompetence as football players

i think i have the worst gk. he lets in so many direct free kicks which are shot straight at him, he can't handle corners that are in the 6 yard box (to be more detailed, straight at him), he doesn't come out to cover angles and he makes every striker score like torres in a 1 on 1 situation.

i also have a terrible strike force that can't score. they keep slamming the ball at the keeper and when i tell them to place the balls, they reject my suggestion. if they score, i get worried because the other end makes lots of mistakes too.

my defenders let opposition players turn and shoot, my left and right back don't track strikers running between them and the nearest centre back. tight marking, man marking, zonal marking, tried them all. my defence just doesn't defend.

every game is riddled with mistakes. someone has to give away a penalty, someone has to miss a header that led to a goal.

generally, the team lacks aggression, i see them get pushed, outmuscled and bullied around the whole pitch. hard tackling is on but every other team is tackling harder.

high balls are not headed away first time, sometimes it even bounces through 3 defenders lumped together and the striker happily nicks it away the 3 stooges to place the ball into the corner against my incompetent keeper.

i just feel frustrated, its like managing a bunch of people who can't play football and the board is telling me that they want the team to be on the top half of the table.

*sob*

Morale i feel plays a high level of importance in FM. Your strikers are missing, then bring in a reserve team striker who just scored a hattrick in the reserves into the starting line up. Make your team talks as encorouging as possible and sympafise their losses.

Vary your tactics up.

Praise another manager, which he will often reply with mirroring messages, re-itterating the players belief in your managerial abilities.

Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...

ok, i managed to have 2 good seasons.

the 4th season was terrible (not as bad as the first) because i dumped a whole bunch of the old players and my team was filled with 20yr olds that were bullied throughout the season.

i have a couple of problems.

my left and right back tend to dally on the ball instead of releasing it early to the wingers, how do i go about solving that?

and my young strikers tend to take a touch too many (trap, touch touch touch and the defender comes in to take the ball off them before they can shoot), should i tell them to take more first time shots?

Archived