Too many 'long flat bullet throws' ?!

If you want to tone it down then try and interact with your players, or change your throw in instruction to short. Don't know why you would complain though, if you have a good tall player in your team, make sure he is up there to get on to those throws! Long throw ins are dangerous and you should really capitalise on the advantage you have.

Every once in a while, fine. A few teams per division, fine.

But i have around 5 or 6 players in my squad that do this, and every single throw in (by me or the opposition) is launched into the box rory delap style! Can we tone down on this a tad?!

....because the match engine is terrible and makes the game unplayable.

Yep, it's definitely that I 'suck at FM' that neither Forlan nor Aguero can score a one on one! Maybe I should change my tactics because SI can't be bothered to fix their game?

Maybe you should...because Aguero is scoring for fun for me and has gotten world footballer of the year runner up for 2 times

Yep, it's definitely that I 'suck at FM' that neither Forlan nor Aguero can score a one on one! Maybe I should change my tactics because SI can't be bothered to fix their game?

How about you stop crying and maybe fix the problem that is you. If Aguero or Forlan cant score one on ones, check their composure stat. If it's poor then put them on a training schedule to improve. If that doesnt help, drop them or criticise their performances. It's a managing sim, start thinking like a manager.

How about you stop crying and maybe fix the problem that is you. If Aguero or Forlan cant score one on ones, check their composure stat. If it's poor then put them on a training schedule to improve. If that doesnt help, drop them or criticise their performances. It's a managing sim, start thinking like a manager.

OR instead of criticizing players for something that isn't their fault and potentially upset the whole squad, you could wait for patch 10.3 which should fix the issue.

OR instead of criticizing players for something that isn't their fault and potentially upset the whole squad, you could wait for patch 10.3 which should fix the issue.

Since when was not scoring One on Ones a bug? I'm Rangers at the moment, 4-5-1 formation with Kris Boyd (Composure and finishing 16) as my Target Man. With watching key highlights Kris has finished every single one on one. So.. where is the problem here?

Since when was not scoring One on Ones a bug? I'm Rangers at the moment, 4-5-1 formation with Kris Boyd (Composure and finishing 16) as my Target Man. With watching key highlights Kris has finished every single one on one. So.. where is the problem here?

There is a recognised bug with one on ones from a zero angle (straight on). If your tactics are set to create these kind of chances, you'll not score many of them. Obviously your tactics (like mine) are set in a way that one on ones come angled to the player, hence getting a higher success rate.

When I watch 'Key' highlights I have never seen Kris Boyd squander a one-on-one. He's on a training schedule created by SFraser which has been amended to my team, and he is set up as a Target Man (sometimes poacher). Why don't you stop trying to find flaws and maybe try to find a way to exploit the talent of your players and weakness of opponents.

I've rarely seen Acquafresca or Aguero miss a one-on-one. Shame that can't be said for some other players. Yakubu.. :mad:

Having said that, I don't create that many. Real football doesn't have that many, so if you try and play otherwise (ie. playing very narrow. very long balls and lots of breaking the offside trap) you'd expect to have adverse results at times.

There is a problem with one-on-ones that come about directly through the middle. Despite having an abundance of options even Ronaldo with 20 finishing, 20 composure and 20 off the ball as he was ageing still squandered far too many like this. If he came in at an angle though, where the keeper made it difficult and Ronaldo put it in almost every time.

It should be fixed for 10.3 all being well though. I haven't tried using the throw-in other than when I was playing as Stoke, and it worked quite well, Delap does have 20 for the long throw though. My only complaint is why a team with rigid set up, defensive, deep defensive line, no creative freedom and all set to defend, sees my back 4 sat on the half way line against Samuel Eto'o when I'm 3-2 up with 10 minutes to go in the CL quarter finals.

My only complaint is why a team with rigid set up, defensive, deep defensive line, no creative freedom and all set to defend, sees my back 4 sat on the half way line against Samuel Eto'o when I'm 3-2 up with 10 minutes to go in the CL quarter finals.

Wish I knew too..

Archived