thats what i call very realistic xD nice transfer system

Hi.

Am in the 3rd season of patch 1.1 and playing with ac milan

I was looking for a good right back and hat some good candidates like ivanovic,ramos,adriano and santon.

Each player got the 300% offer of his value and it always got rejected.

So I thought wtf? Especially, Ivanovic having market price of 5.5mill. and being considered as a quite normal rotation player by his team, i offer him 19millions with the option to negotiate, but his team still rejects.

So what i did, was very strange, but i just wanted to test, how the market really works, considering, its my first fm.

Well I have offered him 75million euros, yes million, just to test, how chelsea is going to react.

and the answer ladies and gentlemen i got, was NO. really NO, tried the same with santon, offering him 75 millions and got the same answer.

If you dont believe, i can upload a screenshot.

This is quite absurd, I thought, this game would be the most realistic football manager game in the business and now iam facing such a ridiculous thing

I bet this is a bug, cant be really just a part of the game xD

I share your agony. You will no doubt hear the unrational fanboys erupt into a cry of "but teams dont want to sell". Unfortunately for them there is no viable way of saying that such a bid would be rejected for any of those players. The transfer system has stank for years - be it too hard to sell, or too hard to buy.

@edle in the 2010 version i reckon it seems that it is easier to sell than in 2009 ... maybe the transfer system will improve in the future, i hope

but in general i think that the transfer system isn't that bad but it has some negative aspects

yeah really, and the most ridiculous thing is, no matter, whether it is fabregas or ronaldo, as long as they are listed in the transfer market, you can buy them for pennies.

just an example.

First season, I was looking for a left back and tried everything, to get tremoulinas.

His market price was 2.7 millions, and I went till 22millions and 15% of his next sell.

But it got rejected, than fortunately just one year later, he was listed in the transfer market, and I got him for 900k xD

this hasnt anything to do with realistic.

I MEAN its still a game and cant be 100% realistic, but it should at least have some parts of the real life system.

Look at Manchester with Ronaldo.

SAF did always say, no we are not selling him, no matter what the price is, but at the end, he got offered such a value, that you cant or youre not allowed to say no.

because no matter how good the player is, there is no certain player, who is worth so much money.

imagine irl, chelsea rejects a 75million offer for ivanovic, what would people think about them? Man they would have been regarded as JERKS

well the offer has been made on august 15th.

so was quite a few days for signing a sub

and i noticed it too, that the computer teams get the players for so much less money than an human manager.

they can mostly buy a player for his market price, but i need to bid at least 300% to just get a price, what they imagine xD

Well, as long as it has to be just that one specific player then you may have to spend crazy amounts which basically means the club just doesn't want to sell that guy and only make an exception if the offer is really ridiculous (which yours were).

As long as you just want 'a' quality player for a certain position then you should be able to find someone for a reasonable price. Yet, of course the higher up you are the fewer are the alternatives and the higher the likelihood of getting no one for a decent price.

At least you can use the opposite flaw as well and get rid of every finge player above his value or even for way more with the 1 league appearance fee added.

i wrote above, that it wasnt just this specific player, i tried it on ivanovic and santon, and ramos' offer of 55millions has been rejected too, but i didnt mention him, cause he belongs to the top 3 players irl aswell and was a little bit understandable, that realy rejects such an offer, but couldnt understand it, why ivanovic and santon have been rejected

Hi.

I was looking for a good right back and hat some good candidates like ivanovic,ramos,adriano and santon.

So I thought wtf? Especially, Ivanovic having market price of 5.5mill. and being considered as a quite normal rotation player by his team, i offer him 19millions with the option to negotiate, but his team still rejects.

So what i did, was very strange, but i just wanted to test, how the market really works, considering, its my first fm.

Well I have offered him 75million euros, yes million, just to test, how chelsea is going to react.

and the answer ladies and gentlemen i got, was NO. really NO, tried the same with santon, offering him 75 millions and got the same answer.

This is quite absurd, I thought, this game would be the most realistic football manager game in the business and now iam facing such a ridiculous thing

You do realise that your negotiation skills/style drove the price the AI would accept through the roof?!

If somebody came to me and offered £500 for my car and I said no, then they offered me £700 and said they were open to negotiation I would think "Hmm, let's see how high I can take this - £1000, £2000, £10000???". It wouldn't matter that my car is worth about £3, if I thought I could get some idiot to pay £10000 for it then I would negotiate them all the way up!

The only reason for the AI getting a player cheaper is that it negotiates better. Go back with the same offer, or even a little bit less. If they refuse that then move on to another player.

Hi.

Transfers aren't completed in a day, they take days/weeks/months of negotiation.

Why should the player move to your club?

Why should the other club except your offer?

Would you have excepted the offer if the roles were reversed?

Neither of those reasons provide any justification for rejecting a world record bid for a squad player.

Football clubs are a business too. And you don't think Chelsea have debt?

they are valid reasons. Prior to the messed up situation of present day, do you see Everton selling a player to Liverpool? and why did Man Utd let Tevez go if for no other reason than they didnt have the money. both reasons are valid to reject any offer, even a world record one.

Transfers aren't completed in a day, they take days/weeks/months of negotiation.

Why should the player move to your club?

Why should the other club except your offer?

Would you have excepted the offer if the roles were reversed?

seriously, if i got an offer of 75millions for ivanovic or any other 28 years old rotation player, I would laugh the hell out of me and would deliver him personally with a barrow^^

they are valid reasons. Prior to the messed up situation of present day, do you see Everton selling a player to Liverpool? and why did Man Utd let Tevez go if for no other reason than they didnt have the money. both reasons are valid to reject any offer, even a world record one.

1) If Liverpool offered 75m for Phil Jagielka or Leighton Baines, it would be accepted quicker than you likely ejaculate during intercourse.

2) United made an offer to Tevez, he left because he didn't feel wanted or that he had been treated fairly. And United didn't own the player or have him under contract so he was free to go where he liked.

Would you? What if you thought you could push the price even higher, say £100m?

If he is a rotation player/backup you think anyone would consider pushing it? (its already ridiculous imagining that someone IRL would bid such an ammount for a player like that)

And in this case they apparently rejected right away...

Neither of those reasons provide any justification for rejecting a world record bid for a squad player.

1) If Liverpool offered 75m for Phil Jagielka or Leighton Baines, it would be accepted quicker than you likely ejaculate during intercourse.

2) United made an offer to Tevez, he left because he didn't feel wanted or that he had been treated fairly. And United didn't own the player or have him under contract so he was free to go where he liked.

the fact City offered him more wages and were willing to pay whatever his agent demanded while Utd were not would obviously have nothing to do in that matter, right?

Don't think Liverpool could currently afford 75m...

the fact City offered him more wages and were willing to pay whatever his agent demanded while Utd were not would obviously have nothing to do in that matter, right?

Tevez was always leaving and the reasons weren't financial.

What does this have to do with clubs rejecting bids though? He was never United's player.

Don't think Liverpool could currently afford 75m...

What does that have to do with the point being made?

Santon isn't just a squad player though is he? He's one of the best footballing prospects in the world. Why would you sell him to your biggest rivals?

To you they might not be reasons to reject a player in the real world, but we're not talking about the real world.

xD - that is a face :p
Tevez was always leaving and the reasons weren't financial.

What does this have to do with clubs rejecting bids though? He was never United's player.

What does that have to do with the point being made?

Ok, no sense of humour...

Seriously if Tevez was playing for Utd then he had a contract. I give you anothe example though. Gerrard to Chelsea and theres hundreds of examples in Italian football which I cant remember right now but they even rioted and everything.

Strange. It doesnt look like a face... :)

Haha, I will carry on being off topic :p

Its suppose to be a extremely happy person, like scrunched up eyes and big smile.. Sorta thing. :)

Well, it is kinda used just like it is, xD

Don't think it has its own picture in messenger.

Haha, I will carry on being off topic :p

Its suppose to be a extremely happy person, like scrunched up eyes and big smile.. Sorta thing. :)

If that's the case he need medical attention...and fast.

I never understand transfer arguments... sometimes the arguments against the OP are like WTF? They are no better an argument then then OPs. Maybe the example of Santon is a bad example yeah... but there are loads of players that this could apply to... so its not all player specific.

All i can say in terms of fact is that these prices quoted are kinda ridiculous and considering there are transfer records such as british transfer equalling £32m?(Robinho)

Its ludicrous that Ivanovic offer isn't atleast at the negotiation stage.

In theory many players in the world would be available for £30M, but nobody would pay it unless the player is world class. But i agree the prices for bigger players has risen slightly because of the current situation where Ronaldo moved for £80m which inflates prices somewhat.

I don't know when this will ever get fixed though. 1 Problem on FM is teams accumulate so much income that their balances and transfer budgets get ridiculously high and it obviously means teams pay more because they have more "disposable income"(which gives the selling club even more money). So if they were to sort out the prices, some balance would be needed(first) otherwise you could ammass(sp?) a team of stars with relatively little effort if your getting £50m budgets every transfer window and players were available for anywhere between 0-30M

I don't know when this will ever get fixed though. 1 Problem on FM is teams accumulate so much income that their balances and transfer budgets get ridiculously high and it obviously means teams pay more because they have more "disposable income"(which gives the selling club even more money). So if they were to sort out the prices, some balance would be needed(first) otherwise you could ammass(sp?) a team of stars with relatively little effort if your getting £50m budgets every transfer window and players were available for anywhere between 0-30M

By far the biggest problem is that some human players pay over the odds for players rather than negotiating realistic terms as in real life.

I had a 20 season game on FM09 with all the top divisions loaded and only a handful of transfers were over £30m (My largest was £21m). The highest was approx £38m if I remember correctly.

On FM10 I am playing a save with every league loaded and am in 2013. I'm playing at a lower league but there are only 8 world transfers over £20m (Largest £45.5m).

Thing is... the AI doesn't seem to be able to negotiate with other teams... They seem to get a rough ball-park area and its accepted.

When a player is on my shortlist and the AI bids its mostly 1 bid success and no negotiation. I'd much prefer it if they made 3 or 4 bids to get to that figure to make it feel like we're not the only 1 guessing at prices a team will accept. Or we need more to know that the selling team won't negotiate.

The way the system works has led me to mostly looking at the player search filter and filtering first by inf and then byvalue so i can scroll to the players that are "wnt" and browse them by value and add them to my shortlist as i know they are kind of available because the AI wouldn't be interested otherwise:)

I offered 25 million for a player, rejected. Comp comes along 2 weeks later offers half that its accepted.

I found a promising Ukrainian regen striker called Borysevych, I enquire for him, 1.7M when his value is 1.1M, slightly out of my budget so I withdraw, couple of weeks later Bordeaux offer 750K, it was accepted and he now plays for Bordeaux, BTW I was Celtic

Another time I offered 25m for a player it was rejected then about 2 or 3 weeks later they offer him to me for 5 million. Bargain. Shame I'd spent all my Transfer budget on my second choice target because they didnt want my original 25m.

Had the exact same thing happen with Mancini at Inter. Started at his vallue off 11 then 15 then all the way to 20M max... i Then signed somebody else a week later because i gave up yet with 4 days of the transfer deadline left 2 weeks after i looked on the transfer list and he was suddenly on there "not needed" and available for £5m. I snapped him up...

i later gave up on the save 1 reason being i suddenly felt like i had ruined the squad with too many signings, plus more important factors, but it was still a factor!

What I keep getting is that all the players will only be sold for ridiculous prices. I cant sign anyone a few seasons into the game unless the player gets mad the manger which then I sign him for the market value. Btw wasnt FM10 suppose to have an new transfer market? Seriously, was it even tested? Why dont they just go back to 9.3.0 , it was nowhere near this bad .

@edle in the 2010 version i reckon it seems that it is easier to sell than in 2009 ... maybe the transfer system will improve in the future, i hope

but in general i think that the transfer system isn't that bad but it has some negative aspects

OK, i can take your point on board. It has improved, but what is was before wasnt anything special, and it still hasnt improved to the point where its a realisitic reflection on life. I distinictly remember last year with one patch having people as too hard to sell, and another patch having it as far too easy to sell players for large sums of cash. Always the extremes and nearly the realistic middle ground.

1. Chelsea don't need the money

2. Inter Milan are your rivals

I can only thank you and Cougar for proving my earlier and (correctly) assumptive statement. Rejecting £75m for a squad player, no matter who it is, who you are, when it is, or whether the ducks are sitting in water or flying, should have absolutely no bearing on whether that offer is accepted.

Rejecting £75m for a squad player, no matter who it is, who you are, when it is, or whether the ducks are sitting in water or flying, should have absolutely no bearing on whether that offer is accepted.

This. (10char)

Also, to people using the argument of negotiation: You do realise that throughout the game each player has a constantly revising hidden 'sale value', around which AI managed clubs will accept/decline/negotiate offers for their players. It's not an exact science but it's roughly accurate. In this case what will have happened is Chelsea's financial security + not particularly wanting to sell the player will have resulted in a ridiculously high sale value.

They don't, Chelsea were only in debt to Abramovich and he's effectively written it all off. £75 million for Ivanovic isn't worth the joy of reminding the scousers about his two goals at Anfield, Ivanovic is the King of the Kop.

Every player has a price. Loyalty, happiness, expenses of the team, length left in contract all contribute to the selling price. Ribery at the start of the game has about 100million dollar price tag. Wait a season and it can be anywhere from 15 to 60 usually.

I can only thank you and Cougar for proving my earlier and (correctly) assumptive statement. Rejecting £75m for a squad player, no matter who it is, who you are, when it is, or whether the ducks are sitting in water or flying, should have absolutely no bearing on whether that offer is accepted.

Wrong.

Why would I take 75 million for Ramos when I dont have a guaranteed replacement of the same caliber who also counts as HG? not worth the risk unless I have a good replacement ready to step in.

Why would I take 75 million for Ramos when I dont have a guaranteed replacement of the same caliber who also counts as HG? not worth the risk unless I have a good replacement ready to step in.

We weren't talking about Ramos, that is one of the cases where its very very unlikely he would be allowed to leave Real. But then there has been speculation about him before so i wouldn't be surprised if 1 day he was to leave. Albeit for a good price, and i'm equally sure £75mil would still do it :p

Archived