tv & Prize money from a cup run brokendown

I know you get prize money after say the FA cup has been won by someone & you get tv cash at the start of the season but I think it would be a good idea if this could be broken down as & when it happens

Take a look at this:

http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/FACompetitions/TheFACup/FACupPages/FACupPrizeFund20082009.aspx

It shows you what each team get in prize money for each round. It also shows you how money they receive from television fees if it is on TV, radio etc.

If your cup game was picked for tv then it would be more realistic to get the stated amount straight after the game put into your finances. This would be very beneficial for players playing with lower league teams who have nearly no cash every season.

It has been noted before that the season after Burton & Exeter both played Man Utd in the FA cup they went on to get promotion in to the football league. Just look at Exeter now playing in League 1.

With me been a Leeds fan and seeing that we have been on tv every round so far this year with a couple of replays also on tv, we have made about £2million profit so far, possibly more if we beat Spurs as the next round is going to be on TV as well.

I think that it would be a great addition to FM11 and would make trying to get a good gup run going more enjoyable & start to build for the future. I presume they couldn't include something like this in the next patch???

With me been a Leeds fan and seeing that we have been on tv every round so far this year with a couple of replays also on tv, we have made about £2million profit so far, possibly more if we beat Spurs as the next round is going to be on TV as well.

Where have you got the £2m from?

Does your estimate include ticket sales as well as the prize money?

Where have you got the £2m from?

Does your estimate include ticket sales as well as the prize money?

Sorry, typo, was meant to say £1million. So far we have racked up £576,450 just from tv, radio & prize money. If we beat Spurs that will be anoth £90k.

On top of that, the awaw team gets a large percentage of the gate receipts. Would be greatful if somebody could tell me the exact percentage? We beat Man Utd away which was a 76,000+ sell out plus the 40,000 or whatever Spurs held. Then of course there is the merchandise which will have been sold at the Kettering & the up coming Spurs replay. The Leeds shop has sold tones of the Man Utd game on dvd so I reckon could easily be £1million maybe even more.

Archived