Motivating Network-Games - its so easy

Hello to all and exspecially to the developers, hope they are also reading the posts.

First of all, i want to say thank you for a great game. Its really fun and the best football manager for me since 10 years.

Thanks for a working network functionality. So, what about making the network game more motivating, more fun without major changes. (Hopefully for the next patch)

Why is there a problem with the existing network game?

If i play networkgames, i want to get quick through the game. The end of each season is the goal. It doesn´t matter who is the best at the beginning or after a few matchdays. The King of the networkgame gets the cup - nothing else matters. So its not very motivating, if i need hours of gameplay until i get there. So lets hussle through the game - without loosing control.

At the moment all guys click on proceed and then the game stops 2 ingame-hours later, cause anyone is getting an annoying and less important message. So why don´t we stop the week just for important messages, like all messages where the manager has to reply. That would accelerate the game a lot. Bet a season could be played in half of the time.

Give us a new parameter in the settings like "stop week if...".

And then, every player can choose their own preferences, like "i get an urgent message", "there is the next matchday", "3 days are gone".

Thats it and i bet all network gamers would agree that that would give the game an exorbitant boost of fun.

Next problem. The automatic tv fixture feature is not working properly. Thats the second important point, why networkgames are too slow. Even games at the same day but at different times are not getting sticked together so that all manager matches are at the same time. To solve this problem, there are a lot of ways for the developers.

I would prefer the option, that games from tuesday to thursday can get sticked together and the same for games from friday to sunday. So in networkgames, there are just two days per week with a match for all players.

That could be solved by an automatic, or manually, maybe in a new tab within the fixtures. A list of all future matches of the human players where the server can tick the games which should be in the same tv-show.

Or the automatic version with one matchday on thursday, and one matchday on sunday with all games of the human players.

And that would again accelerate the game so that we again win a lot of time. And a win of time means a win on fun. And that should be the goal of the developers, cause then more guys will buy the game.

Thanks for reading all that and sorry for my bad english, its not my first language.

Have fun with this great game...

Good post :thup:

Welcome to these forums :)

I agree about the network games. I LOVE playing FM via a network and do so every week since 1998. However especially with FM10 I too notice the big difference in the speed of the game which is indeed mainly due to the game pausing way more often than when I'm playing on my own. Every pause somehow seems to make every user feel obliged to do something and hardly ever we all just continue to progress quicker. This alone is the reason why we only manage to get 3 seasons done in one real time year which is really not enough to be worth it. Why sign a 16 year old if you know that you'll move to FM11 before he turns 20? :(

Also the second bit is true.

I would actually like to request an expansion of that feature which would take it even further :thup:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=156435

I know a great work around.

FML.

:p

That's my fear eaxctly :(

With FML being around I'm anxiously hoping the free network game will be supported for more years as well, but if SI want to squeeze money, then my fear is that this mode will not see much work spent on it, if at all it keeps existing...

Sure, it depends on the strategy of the publisher. But i would say CitiesXL is a great example what happens to games which want to squeeze money out of the online gamers.

Another point is that the network functionality is a reason for buying a manager game. So its the chance to be better than the competitors and that means more sold games.

Hello together,

who is playing FM10 via LAN or online?

Is this a less important topic to most players? Cause then, we can let it go down on page 300.

But if there are enough supporters to keep this topic hot, i bet there is a chance to get it implemented. Its our turn. Yet i am not sure if there are enough people interested in a better way of network game.

So i would invite everyone, who really likes the idea of faster online games to say that in this thread, like "i play online", "i do not play online yet, but i would if it is not so slow".

Thanks.

Definately agree with this, me and my mate are always talking about if we could do networks games it would be great but at the min we just do not see the point. Hope they can sort it in future versions because i think alot more people would use online mode if it was worth playing.

Definately agree with this, me and my mate are always talking about if we could do networks games it would be great but at the min we just do not see the point. Hope they can sort it in future versions because i think alot more people would use online mode if it was worth playing.

As long as it's just you and a mate it's still more than worth it :):thup:

I am playing with two other mates and there it starts to become annoyingly slow. But with just 2 guys, go for it! :)

As long as it's just you and a mate it's still more than worth it :):thup:

I am playing with two other mates and there it starts to become annoyingly slow. But with just 2 guys, go for it! :)

Thats what we thought but when we tried it the player who was joining the game was having to wait 10-15 secs everytime they clicked on something.

Thats what we thought but when we tried it the player who was joining the game was having to wait 10-15 secs everytime they clicked on something.

Indeed the lag can be annoying, but if it takes so long for you, there must be something else wrong. In our network game it takes 0.5 seconds when it's wuick and abou 2 when it's slow.

In both cases the lag annoys like HELL!

My guess is that you should look at your network connection speed, especially on the host's side :thup:

The matter with any network game issues is that apparently only few on here care, but those care a lot.

And there is no place where we could post this as in the FM Online Forum posting is pretty much prohibited :(

Just had a look, its pretty much every post... quite funny!

OK we get a lot of people not searching here but down there seems more organised than my C: drive at work! (btw i put everything in a folder tree, all neat and tidy)

Archived