What currency do you use?

Do you stick to what you know, or go with the currency of the country your current club belongs to?

I like to change currency as I change clubs, adds a sense of realism to what I do. Also I can call it learning about other cultures as I play, which means I can justify playing when I should be doing other things :p

I'd love an option to be available for the currencies to change once you manage in another nation. Basically because for the gamer it makes no difference but it would add a little more realism and they could have a convertion done on the news item.

Eg. Buffon moves to Paris for 22m Euros and then the news item saying in brackets how many Pounds.

Also for the interviews and press conferences, it would be cool to have the game initially asking in the country language and then as you learn the language it changes. This is more like what happens irl, you will just send the assistant thereby making your job a little more difficult.

I'm American, but I always change to the pound; I also chance the language to the UK's English (whatever it's called in game) so that I can hear about my players concentrating on their football instead of on their soccer.

I leave measurements in feet and weight in pounds, though, because I can't convert from metric in my head on the fly.

I'm old school. I stick to the pound and change players heights and weights to feet and stone. Thats the only way I can find out I haven't signed a sumo midget.

And Kilometres to miles.

I stick to the pound wherever i am playing due to the fact i can understand better what i am spending/receiving.
I'm old school. I stick to the pound and change players heights and weights to feet and stone. Thats the only way I can find out I haven't signed a sumo midget.

And Kilometres to miles.

exactly what i do

I use the Zimbabwe Dollar, its intense, one of my youth player value quadrupled in value in just 2 days, now THAT is realism.

:D Very funny...

I can't use it though... don't have a wide enough screen for all the zero's :rolleyes:

I prefer £ (pound), back in the old days with CM1 they only had english as languange so slowly i got brainwashed and now i can't understand the true value of a transfer unless its in pound, Euro or SEK (from sweden) doesn't tell me a thing about value on FM anymore lol, same goes to wages, i am so used to the p/w system that it's the only one i use.

No matter if I manage in Europe or Chile I use GBP. The main reason is that the USD changes it's value too much in my country so it's not a solid reference for me, while the GBP is aporx 1000 CLP (Chilean Peso) and that value hasn't changed too much over time. Eventhough the CLP is represented in FM, it's very annoying to see so many zeros.

despite being English I use the Euro, even more oddly I rarely ever manage anyone aside from Arsenal - my logic being most of our deals are with european clubs, and hence are done in euros, so I use the Euro

And Kilometres to miles.

Same here. I have never quite managed to get my head round all these new fangled weights and measurements.

Archived