Potentially-legendary Regen advice

I suppose this really comes under training but please hear me out:

I signed a regen at the age of 17 for Man Utd (he was amazing at the time and I triggered a 23m release clause from Spain) and now at the age of 20 he runs the team. He has 21 goals and 10 assists from midfield in 23 appearances and on a slow day his form is about 7.2. Clearly all is well! (As a side issue I'd love to know how to provide screen shots so if anyone wants to let me know how then by all means post)

My problem is that I've always been successful at Football Manager since the days of Champ Man 01/02 but I have never messed with the murky unknown that is the training schedule. It has never bothered me before but, judging by stats and by form, I have the next Maradona on my hands and if a new training regime would help tune his abilities to the extreme then I would welcome any advice.

Advising will probably be a lot easier once people have screenshots of stats and his career history so like I said, feel free to ask for any info as long as you explain how to do it. I am aware of how to take screenhots for Word etc, but just not for these forums.

I generally use Tugs training, link provided to the relevant thread below, as i find it the best all round training routine. My youth generally develop quite well on these routines.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=159331

With regards to putting up a screenshot you can do it by following these steps.

1. Use the print screen button to copy the picture you require (in this case the regens attributes)

2. open up paijnt and copy the picture to a blank sheet

3. Save the picture on your desktop, or somewhere else on your compture you feel like, as a .jpeg

4. got to a photo hosting website. I use imageshack (http://imageshack.us/)

5. upload the picture to the site you have chosen.

6. Copy the link to that photo

7. post the link on here and your picture should appear in your post like below.

comeback2.th.jpg

I am sure someone else can probably explain it better than i have but this is how i do it.

Thanks! I followed the instructions you gave. The url is below:

http://img109.imageshack.us/i/luiscoll3.png/ (Someone let me know if it works)

Like I said, I don't mess with training. I have been aware of Tug's training for a few weeks and have toyed with the idea but I'm just scared of messing the whole thing up and having a crippled/tired team. Coll has pushed me though because if he is this good without help, I would love to know what he could do with the correct training.

Yes the link worked. That is one awesome regen.

I use Tugs training all the time and can safely say you cant really mess it up. it is pretty simple to set up if you follow the directions. all you really need to do when you have loaded them onto your comp is move players into there respective training areas.

I never bother with training beyond setting up Tugs training so i cant really be of help there.

Thanks! I followed the instructions you gave. The url is below:

http://img109.imageshack.us/i/luiscoll3.png/ (Someone let me know if it works)

Like I said, I don't mess with training. I have been aware of Tug's training for a few weeks and have toyed with the idea but I'm just scared of messing the whole thing up and having a crippled/tired team. Coll has pushed me though because if he is this good without help, I would love to know what he could do with the correct training.

Wow. Youve got quite a player there. Now you can sell him to real madrid :p

I always thought that putting any value at all, rather than just unspecified, hinted at the fact that you COULD sell...

While this may be slightly true, not sure though, if you set it up as something silly then teams are very unlikely to make a bid and you avoid the possibility of your best player being sold over your head by the chairmen.

Amazing regen :thup::)

In FM the training schedule is not related to player improvement though. All a training schedule does is to influence the allocation of gained CA points towards the attributes. Thus if you train defending a lot then these attributes are more likely to increase than the attacking attributes. However, if any attribute increase happens at all, is not influenced by any training schedule.

And from judging by the screenie, I'm afraid this guy must be pretty close to 200CA already so I wouldn't expect a lot more to come and a new training schedule won't help you achieving this anyway :(

Just before you sent that they came in with 55m! I know there's an "accept", "reject" and "negotiate" button, but if there had been a "h£ll no!!!" it would have been pressed. On the last game I made Bojan Man City's all-time league goalscorer and loved him, but Luis Coll is far and away my favourite FM player ever!

hahah they have a habit of doing so. i hope luis didnt start moaning about wanting to go back home

Archived