Quick question about PA

Okay, I'm a new here so don't blame me about my uncertainty..

Anyway, I tried the FMRTE and it left me wonder some thing about players' potential ability. I loaded various saves to check the same players in FMRTE. I noticed that the potential ability for a certain player is always the same, right? So everytime I start a new game those players have the same potential? The dilemma here is that I should then always try to sign those same players with every game? I mean does the game alter players abilities at any rate? Are there any variations, If I sign a player and train him at exactly the same way in two different games, he will reach exactly the same ability (If health, morale etc would not matter in this example)?

1st question: If their potential is a positive number then it is set. If its a negative number then it will vary but be in a particular range i.e. -10 is 180-200 i think...

2nd question: Same as for 1st question

3rd question: It depends on what you wanna accomplish in your current save. It depends on which team you are, the coaches you have the formation your using, the training schedule your using, who you have mentoring the players and so on.

Even if you have 2 saves where your manage the same team, sign the same players, use the same tactics, with the same training schedules, and have em mentored by the same players......even if all these were the same I doubt you would get the exact same results for a specific player in both saves. In the end it all comes down to the results of your matches and I can promise you that they will not be the same in both saves.

Lets take a youngster in your youth squad who is potentially world class (according to your scouts and/or ass. man). Say you decide to give him a run out with the first team....what if he plays horrible in 1 save and plays incredibly in the other? Are you more likely to play him again in former rather than in the latter?

Say he finally is ready to play in the first team regularly.....what if another player suddenly hits superb form? are you gonna put in the youngster ahead of him? What if in the other save that player hits dreadful form? Will you keep the youngster in the bench?

Plus you never know who else in the FM world is watching the youngster and how much they will throw your way to sign him. What if the youngster has been horrible for you in 1 save and has been fantastic in the other? You surely will not react in the same way, even if you are offered the same amount.

There are so many different factors that affect player development in this game and affect this game in general. Ive played this game over the years playing as the same team and generally signing the same players and it has not turned out the same way every time :)

Peace.

Archived