I just paid £73 million for a 27 (about to turn 28) year old Pato

Most likely, yes. No more than 12m on anyone over 30 and that's only if I can sell them on soon after for a slight loss at worst.

Seeing as pato is still 27 on his game then this doesnt come into it.

On topic i would say no as he is a great striker on the game

I wouldn't. Will he really make that much of a difference in your squad? For that to pay off you would either have to sell a ton of shirts which doesn't look like he is that kind of guy and FM doesnt take it into account anyways. Or he makes or breaks every tournament and league for you. Either way anyone else that is cheaper could do the job. Welliton is one.

thats nothing mate i paid 97 million for a 27 year old rooney and he is probably not as good as pato and i dont think im insane because its paid off big time because man utd used to dominate the league they are now 8th which has helped me take there place at the top

Its just a game. :p

Although I did spent 100 mil on 5 players for West Ham, using the 48 month option and I am expecting to go into administration soon.

I just want to get the title before I do! :mad:

My nephew signed a 16 year old regen with stats of 12-14 in most key attribute areas for 14 mil from Tottenham.

I took a look and he only has 137 PA and he already close to full potential. I did laugh a little to myself.

I paid 22 million for a 29 year old Adriano for Stoke! he scored 3 in 27 games, was unsettled the whole time, didnt turn up for training at least 5 times and was sold on a year later for 7 million!

Definately my worst ever purchase, but congrats go to SI.... very realistic to the real life Adriano!

You are not insane at all. Players like Pato make a difference on and off the pitch so the effects on your team will be vital. I just bought a 28 year old Aguero for 60m (min. fee release)and I'm delighted I did. The whole team is playing better(could be imagining this though).

Some ridiculous amounts of money being bashed about in this thread. I felt sick after buying Joaquin for £47m on FM07, don't think I could bare to spend more than that on any player.

Feels tons better when you develop a 17 y/o youngster into a World Class player.

Some ridiculous amounts of money being bashed about in this thread. I felt sick after buying Joaquin for £47m on FM07, don't think I could bare to spend more than that on any player.

Feels tons better when you develop a 17 y/o youngster into a World Class player.

I know what you mean, but I'm only 4 seasons in and there's been no decent enough regen strikers to make that final push into the Champions League spaces. I have 1 regen who starts regularly (CB) and one who plays occasionally (LB) and a few decent midfield prospects, but the strikers so far have been sub par.

I know what you mean, but I'm only 4 seasons in and there's been no decent enough regen strikers to make that final push into the Champions League spaces. I have 1 regen who starts regularly (CB) and one who plays occasionally (LB) and a few decent midfield prospects, but the strikers so far have been sub par.

I've struggled to find good strikers so far too. :( I'm in 2014.

Found great MC and DC, but strikers in particular I've found next to none. Signed my first promising one a few days ago but I have to loan him out cause of 3 non-EU limit.

Hurry up and become Spanish Zezinho. :(

Edit: Even so, I've got 3 quality strikers I've brought in (as well as Aguero who was already here), all for much less than Pato would cost.

I've struggled to find good strikers so far too. :( I'm in 2014.

Found great MC and DC, but strikers in particular I've found next to none. Signed my first promising one a few days ago but I have to loan him out cause of 3 non-EU limit.

Hurry up and become Spanish Zezinho. :(

Edit: Even so, I've got 3 quality strikers I've brought in (as well as Aguero who was already here), all for much less than Pato would cost.

I'm lucky that I've been able to secure Huntelaar, Rooney and Mata, I'm also managing Enghland u21's and the only decent regen striker I have for them has already been snapped up by City :(

I spent 186m on Cristiano Ronaldo as barca this season :eek: Loads of it was bonuses though, the actual upfront fee was 80+40 over 48 months. Contract was also interesting, 215k wages is alot...

He's doing pretty well on the left, better than Messi whos on the right 16 goals and 20 assists in 35 matches isn't a bad return :D

Probably a bit insane, maybe yes. Then again, knowing what the game is like sometimes (well, constantly) making you pay silly money for players who aren't valued highly (eg being asked to pay £10m+ for a £2m player) it's no real surprise.

I was hired by Real Madrid in 2015 and they had an amazing striker regen at the club that I had been wanting to sign for Roma. Well when I arrive at the club I find out they had sold him to Tottenham for £23m. He's only 20 years old and may win World Footballer of the Year. I might just buy him back but he will likely cost £100m

You should see some of the signings I made on FM09! They would accept nothing less for them!!

http://i45.tinypic.com/34z0cae.jpg

you gave Nottingham Forrest 160M pounds! You're keeping them alive for the next few years!

the most i gave 1 club was Man City back in 08, signed Richards for $50M and then Michael Johnson for another $50M in the same year. Still think I got a good deal, both guys became solid players for my world conquering Liverpool side, both got European player of the year and defender and midfielder of the year.

Plus, Man City came along the next year and gave me a total of $90M for Kewell, Mascherano, and a regen who has just come through my academy. Kewell left them after 1 year, Mascherano after 2, and the regen was still there, but not doing anything worthwhile!

you gave Nottingham Forrest 160M pounds! You're keeping them alive for the next few years!

the most i gave 1 club was Man City back in 08, signed Richards for $50M and then Michael Johnson for another $50M in the same year. Still think I got a good deal, both guys became solid players for my world conquering Liverpool side, both got European player of the year and defender and midfielder of the year.

Plus, Man City came along the next year and gave me a total of $90M for Kewell, Mascherano, and a regen who has just come through my academy. Kewell left them after 1 year, Mascherano after 2, and the regen was still there, but not doing anything worthwhile!

£260M yeah lol. I signed Page & Kanu for Forest as youngsters, turned into Wonderkids then signed them both for Arsenal. Probably two of England's best EVER players! I lead Forest to 5th in the Premiership then left them for Arsenal so it's not like they were skint anyway :)

Archived