How to tell a player to not get sent off?

Hi all. Mascherano just got sent off AGAIN, which must be the 4th time this season (and its only January!). I've given him warnings etc, and even fined him once (which made him moan like a girl, so I dropped him which he moaned about too!) but he still cannot seem to stay in control.

Is there anyway I can get him to cool it a bit? I've already tried warning him etc. Thanks!

Fine him for 2 weeks.

Also, is he being carded for harsh tackles or something else? If harsh tackles, you can go to tactics and set his tackling to easy. If it's because of arguing, you can try asking him to adapt his game.

Fining him only makes him sulk for weeks, like I said, I had to drop him last time as he was affecting morale. I could try going easy on tackling, but wouldn't that make him a bit worse in a DM position? And its not really the captain because that keeps swapping between Gerrard, Torres and Carragher, depending on who plays.

I have Vidal & Mascherano in my side and Masch is a saint compared to Vidal. V has argues with ref, 20 aggression, dives into tackles and probably 1 for sportsmanship and temperament... he's usually booked by 20 minutes, at which point I say easy tackling and it's a 50/50 chance he makes it to half time.

Archived