Not a great day to be a goalkeeper... Super keeper myth dispelled?

It doesnt dispel the myth. It just points out the flaws of the engine. Ive had this happen lots of times, sometimes had it happen to both keepers at the same time.

Still doesnt explain some non league keeper with crap stats saving 20+ shots in a match. Theres always too many chances in games, this either leads to superkepers to keep the score normal or results like above.

I just check the prep result and the most saves in a game were 6. Id love to know the last time a team got 20+ shots on target and still lost.

By the looks of it Aston Villa, whilst they didn't have more shots, they did have better chances. The 11 shots on target from Portsmouth could possibly all have been straight at the keeper or rubbish.

Anyway, it's pointless arguing. The "super keeper" bug has already been put down to the fact that CCC are for some reason more than likely to be straight at the keeper as well, giving the illusion that the keeper is fantastic. SI are looking into it.

Who was in goal? From the stats it seems that Villa weren't even the better team.

Stephan Loboue...

Only conceded 4 in his other 5 games... To be fair he was up against Rooney, Huntelaar and Mata.

rooney, huntelaar and mata for villa. I smell FMRTE!

Not a bit of it actually... But I see the faith in mankind is alive and well :rolleyes:.

Mata cost me £35m end of season 2 - spread over 48 months

Huntelaar cost £31m mid season 3 - spread over 48 months

Rooney cost £79m mid season 4 - £39m up front and £40m over 48 months.

Finishing above Man Utd in seasons 2 and 3 (and about to do the same in season 4) does wonders for your reputation, and Valencia and AC Milan were all struggling in their leagues at the time.

It's amazing what you can do with spread payments, yes it damages the club financially in the short term, but it means the club progresses a bit better.

i try not to spend over 48 or 24 months. ive done this a lot in the past and its ended up crippling me so now i try to pay the lot upfront

I know... so far, I've had a gift loan and a chairman investment to bail me out... but the Rooney deal has caused more problems... Luckily though I'm 2 games away for qualifying for the Champions League for the first time, and we all know what kind of TV money that brings... especially considering I've only been getting ~£3m a year from the Europa League... and I wasn't even in that in the second season :o

Still, I've had a few big scoring games in this save... especially this season but the one above is the only time a keepers made 0 saves.

Archived