work permits - quick question

So what would you do?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. So what would you do?

• Sell them
    • Make them wait in the reserves and periodically offer new contracts
    • Send them to the shambolic feeder club in Belgium
    • Keep them and ask the board for a new work permit feeder club
    • Keep them in the reserves listed for loan in the hope a decent club put in a loan offer
    • Something else

Hello one and all,

I am currently managing Villa and have just signed a couple of non EUers that are of good enough quality to be decent rotation players in the premier league. However, they have failed to gain work permits. Now I am wondering what to do with the boys. My only work permit feeder club is in the belgian 3rd division with miserable facilities. If I leave them ineligable in the reserves do they still train with the rest of the chaff milling around there and so will slowly improve or do they remain on a payed holiday in their homelands? Some are from obscure nations and so the rep increase of joing villa will probably be enough to start getting them caps to gain permits but the others are argentinian etc and so stand no chance except by appeal.

What would you do in this situation?

Thanks for taking the time to put this in your eyes

Yep they're 18 so off to belgium for a bit. There is one who's 19 and from guatamala and racking up the caps but I'm not sure of the wp rules. There was that kenyan fella that got turned down irl today because of Kenya's ranking. Does this happen in the game too?

I'm in a similar situation, with a Turkish player who I got on a free 3 years ago. He gained a work permit then, played for me as a decent back-up/sub for 3 years, and was maturing into a great player. Aged 22, I go to offer him a new contract, and suddenly he can't get a work permit? That seems odd to me, considering he's already had a permit with me for the past 3 years, and has played somewhat regularly.

Have sent him on loan to a Polish club, but he'll be 25 by the time he gets back and I have no idea if he'll be worth having by then. Is it worth me periodically offering him a new contract in hope that he'll be given a work permit with one of them?

Archived