"Mexico fans dissapointed by Brazil result"!!!

Im the Mexico manager and in the 2010 world cup I qualified my group, which consisted Russia, Paraguay and South Africa. I finished top by 2 points (W2 D1 L0). I was then drawn Saudi Arabia in the knock out round. Won 1-0 and qualified for the Quarter-finals. I was drawn against the favourites to win the competition Brazil. The bookies heavily favoured Brazil to win the match and go on to win the competition.

We lost 1-0, yet we played well and Brazil dominated the 'possession statistics'. We were expected to lose, maybe by 2 or 3 goals, yet the fans of Mexico are dissapointed. To get to the quarter-finals is a 'good' achievement from my point of view and few days later a 'very good achievement' from the Mexican FA. So how can my fans be dissapointed? Were the expecting my average Mexico with Rafael Marques and Carlos Vela excluded with Injury to reach the Semi-Final of the world cup, Technically the fourth best nation on earth?

I'm kettering 3rd season in the prem, 1st time in the champions league.

I'm 4th seed and played 2nd seed Fc twente away. Drew 1-1. Fans were dissapointed.

Then at the end of the month to rub it in the board tell my they are delighted with my performance as manager but despite the positives are dissapointed with the 1-1 draw away to Fc twente.

We still qualified for the knockouts when they were happy just for me to get to the group stages and they are still moaning about a 1-1 draw when I wasnt the favourites away.

Ungrateful sods.

i think the real word here should be "saddened", not dissapointed. you can't expect them to rejoice at having their team eliminated from the world cup but then again they should acknowledge your efforts on bringing them to the quarter final.

then again it also works both ways. i beat with argentina a very weak chile 5-1 at home for a world cup qualifying match and my fans were overjoyed; and i wouldn't have expected any different.

Try playing as Wolves. Does not matter who you play, when you loose, they're unhappy... Eg. I lost 3-2 again Arsenal away, I was delighted with the showing - and the fans are unhappy... WTF? (This is season 1, btw - not as if we're a major force in EPL)

Think about this from the point of view of us england fans. Tournament after tournament we go out quarters and semis. The manager and the FA come out to say how proud we should be of the lads, yet for us fans its a real wrench whoever we go out to, even if they are brazil! The fans will always be gutted as we base our whole lives around the qualifiers then the tournament. IN FACT, I find at times in FM the fans can be too leniant, my team gets pounded, im livid, tell the players im angry, yet the fans were pleased with the way we played. Its a weird one, v hard to sort out I suppose as the game would need to consider the two nations/clubs statures, improvements you have made to the team, the board/nations perceptions of how you should be doing, its not an exact science I suppose.

And to 5xchampions - Never underestimate the power of the woodcutters!!!!! :)

I'm kettering 3rd season in the prem, 1st time in the champions league.

I'm 4th seed and played 2nd seed Fc twente away. Drew 1-1. Fans were dissapointed.

Then at the end of the month to rub it in the board tell my they are delighted with my performance as manager but despite the positives are dissapointed with the 1-1 draw away to Fc twente.

We still qualified for the knockouts when they were happy just for me to get to the group stages and they are still moaning about a 1-1 draw when I wasnt the favourites away.

Ungrateful sods.

same story with me in the knockout stages aswel and the board are happy how the club grew in stature with me being boss.... but they still go on about the 1 - 1 draw with hamburg away from home... some people cannot be please

whole disappointment comes from performance

i know since i tested.. there been few games where i reloaded same game many times.. cant really recall exact reason.. maybe my game crashed. and i wouldnt get result i had before

anyway..

its something of the.. perform same/better than opposition and loose.. disappointment.. lets say loosing 1 0 to man utd with leeds.. disapointment..

then go on loosing like 3 1 while terribly outperformed.. they will probably be pleased.. i cant recall exact.. but pleased/disappointment was very clear why and how.. just go test few games :)

its not world 1 vs world 50th. what counts.. its 10 shots vs 10.. or 30 vs 1 ..

whole disappointment comes from performance

i know since i tested.. there been few games where i reloaded same game many times.. cant really recall exact reason.. maybe my game crashed. and i wouldnt get result i had before

anyway..

its something of the.. perform same/better than opposition and loose.. disappointment.. lets say loosing 1 0 to man utd with leeds.. disapointment..

then go on loosing like 3 1 while terribly outperformed.. they will probably be pleased.. i cant recall exact.. but pleased/disappointment was very clear why and how.. just go test few games :)

its not world 1 vs world 50th. what counts.. its 10 shots vs 10.. or 30 vs 1 ..

It should be though. If chesterfield get a 1-1 draw away at Man U, there fans wouldnt be dissapointed that Man U managed 30 shots but only scored 1, then chesterfield had 1 shot and it went in. They would be over the moon for days.

I can see them being disappointed. I for one am disappointed with every world cup result, regardless of whether or not USA are playing. :)

But honestly, I hope there's a day when I see Mexico win the world cup, that'd do wonders for their country.

I can see them being disappointed. I for one am disappointed with every world cup result, regardless of whether or not USA are playing. :)

But honestly, I hope there's a day when I see Mexico win the world cup, that'd do wonders for their country.

I'm hoping I'll still be alive to see england win the world cup. I have my doubts.

Its still 6 months away and already the papers are trying to screw it up. Theres still plenty of time to dig up some dirt on cappello or set up some fake sheik meeting to upset the camp or trying to catch the wags on the pull or rooney paying for it.

I'm hoping I'll still be alive to see england win the world cup. I have my doubts.

Its still 6 months away and already the papers are trying to screw it up. Theres still plenty of time to dig up some dirt on cappello or set up some fake sheik meeting to upset the camp or trying to catch the wags on the pull or rooney paying for it.

dont worry, you won´t see that :)

i think the real word here should be "saddened", not dissapointed. you can't expect them to rejoice at having their team eliminated from the world cup but then again they should acknowledge your efforts on bringing them to the quarter final.

then again it also works both ways. i beat with argentina a very weak chile 5-1 at home for a world cup qualifying match and my fans were overjoyed; and i wouldn't have expected any different.

I think a good real-life example would be South Korea in the 2002 World Cup. Sure their fans were disappointed to see their run end but they were overjoyed that they went on as long of a run as they did.

Archived