Regen thread

I've got some questions about regens that I'd really like some answers to, thanks.

1. I'm running Germany, France, Holland, Portugal (top leagues only), Italy, Spain (both with the top two leagues), and England (League 2 to Premiership). In the long term would that produce a decent amount of good regens from your past experience?

2. How much of your annual transfer budget do you spend on these regens?

3. How do you go about finding the best regens?

4. I've played one season, and scouted the big nations under 19's teams, and there are hardly any regens there. Is that to be expected?

1. I think you'd find a lot of very good (potentially world class) regens in your game, so have fun :)

2. Depends, I'm not a fan of spending big, so usually I pay under £10m for a developing player. Or up to £20m for a fully developed World Class player. That's just my preference of course.

3. I usually scour the player search screen in June, July, August, December and January. Searching for players 18 or younger. I also get my scouts covering many regions and competitions.

4. That's not unusual, you have to be very lucky to get worthwhile regens after just one season. :thup:

Thanks a lot mate. Never been one for long save games, so hoping for one here.
Longterm games are the best tbh (my opinion obviously)

And i always send scouts all over the world looking for anyone 17 or under,i also look in the international squads,U21's U19's and so on.

Scouts are generally poor at finding regens, your best bet is to go to the player search and filter all players under 17 or 18, then hold alt and click on 5-15 at a time and specifically tell your scouts who have high stats in judging player potential to scout them. Within a day or so you'll have a good idea on who's worth it.

I usually do this, and try to sign about 5 or so regens a year who have 2.5 or more stars for potential (as Chelsea, so a 2.5 star prospect might be higher if you're a lower club). Most can be obtained for around $1-4 million. Sometimes a club will ask a lot more, and unless the player is 3 stars or more, and I don't have a good youth player at that position, I usually skip them. I'd say I pay about $10-30 million a year on players who are 18 or younger, and because of this my youth and reserve squads usually go undefeated and dominate their groups.

Another good way of finding regens is searching in the U18 (or reserve) squads of teams with good facilities. If you befriend managers of clubs with good facilities (I befriended Martin O'Neil and Mark Hughes), you can usually solidify good regens pretty cheap. Holland usually have good youth players as well, so look out for them.

You will find that a lot of times a regen will escape you for a year or two, and then you'll find him when he is around 18 and with a high value. This is unfortunate, as you'll probably have to pay a good buck for them since they've started showing some of their potential.

As Liverpool i don't ever set out to spend a set amount each year on regens. I spend what i feel i need to on my first team and then used whats leftover if i find regens who are good enough.

I haven't found any regens with a PA of more than 3 stars as rated by my scouts so i generally look for regens with 3 star PA who have at least Reasonable for their weaker foot and good attribute distribution for their position and age.

Also if clubs want a lot of money for a good regen at a young age it might be worth waiting for a bit. I didn't have the money to sign a Turkish AMC who looked really promising but halfway through the season he was in the last 6 months of his contract and he was struggling to negotiate a new contract with his club so i managed to sign him on a free with him joining me at the end of the season after his contract expired.

I've got some questions about regens that I'd really like some answers to, thanks.

1. I'm running Germany, France, Holland, Portugal (top leagues only), Italy, Spain (both with the top two leagues), and England (League 2 to Premiership). In the long term would that produce a decent amount of good regens from your past experience?

4. I've played one season, and scouted the big nations under 19's teams, and there are hardly any regens there. Is that to be expected?

1. IMO yes.

2. ?? How do you answer that, I sign players - it makes no difference to me if they are real or newgens.

3. I use the scouts.

4. Yes, it will take a few seasons.

Don't buy too many newgens, just buy a few and make sure they get playing time. In the past I have bought so many and all they sucked since they didnt play

That's why you raise them in your reserves/youth and get them playing time there, and when they build their skills up you can loan them out if players are 'pushing up' on them from the youth squad.

In my experience, buying regens is always the way to go. I fill my U18 with as many as I can get, cheaply, and 90% of them grow in value over the next couple years, very few actually turn out to be poor. At that point they are valid candidates for loan (which can get money), selling (which is usually for profit, plus including a 50% of next sale can yield a lot on some players), or even first team, in many cases.

In addition, they virtually spend their entire career at the club (if you keep them) so they are homegrown, and they are raised to play with players of similar age, and can be tutored..just all in all a good deal, and a lot more fun than buying superstars from other clubs.

I got a £58million pound budget for my team (already full ofamazing regens) so I isn't need to strengthen anywhere so I spend this

money on 27 regens in one window. 9 from England, 7 from Spain, 5 from Germany, 2 from Brazil, 1 From Poland, 1 from Senegal and 2 from France.

In 6 years my team will be amazing

Scouts are generally poor at finding regens, your best bet is to go to the player search and filter all players under 17 or 18, then hold alt and click on 5-15 at a time and specifically tell your scouts who have high stats in judging player potential to scout them. Within a day or so you'll have a good idea on who's worth it.

I didnt realise you could select them like that for scouting them, what an idiot i am haha

1. Yes

2. 0 euro. I always ask to invest in the youth-accademy. Currently i've got 5 world class regens (international at 17, bids from all the major clubs) and loads of players who are good enough to play in my league.

3. Assistant reports

4. Yes.

Archived