Fat Boy Frank

How over rated is fat boy frank lampard on this game, he has just scored 7 goals past my man united team, all of them being from outside the box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes because he is such a good player he can do this cof not cof! oh my god this one little fixture has put me off fm forever.. or maybe tomorrow morning when i wake up icon_razz.gif

If anyone dis agree's with me then let me no, because he has got to be the most over rated englishman around!

How over rated is fat boy frank lampard on this game, he has just scored 7 goals past my man united team, all of them being from outside the box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes because he is such a good player he can do this cof not cof! oh my god this one little fixture has put me off fm forever.. or maybe tomorrow morning when i wake up icon_razz.gif

If anyone dis agree's with me then let me no, because he has got to be the most over rated englishman around!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShaunO1:

He is overrated but then so is stevie-Me and practically all eglish players </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

where is egland? lol icon_biggrin.gif

know what you mean though. english players are always billed as the next best thing since sliced bread and all that

A) he just put 4 past a team in real life.

B) you have to give him special attention in FM. Don't know why - yes, he's overrated on the game - but you do. In fact, when any player puts a couple past you early on (I'm assuming he got a couple of early goals) you need to change your tactics accordingly.

Whenever I play Chelsea, Lampard seems to play immediately behind the striker and has some sort of free role in which he becomes a magician or straight-up wizard. I find marking him tightly with hard tackling helps negate his witchcraft (not man-marking, tho - he exploits that).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by backpackant:

A) he just put 4 past a team in real life.

B) you have to give him special attention in FM. Don't know why - yes, he's overrated on the game - but you do. In fact, when any player puts a couple past you early on (I'm assuming he got a couple of early goals) you need to change your tactics accordingly.

Whenever I play Chelsea, Lampard seems to play immediately behind the striker and has some sort of free role in which he becomes a magician or straight-up wizard. I find marking him tightly with hard tackling helps negate his witchcraft (not man-marking, tho - he exploits that). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A)He just put 4 past Derby, not Manchester United. So it's not a very fair comparison is it?

B)Does this imply a bias in the researchers? They like him because he scores tap-ins, therefore he gets better stats than he deserves...? And if he can be overrated in FM, there's no saying who else might be too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Derby or not it's still FOUR goals from midfield.

The likes of Ronaldo, Torres, Adebayor, Rooney, Berbatov etc have all played Derby and none of them have got four goals.

When he's bad, he's bloody woeful, but when he's on form he is an utterly fantastic player.

Oh and btw, he's not fat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your right Frank Lampard would be a world class player ....In the championship. Its a shame that he has been anonymous for the last 3 years at international level but I suppose thats what you fet from a flat track bully.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShaunO1:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Derby or not it's still FOUR goals from midfield.

The likes of Ronaldo, Torres, Adebayor, Rooney, Berbatov etc have all played Derby and none of them have got four goals.

When he's bad, he's bloody woeful, but when he's on form he is an utterly fantastic player.

Your right Frank Lampard would be a world class player ....In the championship. Its a shame that he has been anonymous for the last 3 years at international level but I suppose thats what you fet from a flat track bully. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Three years ago was 2005, a year where Lampard was voted England Fans Player of the Year.

Was that the vintage year the featured amazing matches against the like of Azerbaijan managed (a stunning 2-0 win after drawing at half time) (Wales 1-0 pounding)and Northern Ireland(lost 1-0). what a great year that was. Good job we have the big game players like frank lampard who can raise the game when needed)

its not just frank lampard, every english player involved in the apauling euro qualifers does not deserve to wear the shirt again....

No wonder the prem is filled with foreigners, its because english footballers reach championsip standard only, the reason??? because when Brazilians etc are training hard at the ages of 14-18 to get themselves good, the young english players are out on the drink and clubbing night in night out.

Your right Frank Lampard would be a world class player ....In the championship. Its a shame that he has been anonymous for the last 3 years at international level but I suppose thats what you fet from a flat track bully. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

During which time, Gerrard, Rooney, Owen and co have simply shone, carrying Frank through.

Oh wait, that's not right is it? They've all been crap.

I'm with Ched. This is just an awful thread. And I really don't see why the original poster had to be so rude about Lampard. He's far from my favourite player, but on a forum about FM, the whole 'Fat Frank' thing is plainly pathetic.

Archived