Monster teams ruin career games

Hello everybody.

Is it just me or are the big clubs in FM sometimes very superior? It happens a little bit in the first couple of seasons, but in the future it is madness! I have played about 15 seasons in one of my savegames where I have loaded 10 leagues from 10 nations. In many of the leagues there are one or maybe TWO monstor teams - they simply end up with 90-100(+) points each season! I have myself managed to get 105 points and 128 goals in 38 matches! To win one of the five biggest leagues in Europe you have to have at least 90-95 points... What is this, are you kidding me???

I think it is ridiculous and because of this I have now a FM-break.

What do you people say??? I would post some screenshots if I wasn't at work...

Are you talking about leagues on full detail?

This is known to happen in leagues in which you are playing yourself, but in other leagues figures are often normal.

Which nations are you playing? In some the kind of figures you describe is unfortunately pretty realistic :(

I'll be able to post some screenies when I get home, I have a big holiday game running for about 200 seasons now, so I will be able to prove that you are right or wrong :) Lot of teams that are small in 2009 won the Champion's League (MK Dons, Mantova, Cardiff ...) so I'm pretty sure you're mistaken :) I know that Inter is by far the richest team in game wher I am now, but they didn't qualify for a Europe for a while, so rich doesn't mean big success as well.

Monster teams (Arsenal / Man Utd / Liverpool / Chelsea) are totally (Porto / Benfica / Sporting) unrealistic (AC Milan / Inter / Juve ) and shouldn't be (Real / Barca) allowed to exist.

I think he meant more like when a club wins (Lyon) year in and year out nearly undefeated for like a decade.

well with my save game which has been running for 10 seasons the top 6 sides in england are

newcastle(me), manu, mancity, arsenal, spurs and chelsea. liverpool were up there but missed out on europe so were forced to sell torres and gerrard for 10m in total (were also given a 9 point deduction in the league).

ive won the league the last 4 seasons and have only ever gained 80-85 points in each season

In my save, it's City and Liverpool who dominate, Tottenham finished second in season 2 and 3 but are currently mid table as the end of season 4 approaches. Man U have had a rocky couple of years but are challenging with, me (Villa), Arsenal and Chelsea for the remaining 2 Champions League spots.

To be fair though, IRL teams will have good spells and then it all goes wrong. It just happens.

If you think about real life

Leeds dominated the 70's

Liverpool dominated the 80's

Unfortuantly Man utd have pretty much dominated the last 20 years.

So it does happen IRL and yes a team can dramaticly collapse, Nottingham Forest and Oxford are prime examples.

However the reverse is far more difficult without serious investment these days, i don't think we will see another rags to riches like Wimbledon.

Hi again, I am not talking about big teams from the year 2010. I am talking about the team that wins that league title in the future (2015-?).

For example when I managed Arsenal, Genoa won Serie A five times - every time with more than 90 points! And two or three times they scored 90 goals or more. In Spain it is normal that the top teams (Real Madrid and Barcelona) score more than 100 goals per season.

By the way I run only the top league from each country... Could this be the reason?

But, if there is big teams now why wont there be in the future? Just because Genoa aren't good now doesnt mean they wont be soon, look at Leeds, dominated the 70s now look at them, Man Utd were in the Second Division at points, now look at them, things changed.

Also Lyon won the league what 9 years in a row? Shows its possible

If you think about real life

Leeds dominated the 70's

Liverpool dominated the 80's

Unfortuantly Man utd have pretty much dominated the last 20 years.

So it does happen IRL and yes a team can dramaticly collapse, Nottingham Forest and Oxford are prime examples.

However the reverse is far more difficult without serious investment these days, i don't think we will see another rags to riches like Wimbledon.

Leeds dominated the 70's?????

They won one title! Throw in a UEFA Cup, and an F.A Cup, and that was their honours roll.

Derby won 2 titles in the 70's, so dominated more.

Nottingham F****t won a title, a European Cup (Champions League), plus another in the 79/80 season, and 2 League Cups in the 70's.

Liverpool won 4 titles (plus another in the 79/80 season), 2 European Cups, 2 UEFA Cups and 1 F.A Cup in the 70's.

Whoever has been telling you Leeds dominated the 70's has been telling you porkies!

Archived