moving saved game from old pc to new pc

hi,

sorry if this is in the wrong forum but i've had a look through a few and can't find an answer. my dell xps recently blew up (never buy a dell, rubbish machines and even worse customer service) so i've had to buy a new laptop. is there anyway of transferring my saved fm games from my portable hard drive to my new laptop?

thanks in advance

jamie

hi,

sorry if this is in the wrong forum but i've had a look through a few and can't find an answer. my dell xps recently blew up (never buy a dell, rubbish machines and even worse customer service) so i've had to buy a new laptop. is there anyway of transferring my saved fm games from my portable hard drive to my new laptop?

thanks in advance

jamie

I'm pretty certain you cant do this. I'm sorry but you will probably have to start a new game.

1. install the game on your laptop.

2. patch up to whatever version you was playing previously

3. locate the folder, My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/games

4. copy your save from your portable drive into this folder

5. load up FM and find your game as normal

Hope this helps

3. locate the folder, My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/games

Hope this helps

I too don't see why this shouldn't work :):thup:

You should be able to move your saves to any machine like any .doc or.pdf file too, as long as the game is on the same patch version on each machine.

The only thing I could think about is some bit of the copy protection being incorporated in the save file, but I wouldn't understand why...

Hope this helps

Never had a problem doing it this way.

I swap games all the time between my desktop & laptop computers with out a problem as long as they are both on the same patch version

Never had a problem doing it this way.

I swap games all the time between my desktop & laptop computers with out a problem as long as they are both on the same patch version

Same, play at home on big pc, next morning copy the game to laptop to play at work ;)

I did it a few weeks ago and it worked fine.

- Burned the *.fm savegame files and any tactics files I had created onto a CD.

- Got the new PC up and running, installed FM2010 and patched.

- Copied the files back into the appropriate folders and job done.

FM has always been very good in this respect as the savegame files are standalone and don't need loads of other bits and pieces to be copied over.

Archived