Difference between FA's "Home-grown player" & UEFA's "association-trained player"?

Guess everybody here knows that from the 2010-2011 seaon, at least 8 "Home-grown player" must be registered for EPL teams.

But is there any differece between FA's "Home-grown player" & UEFA's "association-trained player" for FM? (both called "Trained in nation in FM")

Here I found a definition of Home-grown player from EPL's official web site (Home-grown quota for Premier League):

2uptgdw.png

UEFA's "association-trained player" (Regulations of the UEFA Champions League 2009-2010):

2ajxffd.png

Here I can see several differences:

1. In FA's definition, player trained by Welsh clubs will be regarded as home-grown if he transfered to any English side, but according to UEFA's definition, he won't. Welsh FA & English FA are definitely two differnt associations accordin to UEFA.

Anyway, let's just ignore this in FM, there is no "FA", and clubs like Cardiff city, Swansea are regarded as English clubs.

2. UEFA's definition got a min age limitation, but FA's don't.

Could be ingored again, no player under 15 exists in FM's database

3. Max age to gain "Trained in nation" status. FA's definitions is quite clear, one must be registered for 36 months or 3 entire seasons at any English or Welsh club(s) prior to his 21st birthday(or the end of the Season during which he turns 21) to gain "Home-grown" status, while I am not sure of EUFA's, which says "blabla ... 21 (or the end of the season during which the player turns 21) ... blabla

Is this 21 means "prior to his 21st birthday"?

BTW, I have checked the data editor, there is no separate fileds for FA's "Home-grown player" & UEFA's "association-trained player", but only a unified "Trained in nation" field.

21kxcnp.png

I dont think there is any difference, at least on the game, i think they have just worded the explanation in a different way.

So, you mean "between the age of 15 to 21" is simply same as "15 < age < 21" in English?

Sorry for this silly wording questions :D (As my location indicates, English is not my native )

Archived