New stadium cost?

I am playing with a small italian club that has a stadium capacity of 5000 in a stadium owned by the club. I started in the lowest italian division but has now advanced to serie B, so I will soon need an expansion of this stadium. The problem is that the city will not allow expansion of the stadium, and therefore the club would have to build a new stadium to get a higher capacity. I've read somewhere that you need a lot of money to build a new stadium, but I haven't seen any apecific figures. So, what are your experiences? How much does a new stadium cost?

It's expensive allright. I only have a 2,500 stadium so far. But the board agreed to building a 9,200 stadium. It's still not a lot, and I reckon they will build something bigger in your case. But my stadium cost 7.75 million pounds. A very hefty sum in other words. I just hope it's possibly to expand that one a fair bit...

It's expensive allright. I only have a 2,500 stadium so far. But the board agreed to building a 9,200 stadium. It's still not a lot, and I reckon they will build something bigger in your case. But my stadium cost 7.75 million pounds. A very hefty sum in other words. I just hope it's possibly to expand that one a fair bit...

S**t that's a lot. The current balance in my club is approx 5.5 mill. pounds so I guess I'll have to wait a while before I can get a 20.000+ stadium. Not easy to get a profit in the serie b with a 5.000-stadium wihtout having to sell you top players!

The club might take out a loan to help finance a new stadium and sometimes the naming rights are sold too to help with money. You might even sell your old stadium for some money too, there are a few ways to come up with money that you cannot influence.

/JB

No worry about that really. I had 300K or so. The board just took up a massive loan. Paying out the nose for it now, but will do us a world of good when the thing is built. With that kinda money there is a real possibility they will build. Just ask and cross your fingers. If it happens they say it during the summer I think. At least they did with me.

No worry about that really. I had 300K or so. The board just took up a massive loan. Paying out the nose for it now, but will do us a world of good when the thing is built. With that kinda money there is a real possibility they will build. Just ask and cross your fingers. If it happens they say it during the summer I think. At least they did with me.

So, what you say is that I need to keep asking for a stadium expansion although it is not really an expansion? Because I cannot ask for a new stadium, can I?

If you keep seeling out your stadium and are strong finacially they will build one. Try to keep 5+ million in the bank for a couple of seasons.

I never asked for an expansion they just built a new one anyway. They just put another 8,000 seats in for a whopping 10mil. They must be fantastic seats.

Aye, there isn't anything you can do besides asking them, selling out seats and having money in the bank. It's up to the board to make the decision. With that much money, tho, it is certainly possible. They usually take a loan anyway, as it would be a bit silly to splash all the cash of the club.

I waited 23 years to get a new stadium built mainly because I didn't have enough money in the bank. After a lot of nagging, they decided to build a new one.

It will take a year to build it, which I think is very fast for a 80,000 seat stadium... I'm not complaining but I really don't want to get hit by it! :p

I waited 23 years to get a new stadium built mainly because I didn't have enough money in the bank. After a lot of nagging, they decided to build a new one.

It will take a year to build it, which I think is very fast for a 80,000 seat stadium... I'm not complaining but I really don't want to get hit by it! :p

Please let us know the price-tag of this stadium! And how much money did you have in the bank when the board decided to built it?

Please let us know the price-tag of this stadium! And how much money did you have in the bank when the board decided to built it?

I had £105mill in the bank at the end of the season after making £85mill of player sales. The cost of the stadium was £362mill. He board loaned £164mill so now I have to pay £1,5 per month for 15 years

I had £105mill in the bank at the end of the season after making £85mill of player sales. The cost of the stadium was £362mill. He board loaned £164mill so now I have to pay £1,5 per month for 15 years

Holy hump! And this only took one year?! Mine is taking two years to complete, and it's only a 9,186-capacity stadium :(

They must have taken the cheapest offer and the lazy bastewrds aren't bothering to show up to do the job.... :D

I myself am in the process of having a new 101,556 stadium built. I think I had about 50M (roughly) in the bank, maybe less.

All up the project I think was set to cost 450M (again this is roughly). Club took a 230M loan which is being paid off with 875k installments for 30 years and the rest is from the sale of the old stadium once we move.

Holy hump! And this only took one year?! Mine is taking two years to complete, and it's only a 9,186-capacity stadium :(

They must have taken the cheapest offer and the lazy bastewrds aren't bothering to show up to do the job.... :D

:) My second guess is that in 2032 they have robots to do the job! I was reading the news at the end of the season when I read something like "The board announces plans for new stadium (...) 79,675 seats, retractile roof, under soil heating (...) price and it will be ready in June 26th 2033".

I got to say that I'm pleased and I can't wait to play there. The only thing that worries me is that I'm in November and my balance is lowering at a fast pace. I rejected a £65m offer for my winger in the summer and now I'm having second thoughts on whether I should have sold him or not. He is world class and he only cost £5m. To make things better, there are no more wingers of his quality at his age (24)... However, he has been performing very well so I guess I made the right choice.

I raised 70m and still no stadium, even though i dont own mine its rented. Now i've won the premiership and still no luck and the council refuses to upgrade my current one, is this just because Nottingham is ****?

It's quite random. For example, I had £105m in the bank while stevros had about £50m.

I had a balance of £40m-£60m for two seasons and a stadium wasn't built.

I'm managing Liverpool, we're now in 2013. We've had ok finances, not too good or too bad, basically earning £2m-20m each year for the last 4 years. I've always spent 100% of the available transfer money. In 2012-2013 we finally won the league. Last summer (2013) the board announced that building of a new stadium was underway. It'll take around one year to build, will have room for 58000 people, and will cost around £250m. We had to get a new loan - think it was for around £150m. The rest was covered by new marketing deals and the selling of Anfield. I'm happy that despite our average economy the Board still pushed the building through. :)

Mr. Purslow took over the club back in August 2013. He hasn't done much, except for cancelling a couple club links. Hopefully he'll have a plan for reducing our loans - each month we pay around £5m on loan payments.

has anyone seen newcastle get a new stadium, im now in 2014-15 season i ive won the league 3 seasons running also filling my stadium of 60000. i need a new stadium to take the club to the next level to become as big as madrid and barca.

my next challenge is to win the champions league but for some reason i have terrible luck when i play in europe. like the last 2 semi's i lost because in both legs ive had players sent off.

I raised 70m and still no stadium, even though i dont own mine its rented. Now i've won the premiership and still no luck and the council refuses to upgrade my current one, is this just because Nottingham is ****?

im from notts and took offence at that comment!! no seriously if your forest you have no room to expand but if your notts(my team)they should improve the stadium okay.

has anyone seen newcastle get a new stadium, im now in 2014-15 season i ive won the league 3 seasons running also filling my stadium of 60000. i need a new stadium to take the club to the next level to become as big as madrid and barca.

my next challenge is to win the champions league but for some reason i have terrible luck when i play in europe. like the last 2 semi's i lost because in both legs ive had players sent off.

I'm in 2029 at the moment, they have been in PL for all but about 3 seasons but never been a force just stuck around and have yet to build a new stadium there. Hope that helps you a little bit.

I think a great addition rather than saying the board decline the request for a new stadium or the council blocks it, rather to suggest how much they would need for a new stadium and if this is reached then we get a stadium as long as fan numbers and other factors are attained.

Eg. The board inform you that they would need 270million to match the cost of building a new stadium.

I'm a Belgian team, Kv Kortrijk. After winning 6 titles, 5 cups and the Champions Leaugue i finally get a new 20 000-seat stadium to replace the 9 000-seat stadium. I've only got 20 million euros in the bank, but the board took a loan for the new stadium + a sponsporship deal.

The loan is about 30 million euro... .

Unfortunately, the stadium is currently delayed for about 6-months...

Am I safe in assuming that a Chairman's hidden attributes (business sense, resources, ambition, etc.) have an effect on how they compute the requirements for a new stadium?

I think it does. My former Chairman even didn't want to expand the stadium, even though it was always filled up.

My new chairman, a tycoon, immediately expanded the stadium a few times and then decided to build a new one.

Archived