Major Pros and Cons

1. People say defence is leaky. yes i once thought the same. but once you get your defence and mid feild on point and your team has been playing together for a while you will be unbeatable. my best goals conceded was 23 for the season and usual dont conceed more that 28 goals a season. so yes it may be leaky but if you get yout tactics spot on, have the right players, and they have played together for a while you shouldnt have any problems

2. As you play on it goes from being too hard to waaaay too easy . im in my 13th season didnt lose in the premiership for 64 games have won it all but once or twice. the big clubs dont seem to buy big players and as time goes by their first team line ups just get weaker and weaker. it got to a point i didnt care what side i put on the pitch or changing to defensive tactics when i was 1 nil up because my team was just so good and a draw wouldnt really affect me.

Your point number 2 is my single biggest bug-bear with the game. Like many users, I like to do a career save lasting up to 20 seasons, just to see how far I can get. Yet this very important part of the game is essentially broken. And it has been for a few versions.

AI transfer ability and squad sense possibly worked best with the fully patched version of FM07 but it seems to have gone downhill again since. I find this really really frustrating, because otherwise I think the game is pretty much perfection. Yet this one glaring fault renders the single most important of the game (to me) unplayable.

If there was some confirmation that this was at least being looked for patch 10.3 it would restore my faith somewhat and I'd start playing again. Otherwise the game is going to remain on the shelf and I'll consider very carefully next time around whether I'll even bother buying it at all.

I'm a person that doesn't have a lot of free time, so the time I put into this game I like to know isn't wasted. At the moment it is, as by the time I get to 10 seasons into the game I'll be the only squad in the division with a decent looking squad - with a blend of youth and experience and a decent set of reserves.

Please say you'll at least look into this SI?!?

daveduerson, I think there is a logical explanation for this:

1) long term AI development takes more time to test and develop

2) large number of customers doesn't really care, because they are wether rushing through games so fast that they get bored before year 2015 or then play so slow that when the problem starts to bother their game experience, they can already buy a new version of FM.

In my experience, defence isn't leaky only later in the game when you have best players anyway. Point #2 is very true. Any human manager is always far superior in the transfer market to any AI team so if you remain at any club long enough it's only a matter of time before you win everything. It would be nice if there would be some challenge later in the game because right now when you start at a small lower league club and work your way up, by the time you're managing a top team all AI squads are siginificantly weaker and easy to beat.

2. As you play on it goes from being too hard to waaaay too easy . im in my 13th season didnt lose in the premiership for 64 games have won it all but once or twice. the big clubs dont seem to buy big players and as time goes by their first team line ups just get weaker and weaker. it got to a point i didnt care what side i put on the pitch or changing to defensive tactics when i was 1 nil up because my team was just so good and a draw wouldnt really affect me.

How do you play the game? I find that people who use every unrealistic loophole in the game do really well.

I never understood people who complains its either too hard or too easy. Set your own personal rules and you can make the game as easy or hard as you want to. I personally never use the Well-Known Player Search function to find talent. I always rely on multiple scouting reports (and trials for free transfers) before signing players to deal. I use vanilla tactics that don't exploit miscues in the game engine but as the same time are quite fair. I don't abuse friendlies to boost finances.

I do this starting at the lowel league levels and I find the game is very fair. I struggle at times but when I get fortunate with my scouts and they find a couple gems, I can put a nice run together for a couple years, until they want a wage boost and then I have to rebuild and struggle a little more (sometimes getting sacked).

Check my career updates thread. I'm in 2015 and this'll be the 7th year I'm stuck in the Brazilian Third division.

How do you play the game? I find that people who use every unrealistic loophole in the game do really well.

I never understood people who complains its either too hard or too easy. Set your own personal rules and you can make the game as easy or hard as you want to. I personally never use the Well-Known Player Search function to find talent. I always rely on multiple scouting reports (and trials for free transfers) before signing players to deal. I use vanilla tactics that don't exploit miscues in the game engine but as the same time are quite fair. I don't abuse friendlies to boost finances.

I do this starting at the lowel league levels and I find the game is very fair. I struggle at times but when I get fortunate with my scouts and they find a couple gems, I can put a nice run together for a couple years, until they want a wage boost and then I have to rebuild and struggle a little more (sometimes getting sacked).

Check my career updates thread. I'm in 2015 and this'll be the 7th year I'm stuck in the Brazilian Third division.

You don't really have to use any loopholes at all in order for the game to become very easy. AI are simply not very good at building squads and when you add regen problems to that, you end up with weak and imbalanced squads for all top teams. Take jumping for example. The majority of regen centre backs in my game just plan suck at jumping. Plenty of top teams have at least one CB with jumping like 5 which can be exploited tactically. Unless you consider things like that a loophole too. Using only default tactics as to not to exploit any opponent weaknesses doesn't sound very fun personally.

In the championship I couldnt stop leaking goals, lots of game were 4-3, when I got promoted to the Prem scores were more 2-0, 3-1's and even some 0,0.s.

The prem seems easier than the championship. Not sure if that was because I didnt bother signing any new players so the squad was more gelled or I started using team talks better.

One possibility was when I got promoted my staff told me I had the youngest team in the league. Most of the prem teams had kept hold of the same players for 12 plus years. Players who were young when the game started and hadnt retired were 35 and still playing for the same clubs. Because keepers retire later most teams still had the same keeper they started with.

Abusive and negative is abusive and negative. And you lead the league in these posts.

Did you even read the thread I linked you to?

And if you think this:

What's your point?

Have you any new information to offer?

Is abusive, then you need to get in touch with the world a bit more.

Actually, I was responding more to your body of work and your reflexive defense of any attack directed at SI. You are not helping.

So I take it you haven't read the thread then?

Tbf, you have no more right to comment on my posting standard if you haven't read them all, as I do to go out and murder someone.

Come back when you've read all my posts. :thup:

The prem seems easier than the championship. Not sure if that was because I didnt bother signing any new players so the squad was more gelled or I started using team talks better.

The more I've played this game the more I've realized that squad stability is very important. I think its a bad idea to bring more than than 3 players into your First 11 during summer break, even if you're promoted.

I'm in my 6th season, and I've signed enough Free Agents to field a second team which could easily get a spot in the top half of the table...

Basically the AI clubs either sign aging players with high reputation, regardless of their actual ability, or rather poor youngsters, who'll usually get released when the contract runs out.

AI clubs lack a "project"... It's indeed slightly better than FM09 when clubs splashed huge amounts of money on the 5th top class striker, only to give him away for peanuts when he was unhappy about the lack of football there, but still there's a loooong way to go in the transfer dept.

The challenge of a mid-term career is pretty much gone, when all you need is signing top players on Bosman and pillaging the Free Agents List for good rotation players.

i find it a struggle to believe how badly the top clubs buy. take the season i just had in 2015 and of the supposed big 4 man utd came 4th, chelsea 7th, arsenal 8th and liverpool 11th. im sure they would buy better players than they have on the game. the only 2 clubs now that are hard to beat are aston villa and man city. the difficulty of the premier league has gone down which is a shame in my POV.

Your scouts found a who squad of quality free transfers?

Actually I did :D

I just looked for players whose contract was running out in 3 months [no need to "stalk" them, AI rarely bother with expiring contracts anyway] and signed those I found more interesting.

Then when I was looking for free youngsters I literally stumbled upon many "big names"... Actually I thought they were newgens with the same name of the real players, because I couldn't believe the real ones had been released and left rotting on free transfer.

Every given season I sign something like 5 free agents who are good enough to be rotation players in my team, and who would have no problem being Starting Eleven material anywhere else in the league.

I kid you not, I could totally sell my Starting Eleven and still achieve a respectable table finish with my Free Agents FC

Actually I did :D

I just looked for players whose contract was running out in 3 months [no need to "stalk" them, AI rarely bother with expiring contracts anyway] and signed those I found more interesting.

Then when I was looking for free youngsters I literally stumbled upon many "big names"... Actually I thought they were newgens with the same name of the real players, because I couldn't believe the real ones had been released and left rotting on free transfer.

Every given season I sign something like 5 free agents who are good enough to be rotation players in my team, and who would have no problem being Starting Eleven material anywhere else in the league.

I kid you not, I could totally sell my Starting Eleven and still achieve a respectable table finish with my Free Agents FC

Well that's the point of one of my previous posts here. The game is easy if you're constantly scouring the player searches for bargains. That's one of the unrealistic FM loopholes that most people exploit and then claim the game is "too easy".

I rely entirely on my scouts to build my team. If they aren't finding decent players (and my assistants arent recommending any good ones), it becomes a decent challenge.

Do that and don't use super tactics and the game becomes FUN!!!!

But the point is I wasn't hunting high and low for bargains!

I just was running through the Free Transfer list and spotted some (relatively) big names, HG ones to make it even better... What was I supposed to do, leave them where they were?

Does the game now require me to act blind or to purposely sabotage myself in order to keep it moderately challenging? :)

P.S. Besides, even the flawed and "narrow-sighted" scouting system managed to report about most of those players, as they are famous enough to be found by any incomptent.

I'm speaking of players even a casual fan has heard of... not of obscure prospects or of awesome Laotian newgen found via FM Genie.

P. P. S. to put that into perspective, just imagine you managing ManU and being able to sign for free former Everton, Villa or Spurs first-team players.

Sure you won't win CL with them, but the rotation/bench part of the club is more than covered for £ 0.

even in the first season ive noticed man city buying 32 year olds for £20m+

i cant think of a bigger problem than this in the game, as a 'career manager' who starts in the lower leagues it makes the journey totally pointless when you finally make it into the prem and there are no quality sides to conquer

its a bit of a **** take that the game keeps getting released with this fault really - its why i get my copy off ebay these days

Well that's the point of one of my previous posts here. The game is easy if you're constantly scouring the player searches for bargains. That's one of the unrealistic FM loopholes that most people exploit and then claim the game is "too easy".

I rely entirely on my scouts to build my team. If they aren't finding decent players (and my assistants arent recommending any good ones), it becomes a decent challenge.

Do that and don't use super tactics and the game becomes FUN!!!!

Not using player search is unrealistic. Alex Ferguson didn't sit in his office and wait for one of his scouts to pop in with a report on Michael Owen before signing him.

You might as well say it is much more challenging if you use a 2-3-5 formation or deliberately upset your own players. It's true, but beside the point.

I thought the player search only shows up well known players, players you have scouted and players you have shortlisted. So all the players you know about anyway.

Not using player search is unrealistic. Alex Ferguson didn't sit in his office and wait for one of his scouts to pop in with a report on Michael Owen before signing him.

Alex Ferguson has been in the game for a long time. He would have already have dozen of reports on Michael Owen available. Even then, if he's sitting around thinking "Maybe we can use Owen". He more than likely want to see video of his most recent match to see what kind of form he's currently in. You think wrong if you don't think Ferguson has a thick file on Owen with all of his strengths and weaknesses.

We are suppose to be beginner managers. Even though you watch it on TV, professional scouts who've been in the game a long time would be able to make alot more intelligent decision on the quality of a player than you or I would.

Alex Ferguson has been in the game for a long time. He would have already have dozen of reports on Michael Owen available. Even then, if he's sitting around thinking "Maybe we can use Owen". He more than likely want to see video of his most recent match to see what kind of form he's currently in. You think wrong if you don't think Ferguson has a thick file on Owen with all of his strengths and weaknesses.

We are suppose to be beginner managers. Even though you watch it on TV, professional scouts who've been in the game a long time would be able to make alot more intelligent decision on the quality of a player than you or I would.

My point is that Ferguson was considering which striker to sign and thought of Owen. I doubt he had to look through his filing cabinet before he remembered about him.

Real managers gain a lot of knowledge through immersion in the the footballing world, and the player search function simulates that because it would be boring if we had to watch a load of AI matches in full detail to know about players who we should know about.

Sitting on your hands and waiting for your scouts to tell you who to sign is ridiculously unrealistic.

Real managers gain a lot of knowledge through immersion in the the footballing world, and the player search function simulates that because it would be boring if we had to watch a load of AI matches in full detail to know about players who we should know about.

Sitting on your hands and waiting for your scouts to tell you who to sign is ridiculously unrealistic.

Exactly - don't know why people fail to understand this.

My point is that Ferguson was considering which striker to sign and thought of Owen. I doubt he had to look through his filing cabinet before he remembered about him.

I add players my scouts find to my permanent shortlist. When I am looking for players to sign I'll goto my shortlist and filter that. After 10 years, I have a thick list, replicating the experience I have gained over the years. This is the realism I get when I play the way I do.

When you first take over a club with your experience as a Sunday Footballer, you wouldn't have a thick book of the attributes of every single player above League 2. That is the unrealistic aspect that people like you exploit and then whine its too easy.

I thought Player search was based on knowledge of certain countries and their reputation in that country/the world.

It is. Everyone can play their game whatever way they want, but NOT using player search is IMO actually more unrealistic than using one. It may make the game artificially more challenging but it's certainly not realistic not to have any sort of list of well known players, free transfers etc. You can even find a lot of that info on the internet IRL.

Vic..do you ever have anything to offer but reflexive insults to those who have problems with the game? You are far more annoying than the habitual complainers.

I agree. I'm sorry to say, but I don't think I have come across a more obnoxious and patronising person on these forums than young Mr Taylor.

As for the thread, I have noticed on all previous FM's that in the future it becomes far too easy. I am only in 2013 on this one, and so far there are no problems as such yet.

However, if it does become too easy, I will waste no time in using FMRTE to edit opposition clubs; give them loads of money, make their players better, upgrade their training/youth facilities, etc.

I want FM to stay competitive, so I will 'cheat' against myself if necessary.

I agree. I'm sorry to say, but I don't think I have come across a more obnoxious and patronising person on these forums than young Mr Taylor.

I'll say the same thing I said to him.

I can't be bothered to argue the point with you' date=' so I will let my posts speak for me.

[url']http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=186566[/url]

I'll say the same thing I said to him.

I don't wish to get into an argument, but I have seen more than enough of your posts over the last few months to understand what kind of forumer you are. Like I said, obnoxious and patronising.

I don't wish to get into an argument, but I have seen more than enough of your posts over the last few months to understand what kind of forumer you are. Like I said, obnoxious and patronising.

So, like him, you didn't bother to read the thread I linked you to?

Again, I'll just repeat to you what I said to him:

You have no more right to comment on my posting standard if you haven't read them all' date=' as I do to go out and murder someone.

Come back when you've read all my posts. :thup:[/quote']

And, like him, I doubt you'll reply to that.

I did indeed read the thread. However, it is not all your posts, obviously.

But I must have read at least 50 posts of yours (and that is a very low estimate), where you seem to belittle people.

For a 16 year old, you are very cocksure of yourself.

You can build up a view of someone by reading posts over a period of time. And, as I have used these forums nearly every day since I joined, I have come to form opinions of several people. Lots of them nearly always helpful, some people who do nothing but moan, some who seem to know what they are doing on FM, etc.

And like I said, going on reading more than enough of your posts, I find you to be the most obnoxious and patronising person on here.

I did indeed read the thread. However, it is not all your posts, obviously.

On that thread alone I have taken a great deal of time to help several different users. More than half the posts are mine.

But I must have read at least 50 posts of yours (and that is a very low estimate)' date=' where you seem to belittle people.[/quote']

Please, link me to some of these. I'll be extremely amused to hear your interpritation of my posts and/or responses.

For a 16 year old' date=' you are very cocksure of yourself.[/quote']

My age does not matter.

You can build up a view of someone by reading posts over a period of time. And' date=' as I have used these forums nearly every day since I joined, I have come to form opinions of several people. Lots of them nearly always helpful, some people who do nothing but moan, some who seem to know what they are doing on FM, etc.

And like I said, going on reading more than enough of your posts, I find you to be the most obnoxious and patronising person on here.[/quote']

So... it doesn't matter that I help people? It doesn't matter I have discussions with people? All that matters is your opinion?

Forgive me, but there's only one person here being obnoxious and patronising, and it isn't me.

You know my opinion, I know yours. Clearly we are not going to agree/influence each others opinion. So I will leave it there, and allow the OP to continue his thread (should he wish to do so), as I don't want his thread being closed down due to us having an argument.

You know my opinion, I know yours. Clearly we are not going to agree/influence each others opinion. So I will leave it there, and allow the OP to continue his thread (should he wish to do so), as I don't want his thread being closed down due to us having an argument.

Funny. You haven't come up with any of my so called "belittle" ridden posts, have you?

But I'll leave it here also. When the 3rd patch comes out this thread will probably be lit up with more people complaining anyhow.

I want FM to stay competitive, so I will 'cheat' against myself if necessary.

That's quite absurd though...

Why should we resort to such ways to keep the game competitive, if the game itself can't?

I mean, if the transfer system is flawed and the AI clubs seem to be run by monkeys, I see no reason to self-sabotage my game.

Moreso, if cheating is "bad" when it's made to our advantage, it's also "bad" when it's done to our disadvantage. Even worse, because it doesn't make up for our shortcomings, but it makes up for the GAME'S flaws...

When you're playing real-life football and you're leading say by 5 goals, do you allow the other team to score some to keep the game competitive? ;)

That's quite absurd though...

Why should we resort to such ways to keep the game competitive, if the game itself can't?

I mean, if the transfer system is flawed and the AI clubs seem to be run by monkeys, I see no reason to self-sabotage my game.

Moreso, if cheating is "bad" when it's made to our advantage, it's also "bad" when it's done to our disadvantage. Even worse, because it doesn't make up for our shortcomings, but it makes up for the GAME'S flaws...

When you're playing real-life football and you're leading say by 5 goals, do you allow the other team to score some to keep the game competitive? ;)

I agree completely, and if there are major flaws in the game such as these, SI need to sort them out. However, as a game saving measure, I would still do this to keep it competitive.

RBKalle.. Then exploit every mistake SI made and win your league 20 season in a row. We don't care. Just quit whining and crying about the realism when you and people like you intentionally exploit the mistakes.

Using the Player Search Function absolutely is not realistic and anyone who thinks otherwise is mentally challenged. It's a mistake SI intentionally made to appeal to the people with less patience and less intelligence.

RBKalle.. Then exploit every mistake SI made and win your league 20 season in a row. We don't care. Just quit whining and crying about the realism when you and people like you intentionally exploit the mistakes.

Using the Player Search Function absolutely is not realistic and anyone who thinks otherwise is mentally challenged. It's a mistake SI intentionally made to appeal to the people with less patience and less intelligence.

Insulting people after you've lost the argument doesn't make you look like a particularly gracious loser.

We've already explained to you why ignoring player search is absurdly unrealistic. Claiming that it is a deliberate "mistake" is really plunging the depths of desperation.

Archived