Inter & Milan stadium

Okay, just curious, why on FM does the stadium exist in two forms, with either official name?

Apparently Inter and Milan don't play at home on the same matchday in Serie A, but in Coppa Italia and Europe it's not the case, makes it a bit ridiculous if you want to add realism.

Stadium name is San Siro, Giuseppe Meazza, and on FM it's San Siro for Milan and Giuseppe Meazza for Inter... Noticed this on a couple of versions I think, but as I recently started an Inter game it ****ed me off to watch Milan play twice cup games on the same ground as me on the same time...and it will happen when I reach February in CL

I think it is because one of the teams calls it one name, and the other another. For example, say Inter call it the San Siro (could be the other way round). Then, if it is called the Giuseppe Meazza, all the Inter fans would get angry. It would take a whille to programme it to change the name depending on who is playing, and there would be problems if it is the Milan Derby or a neutral match, eg the Champions League Final with neither of them playing. Therefore, it is just but in the game as two different stadia.

It's because Inter fans call it the Giuseppe Meazza in honor of the player of the same name who played for the team. Milan fans just call it the San Siro because why would they honor a player who played for their biggest rivals? While he did play for both teams, he spent a huge majority of his career with Inter.

To keep that tradition, I suppose for SI couldn't program the same stadium to have 2 different names depending on who is playing.

This problem occurs on more occasions than just this. Sometimes when you get further in to the game, you will find a non league team who get promoted share the same stadium as a team from the coca cola leagues.

I've seen on more than one occasian where they share the stadium but the details for the stadium are totally different, poor really....

First of all, the paradox is that Meazza is an Inter legend, who spent 2 seasons at Milan and stated right after that it was the biggest mistake of his life joining them, most still call the San Siro. And you will hear plenty of Milan fans call it the 'Meazza'. It was called the San Siro until Meazza passed away almost 30 years ago, and the name change is still weird for the locals.

Point is, it's quite dumb to have two different stadiums for one!

Also, I noticed that on the examples I used, one of the teams 'owns' the stadium and the other one pays rent.

This is 'cosmetic' to some of you, but it must be sorted out in future versions

The stadium's name is Giuseppe Meazza di Milano.... San Siro is just the district where the stadium is located.

Booom I dunno where you got all of that.. but everyone just calls it San Siro... They call it Giuseppe Meazza just on tv.

And i'm telling you this 'cause i've NEVER heard someone saying "we're going to the Meazza" :D

Indeed, "Stadio Giuseppe Meazza" is the official name (introduced in 1980 according to Wiki), while the stadium had been known as "San Siro" for ages already.

Thus, as lukino99 explained, the stadium is referred to as Meazza just in official occasions, but fans, players and pundits will call it San Siro 999 times out of 1000.

Just rename it Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - San Siro and problem solved with zero effort.

Apparently it's not unusual to see stadiums having two names: the official one and the common one... See also Genoa and Sampdoria's stadium. It's called Stadio Luigi Ferraris, but games are played at "Marassi" (once again the city district... see a pattern here? ;)).

More or less it's similar to Sponsor-named stadiums and arenas (especially in the States)... The official name is there just for cosmetic (or economic) reasons, but the fans will always use the old name.

most still call the San Siro. And you will hear plenty of Milan fans call it the 'Meazza'. It was called the San Siro until Meazza passed away almost 30 years ago, and the name change is still weird for the locals.

Erm, where do we disagree lukino?

I don't live in Milano, but I heard quite a few call it the 'Meazza' everytime I've been there.(have been more than once if you want to point anything out :p) But as I stated earlier, I did notice that most, perhaps 8 out 10, called it San Siro, and that's how I always called it

It is and it allways was: San Siro

Inter official stadium is Giuseppe Meaza, and for Milan it is the original name: San Siro.

But even the Inter fans as the rossoneri call him: San Siro. It is the same stadium, that has different name.

But the problem is: that in the game the matches are played on the same stadium in the same time. So, can you put a code that move the matches on other days?

Because it is unrealistic

For stadium expansions, too, I'd imagine.

So Inter would have a 90k stadium while Milan would stay at 82k? That would make no sense. Would the stadium grow for Inter matches and get smaller for Milan matches? Thats physically impossible. I could understand if you block off seats like they do in RL so its more compact. But that would be a more RL thing cause the game doesn't take that into consideration.

So Inter would have a 90k stadium while Milan would stay at 82k? That would make no sense. Would the stadium grow for Inter matches and get smaller for Milan matches? Thats physically impossible. I could understand if you block off seats like they do in RL so its more compact. But that would be a more RL thing cause the game doesn't take that into consideration.

No, because they are counted as two separate stadiums. It basically means that one team can expand, without the other team's permission, and the other team can't leech off the greater capacity.

• 1 month later...

So would there be any harm to my game experience if I killed one of them and made them share the same stadium? Can a stadium that's owned by the local muncipality and where two clubs play actually get upgraded in FM?

if you buy a ticket for a inter home game it says guiseepi meazza if you buy it for a ac game it says san siro

The reason being is that guiseppi meazza is a inter milan legend and ac milan refuse to call it that when they play home games there

For the scheduling, it's actually unbelievably complicated! The Premier League fixtures are part-done by computer and part-done by hand - i.e. a human being has tinkered with them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2009/06/secrets_of_the_fixture_compute.html#097608

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2009/06/fixtures_questions_answered.html

Trying to ensure Inter and Milan play "at home" on different days and so on is actually a very complicated problem.

It is of little gameplay impact anyway by swapping some fixtures around - it's a logistics thing.

Yes, but the game can deal with the problem in the fixture sense, as we see from all the above-mentioned clubs like Genoa/Sampdoria. That wasn't my question anyway, but thanks for the links :).

This comes down to the fact that football teams from the same city do not both play home games on the same weekend!! And this more due to the police than the F.A. Say one is at home the other will be away or not playing irl! Manchester United and Man City dont play at home on the same weekend. Everton Liverpool dont play at home on the same weekend. So maybe this is something that FM can put in the game!

Archived