Wot the easiest and hardest FM you have play?

The easiest will always be the oriiginals. Playing the "cheat" formations and signing players like Andri Sigporsson made any team unbeatable. Just playing one formation I took Plymouth Argyle from Div 3 to European champions in 4 years. The game has developed in a good way recently, to become much more difficult.

Easies: FM 08(with my formation i Beat Real away 4-0, away 3-0 in cup, home 8-1 in league a second leg of cup 5-0, then 3-0 in neutral venue in Champs league Final, beat Arsenal away 6-2 who were champions then home 4-3, beat Liverpool 5-1 home a 2-0 away, no joke it was the funnest ever

Hardest - FM09 - Won titles with Celtic(2) a Ajax and that's all, tactis were well too complicated a game wasn't amazing.

How was 2009 hard? I often went seasons only losing one or two league games. It was so easy that it was boring.

I would say 2009 was the hardest. I don't think I ever managed to win an away game. Home was easy 6-0 nils but away seemed impossible.

I would say 00/01 was the easiest but that was because I used to cheat back then and even when I didnt the AMC, AML, AMR formation was unstoppaple. And it was a lot easier to find and develope all the wonderkids.

Definately 2010 is the hardest for me.

At least I took Stuttgart to Champions League football on FM2009.

The easiest versions were the ones like CM00/01 to CM4. You could basically beat anyone with anyone buying anyone, playing anyone, anywhere and being relegated was virtually impossible even with a team that was meant to get relegated.

CM97 was actually quite tough and was my first experienc with an SI made game - and I actually lead Milan to relegation cause I didnt know what I was doing. I then sat down with a friend and we worked out how to use everything and did well - but it was still not that easy of a game compared to all the others up until FM2009.

So FM2010 the hardest, FM2009 second hardest, CM97/98 comes in a distant third.

I think SI have inadvertantly made the game a lot harder introducing the new tactics design because people think they have good tactics but all they have are generic templates and tend to mis-use every single shout causing even more recipe for disaster.

Easiest (in the modern FM era): FM09 - honestly, was a cakewalk despite the stupid ME. None of it made sense, but once you knew how it worked despite all common sense, it was easy.

Hardest: FM10 - easily the most challenging FM of all time. Not due to the "bugs", because there is very few (wingers and CCC's are the only real ME bugs in 10.2), but because you need a sound tactical mind to get the ball flowing from each of your players correctly.

Easiest SI game altogether is CM97/98 - even as a small child I could take Torino to the top of the world on that!

Archived