Can those using Steam login to game in offline mode?

Since last night I am unable to login to FM2010 in offline mode using Steam, I want to know if I'm the only one or if this is a general trend. I get the standard error of internet connection or to visit steam support. The internet connection is perfectly fine so Im guessing some Steam update has blocked offline mode. If anyone can confirm if their game works in offline mode that'll be appreciated.

Yeah its a catch 22 in the Steam setup. You need to have your steam username and password entered, even if you are offline before it will load up. Usually entering them and restarting steam/opening FM will let you in ..

Its a typical example of why people dislike Steam. :thup:

I'm having problems too, which probably isn't the first reply to your post you wanted. And it goes a little something like this...

Steam - Error

Unable to connect to the Steam network. 'offline mode' is unavailable because there is no Steam login information stored on this computer.

You will not be able to use Steam until you can connect to the Steam network again.

The thing wants to install an update, but can't as my PC won't connect. So no FM until I can get it sorted. My internet connection is fine too and until trying to boot FM up today, although I haven't used it for a few days, I had my Steam login info stored on my PC. They might well have blocked offline mode :|

edit: Oops, someone got in there first :DD

Bren_D - Thanks for confirming, I'm therefore not the only one this is happening to. I'm guessing no-one plays the game on Steam offline as there's very little response to this issue which I consider important. SI could at least look into this as they confirmed upon game release that you could play Steam offline and that now appears to be impossible.

I prefer playing offline using Steam. (Less power being used by the cpu) Simply have your login info stored in the settings in Steam and click the 'play in offline mode' button and you will be able to play in offline mode anytime.

Today, I am playing the game in "online mode." However, I have been using Steam for games for years and have not had the problem you speak of. Did you previously have your login info stored in Steam? Their server is not currently down, as I am currently using it.

I am having the problem in "Offline mode", I know online works but can you check offline to see if you have the same problem. If so can someone from SI look into this or someone else suggest something as you should be able to use offline mode and not solely online.

Archived