So... those of you who have loaded leagues below the Blue Square N/S

How are you finding the game?

a real challenge very different than what your used to in some ways its like before profesionalism started no window and players can come and go as they/you please.

The game has issues but thats because FM dont understand amatuer setup its still good to have a go.

Too hard?

Hard to say be prepared to lose your best players to higher placed clubs so player turnaround higher than leagues you have safety pkayers under contract.

Too easy?

No not easy at all though some will find it easier than others and to be fair my grimsby borough got promoted but as the patch superblademans gets updated this first teme I done season 2. Got some unrealistic bargains because the players dont understand difference between amatuer/semi pro or pro contracts. Managed to get league 2 rejects at level 10. So in away it does make easy due to game flaw.

Not as in-depth as the preset leagues?

Well in some ways it stands to reason we not going to have every player, staff they are regens. However superblademan is a god he done gruntwork of the stadia club histories and comp histories. Some peep have helped him out as its a huge work to do that sort of work even have county cups.

So in someways its staggering how much detail there is.

I say have a go go to the editors forum. Its worth it I am enjoying it.

I reported in a thread a while back my observation that in the 10th tier games were averaging well under 2 goals per match. PaulC confirmed that they hadn't done testing down to that level. So in general, as awful as the defenders are, the forwards are far worse.

For all that, I'm loving it. Because you have no budget and can't bring in better players, you're forced to work with what you've got, which pushes your tactical nous to the limits. All the players in a league are as awful as each other, so at this level as at no other, success or failure comes down to one key point: IT'S YOUR TACTICS!!!!!

I'm doing the 'give youth a chance' challenge which starts at Level 10 of the football pyramid. Games are definitely low scoring affairs, the highest scoring team has 37 goals from 21 games this season with most clubs getting round a goal a game.

The game obviously isn't balanced at this level, strikers really are woefull. Also seen a lot of penalties due to the poor level of play.

Is a lot of fun though, you see some really crazy stuff happening on the pitch.. give it a whirl :thup:

I'm doing the 'give youth a chance' challenge which starts at Level 10 of the football pyramid. Games are definitely low scoring affairs, the highest scoring team has 37 goals from 21 games this season with most clubs getting round a goal a game.

The game obviously isn't balanced at this level, strikers really are woefull. Also seen a lot of penalties due to the poor level of play.

Is a lot of fun though, you see some really crazy stuff happening on the pitch.. give it a whirl :thup:

Is the low scores just AI led I lost 0-3 as a biggest loss.

My biggest win was initially 4-1 but this season I just gone mental

Scored 32 goals in 26 games league only have won promotion. My striker scored 20 goals and we are in the quarters FA Vase and did Ipswich Wanderers 9-0 in a freakish game in the 4th round.

Agree it is noticable the amount of pens at this level. But I have looked in my season the balance is everyone got 7-8 pens each scored though cant say total with missed. Players miss time very easily which causes it. I am not sure on scoring its not too bad 1.5 per game maybe slight tweak to up it to 1.8-2.0 a game for better clubs. My worry is if you get a gem like my Kerr and scores 20 goals cup+league with 5 in one game the ipswich wanderers match your going get nuts level scoring.

I

Really enjoying managing in the unibond prem, struggled in the first season and only just missed out on relegation using the players I had at the start but with a few good signings, I'm now flying in my second season, have won 10 home games in a row, scoring goals for fun and heading for a playoff position.

One strange problem I've found in the leagues below the BSN/S is player stats, for every league except for the one I'm in, goalies are getting way too high ratings and outfield players too low and as a result I always find that almost every player in the top 20 average ratings in that league or so is a goalie, has anyone else found this?

I am enjoying it, but finding the game at this level far, far too easy. If it is, as someone suggests, down to your tactics, I must be a tactical genius :)

I am Parkgate. I have won the title and being promoted every season, for the first three years of the game. In my fourth season I am top of the league, P 4 W 4.

It is so easy, I just can't wait to get into the Football League so the REAL challenge can begin!

I am enjoying it, but finding the game at this level far, far too easy. If it is, as someone suggests, down to your tactics, I must be a tactical genius :)

I am Parkgate. I have won the title and being promoted every season, for the first three years of the game. In my fourth season I am top of the league, P 4 W 4.

It is so easy, I just can't wait to get into the Football League so the REAL challenge can begin!

Yes, that's the point I was making. At this level the players are equally awful, so the differentiating factor is YOUR TACTICS! I get the impression that player quality begins to manifest at BSP level, which is where the real challenge begins.

I'm hoping for a few easy seasons of promotions to that level, by which time my squad of youngsters will have matured and gelled. The problem is of course that the best will be lured away. Note real-life example of tier-nothing teams that have got to the BSP and hit a wall - Histon is a current example.

Yes, that's the point I was making. At this level the players are equally awful, so the differentiating factor is YOUR TACTICS! I get the impression that player quality begins to manifest at BSP level, which is where the real challenge begins.

I'm hoping for a few easy seasons of promotions to that level, by which time my squad of youngsters will have matured and gelled. The problem is of course that the best will be lured away. Note real-life example of tier-nothing teams that have got to the BSP and hit a wall - Histon is a current example.

Yeah this is a problem. I have had my chairman sell four or five of my best players for peanuts, which is very frustrating. Especially, when in my first season my 19 year old star striker had banged in about 38 goals in 24 games, and my chairman sold him for £1k!

ONE THOUSAND POUNDS?! Tight arse git! I could give my chairman a grand myself if he needs it that much!

Archived