why won't staff people change roles?

for example, an ass-man always rejects a role as a trainer for the first squad. this could be logical, it is a "lesser" role, but sometimes its unrealistic.

for example, i was playing as PSV, and the ass-man of a club in the hoofdklasse (3rd division holland, edited with database) could become a decent trainer. so i offered him the role, but the ass-man said he didnt like the job.

i tried the same with chelsea, offering the ass-man of a blue square north club the role of trainer first squad. however he also refused, because he didnt like the job.

i think its a bit unrealistic that the staff won't "downgrade" their roles. it happens in real life. also if i was the manager of my local club and barcelona would ask me to become a trainer, i don't think i would refuse it.

in short, the staff should be able to accept lesser jobs.

You're right - it's too inflexible. Not just 'lesser roles'; you can get scouts with outstanding coaching attributes who refuse, or scouts with 20 physio who refuse.

I don't think that is too weird. If someone chooses to be a scout, why would he want to become a physio? Probably not a job he'd enjoy. Other way around too.

I agree though that the OP's points are valid. I'd think coaches and assistant managers would be more likely to climb up the ladder.

but if you are the ass-man in the BSQ N/S, with a wage of lets say 200 a week, and a prem. league club offers you the job of trainer for 5000 a week, who would refuse something like that? in the game it happens, and i don't think its realistic.

or like Leo Beenhakker, who has swapped between manager and director more than once. in the game it wont happen.

Archived