Knocking out Premiership Teams

Has anyone had a lot of success quite unexpectedly in knocking out Premiership teams from the two cups, with a Championship side?

I'm playing as Cov City and I've knocked Boro (3-0) and Blackburn (3-1) out of the league cup (then lost 4-1 to Liverpool at Anfield!).

Then I played Boro in the 3rd round of FA Cup and won 7-0!! So they're not too happy with me winning 10-0 over two games.

Now I've just knocked Man City out of the FA Cup 4th round (1-1 in Manchester; beat them 3-1 at home).

I sit top of the Championship quite a lot of points clear but this is quite unreal. I guess Milwall did it a few years ago and Barnsley did a good job this year.

Anyone else have any stories of torturing premiership sides?

Has anyone had a lot of success quite unexpectedly in knocking out Premiership teams from the two cups, with a Championship side?

I'm playing as Cov City and I've knocked Boro (3-0) and Blackburn (3-1) out of the league cup (then lost 4-1 to Liverpool at Anfield!).

Then I played Boro in the 3rd round of FA Cup and won 7-0!! So they're not too happy with me winning 10-0 over two games.

Now I've just knocked Man City out of the FA Cup 4th round (1-1 in Manchester; beat them 3-1 at home).

I sit top of the Championship quite a lot of points clear but this is quite unreal. I guess Milwall did it a few years ago and Barnsley did a good job this year.

Anyone else have any stories of torturing premiership sides?

I've gone on to knock Newcastle out of the FA Cup and will face either Liverpool (likely) or Everton away in the semi final icon_frown.gif. I don't think I'm going to make it, definitely not away.

I managed to win FA cup (i think....the one that gives you a place in europe anyway) with my league 2 club. This was on 8.0.0 version though. With 8.0.2 i only managed a few wins against premier league clubs with my lower league sides.

Archived