What/How Many AI Matches Per Season Do You Attend?

Just curious to see how many (and what) AI matches other FM players attended. :)

I tend to use it to check competition I've never played before (newly promoted teams or CL opponents). Sometimes I use it to check out a promising player or two that I have my eye on (especially if they play for a newly promoted team that looks a shoo-in for relegation). :o

In total I'd say 10 - 15 ish matches a season. :o

Anyone else?

How do you watch a match? Do you do it only after the game is finished?

When the fixture list comes up, click on the 'v' between the match you want to watch.

Or, if you're an international manager, you can pick a match from the list your ass man sends you.

It really should be more clear that yo can do this, I have been playing FM since around August/September 2006 (started on 06 but it wasn't long before 07 came out) but I didn't find out you can do this until last summer. Anyone know which game it was introduced in?

It really should be more clear that yo can do this, I have been playing FM since around August/September 2006 (started on 06 but it wasn't long before 07 came out) but I didn't find out you can do this until last summer. Anyone know which game it was introduced in?

FM 2008 if I remember correctly...

I occasionally watch rival matches when I have a match coming up against them. It makes no real difference, I just do it because I can, and to add a bit of realism to things.

"The Liverpool manager is in the stands today...."

None, even if I'm an international manager. I don't think ME is yet advanced enough for something like that to be useful plus even if it was, surely you'd have to watch the entire match or else just looking at the stats is better in the first place.

Well, it was in the original Championship Manager 2 (94/95) :D

Sure I read somewhere if theres a club job where manager job is "insecure" and you go to watch, the press comment on the fact that you were there and automatically assume its cause you're about to take over. Positive I read it somewhere

That's interesting, though; I'd go to one and then do laundry while it was on in the background if it was akin to me announcing my candidacy for the job.

Occaisionally i watch the world cup final and if i'm an international manager i tend to watch player who are on the fringe of the squad to see if they deserve a spot ahead of someone else. There's no point watching the stars of your international team because you'll determine their spots in the international squad by how they perform at international level.

• 1 month later...

I tend to watch under under 19 under 21 matches. Myself to see if there some talented players to keep and eye out for.

Quick question. Is there a 'benifit' for the manager for watching AI matches, does this boost something like scouting knowledge?

Archived