Activation worrys / lost manual :(

a few days ago my hard drive died :( and took it up to my mate who installed a new hard drive, 10 times the size :) so i got it back today and re-installed everythng including fm2010 (I lost my saved game which was 3 months+ old and 12-13 seasons into it.)

I installed steam and downloaded the game through steam and went to activate the game through steam but only 1 problem, I have lost the game manual which came with the game. Thus no activation code to type in which means I can't play the game.

How can I go about finding the games activation code so I can play the game ? Clearly I bought the dvd but this time with a fixed computer I decided to download it through steam for the auto updates.

However, can I unstall it through steam, install from cd and play it whilst putting the dvd in the drive all the time ?

Ideally, I'd love to find the activation code. Can someone please help me ?

I am devistated I can't play fm2010 for now

If you install in offline mode with the disc, then you don't need an activation code, but I think you do need the disc in the drive to play.

Otherwise, I'm sure there was a SI website where you could buy new activation codes. But I'm guessing you don't want to pay for a new one?

no, I refuse to spend more money on the game even though I love it. The game is installed and I played it by processing once without the game in the drive and it worked with steam on. The version which I have now is 10.2 which I am guessing is the most updated version until the 3rd and final patch is released. Hope it goes alright without the activation code.

Depending how much the code costs I may think about buying another 1

You don't need it via steam, steam is perma-available. Always. That's the benefits of Steam. You should also learn to take better care of your possesions, espically the holy grail of FM2010. You could also just make an ISO of your disc and play it on a virtual drive so you dont need it inside the computer?

Archived