Strikers can not score

Hi.......

So started off with Real Madrid because i did not want problems with someone else so i started off easy......

It started off horribly i barely scored and i lost games against Xerez and Zaragoza. One of my games I had about 12 one on ones and Sergio Asenjo abnormally saved them. They had one chance and they scored..

I know about the match engine tweaks..........

I downloaded the patch and everything went fine...some good 4 wins........but then I started today and the same problem..........I tied Xerez and lost against Arsenal......obviously i dominated......

My question....Do i have to install the patch everytime i play?

I play a 4-2-3-1 attacking formation.............Higuain top scorer with 13 goals, ronaldo with 9, Kaka with 9, Guti with 11, Raul with 5, Benzema with none and Van nisteelrooy with 3.

Pls. help me. Give me any advice you guys have. Or any answers

Thankssssssss

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you have to download the patch every time you play?

No. Why would you? :confused:

Give it some time. Try switching players/tactics around, until you find the right one. You can't just pick up and play, expecting to win everything, even with a big team.

The one-on-one problem is hopefully being sorted out for Patch 3, btw.

Have u bought new players? If u had bought alot of new and good players, this sentence would explain everything ... " your squad is trying to gel with each other". Which means the only thing u can do is do wait for them to gel. Usually it takes about half a season or so at least. Also new purchases also need time to adjust to your preferred formation, so don change your formation too much . Hope this helps.

Anytime you buy, or start playing, a lot of new players, they have to build chemistry. If you don't have a chance to play a massive amount of friendlies, and you make a lot of new signings and throw them in, they won't be used to playing with each other. Try using the existing players and possibly making 1-2 big signings and ease them into the squad.

Ok new story i just played Real Zaragoza........lost 2-0 .........ronaldo was one on one and he ran right into the keeper.......nisteelrooy headed the ball well over the bar from six yards out................oh btw materrazi scored both of em

I need some help ASAP

I'm certain that there is a problem with one on ones. The issue for me is that there are too many, and they arent scored enough- this means it averages out about the right number of goals, and I generally get realistic results, but the match itself can be frustrating. Only ten minutes ago ago i tore half my hair out during this:

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p15/incrediboy42/aaah.jpg

This is the exception though in what is generally a superb representation of football.

Hi.......

So started off with Real Madrid because i did not want problems with someone else so i started off easy......

It started off horribly i barely scored and i lost games against Xerez and Zaragoza. One of my games I had about 12 one on ones and Sergio Asenjo abnormally saved them. They had one chance and they scored..

I downloaded the patch and everything went fine...some good 4 wins........but then I started today and the same problem..........I tied Xerez and lost against Arsenal......obviously i dominated......

I play a 4-2-3-1 attacking formation.............Higuain top scorer with 13 goals, ronaldo with 9, Kaka with 9, Guti with 11, Raul with 5, Benzema with none and Van nisteelrooy with 3.

Thankssssssss

You are not the only one. I have just created 21 CCC's in last 4 matches and have not scored one of them. I cannot understand how this can happen. My strikers are some of the best in the world. The only way I can score is through set pieces or long shot. To top it off my tactoc is copied straight out of the tactical theorems appendix (the Liverpool 2008-2010). The superkeeper bug ruins the game, unless you want to design tactics that come at goal from wide out.

You are not the only one. I have just created 21 CCC's in last 4 matches and have not scored one of them. I cannot understand how this can happen. My strikers are some of the best in the world. The only way I can score is through set pieces or long shot. To top it off my tactoc is copied straight out of the tactical theorems appendix (the Liverpool 2008-2010). The superkeeper bug ruins the game, unless you want to design tactics that come at goal from wide out.

It's not a superkeeper bug that ruins the game, mate.

The bug is that too many CCC are being created. The goalkeeper's "super" saves are simply there to balance it out, and stop every game finishing, for example, 8-7.

I hate to say this but I must agree with Vic Taylor in this matter.

If you look at the relationship between CCC created in this game and the average of the CCC created in real life, it is some way off in favor of the game. The second element that creates this problem is bug in relation to the marking from CBs. This is especially very visible if you play against the formation with one striker, where the striker moves between your CBs without any of them manage to pick him up. The third element that creates this problem is the very definition of the CCC, which in many cases are not pure one on ones, something that creates situation where it looks like you have 25-30 one on ones, but in reality you've had maybe 10-15. But dont get me wrong, it is still to many one on ones created in this game, no doubt about it.

Before the patch 10.2 many struggled with a high score line on this game compared to RL. What SI did, to be able to deal with the problem, is simply adjust down the number of one on ones that results in goals, rather than to fix the marking issue with CB and adjust up the amount of goals scored from crosses delivered from the wingers. Pure wingers are useless in this patch, because the majority of crosses ends with the corner, and the few of these that ends up in the box almost never ends with a goal, especially not from a header.

I hate to say this but I must agree with Vic Taylor in this matter.

Support from an unlikely source. :D

If you look at the relationship between CCC created in this game and the average of the CCC created in real life' date=' it is some way off in favor of the game. The second element that creates this problem is bug in relation to the marking from CBs. This is especially very visible if you play against the formation with one striker, where the striker moves between your CBs without any of them manage to pick him up. The third element that creates this problem is the very definition of the CCC, which in many cases are not pure one on ones.

Before the patch 10.2 many struggled with a high score line on this game compared to RL. What SI did, to be able to deal with the problem, is simply adjust down the number one on ones that result in goals, rather than to fix the marking issue with CB and adjust up the amount of goals scored from crosses deliver form the wingers. Pure wingers are useless in this patch, because the majority of crosses ends with the corner, and the few who these that ends up in the box almost never ends with a goal, especially not from a header.[/quote']

Hopefully this will be fixed in the 3rd patch. We can live in hope, right? :rolleyes:

Hi.......

Thankssssssss

I count 50 goals there, you're certainly scoring. Or are you wanting to score 4-5 goals a game?

"The bug is that too many CCC are being created. The goalkeeper's "super" saves are simply there to balance it out, and stop every game finishing, for example, 8-7. "

"...bug in relation to the marking from CBs. This is especially very visible if you play against the formation with one striker, where the striker moves between your CBs without any of them manage to pick him up."

Indeed. Plus the superhuman ability of players to get exocet long shots on target from pretty much anywhere.

The problem with DC defending and subsequent 1-on-1s would suggest that three DCs with wing backs may be the way forward.

Does anyone know if this is the case??

But it is ridiculous that a GK jump to save the ball, he saves it and the ball bounce to my second striker, and he shoots in the other edge of the goal. Now the GK land on the ground, but how does he manage to stand up and quickly throw himself 3m to the right side? Amaizing stuff, this should be the best GK in the world. But how is it possible that this GK has conceded 15 goals in 10 matches until now? Something is wrong there. Because we are giving superb ability to the GK in some situation.

Someone posted in another thread yesterday something along the lines of:

'why don't they just remove the stat? It's just a number'

I couldn't agree more, for years we didn't have the CCC stat and we all played quite happily. Now this stat comes along and has become the biggest issue for 99% of the people on these forums.

Can't we just go back to shots and shots on target? I honestly don't care whether its a CCC or not, I can see with my own eyes whether the striker 'should' score or not.

In football the only stat that matters is the scoreline.

Someone posted in another thread yesterday something along the lines of:

'why don't they just remove the stat? It's just a number'

I couldn't agree more, for years we didn't have the CCC stat and we all played quite happily. Now this stat comes along and has become the biggest issue for 99% of the people on these forums.

Can't we just go back to shots and shots on target? I honestly don't care whether its a CCC or not, I can see with my own eyes whether the striker 'should' score or not.

In football the only stat that matters is the scoreline.

agree completely. I am watching the match with my eyes, and when the ST is in front of the GK, with no DC in his nearness, he is not able to score. Ok, one or two time, but that every shoot go straight to the GK or the GK is making amaizing saves. If you wanted to degrees the number of scored goals, why didn't you made that my striker miss the goal? Because, in RL some shoots goas near or above the goal, not allways on goal. But in this game, my striker are so precise on shooting the 7x2,1m and so comes that goalkeepers make amaizing saves.

And one more thing, my strikers can't score, ok. I accept it. But how is it possible that the AI is able to convert his chances? I mean, 6 time I am going straight to the GK, and he saves. The AI got only 2 times, and every time a placed shoot in the edge of the goal. Come on...

What is deservedly?

I am working on my tactic, watch the last match from the opponent, go out, take opp.insturction, motivate my team, get my chances, and then a GK who has concided until now, 9 goals in 4 matches, is able to save a placed shoot and then jump from the ground 3m in the opposite edge to save a magnificante shoot. He is able to save all shoots, and my striker are not able to place the shoots in the opposite down angle of the goal. No, they are on the left side, and instade to place the shoot straight in to the goal, he takes a power shoot to the right side where the GK is standing. And we are talking about a GK from the third league, someone who is not wanted from other club. On the other side, I have the same problem as my opponent with the defense, in some situation their moves are stupid (ST and DC running toward the ball, and my DC go away from the opponent to take his place in the defence, i think this is the defense bug) and now, the opp.strike takes the ball, gets in the box, and with a placed shoot he scores. 12 games, only 4 goals, and he is able to maintain the calm, and to score. Once more, we are talking about a striker who is nobody. His statistic are 9 in finishing.

So, I lose the game against a opponent which I dominated, made allone runnings toward the GK, the GK got superpower in this situation, got a 8,5 and theire striker got only one chance, and he scored. So how is this deservedly?

Deservedly is when I lose against a opponent where I dominated, but theire GK was not making this amaizing saves, my GK made saves too, but in two chances, there were able to score. So I lost 2:0 and I respect that, I had possesion, but they were better in converting theire chances. But to lose a match against a superGK, who has a handling 9 and aerial ability 10, come on....

And this is the defense problem:

Cross from right, the ball gets to the opp. striker.

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/7425/gol1h.jpg

So my DR should press the striker, or stay in front of him, to cover the goal. But insteed to do this, what is he doing?

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/7397/gol3.jpg

And finally, the moment before the striker takes his shoot:

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/867/gol4k.jpg

And tell me how is it normal, that my 2 strikers (finishing 18/15, off the ball 12/14, tech 16/15, and both fast) get a 6,1 and 6,0 and the opp. GK get a 8,7 (aerial 14, hand 12, on-on 13, reflex 12, CA109/PA110 (from Genius) ).

What should I say in team talk about this? Sorry boys, you were good, nice job getting so much time allone in front of the GK, but the ME doesn't let a big scoreboard, so the GK got superPower. Maybe next time we will have more luck.

I just hate the fact that its for us only....i do not see it happening with other teams..............Im playing with Fulham and it seems that training the strikers and attacking mids or wingers for a special strikers training schedule has helped...........i have A Johnson with 11 goals, D Elm with 7, Zomora with 6 (he is really wasteful), Nevland with 3, and Davies, Murphy, Gera, Duff and Brunt with 1 or 2...... Also look to attack...........tell them to retain possesion and work ball into box (most important as this discourages them from shooting from 40 yards out and missing!)......also against tougher teams listen to ur pregame meeting... Use the scouts advise wisely. I am not doing gr8 but I have in 15 games i m 11-2-2 which is pretty good for a club of Fulhams stature....Hope this helps.......and if u guys have any suggestions to give me go right ahead.

Thanks

I just hate the fact that its for us only....i do not see it happening with other teams..............Im playing with Fulham and it seems that training the strikers and attacking mids or wingers for a special strikers training schedule has helped...........i have A Johnson with 11 goals, D Elm with 7, Zomora with 6 (he is really wasteful), Nevland with 3, and Davies, Murphy, Gera, Duff and Brunt with 1 or 2...... Also look to attack...........tell them to retain possesion and work ball into box (most important as this discourages them from shooting from 40 yards out and missing!)......also against tougher teams listen to ur pregame meeting... Use the scouts advise wisely. I am not doing gr8 but I have in 15 games i m 11-2-2 which is pretty good for a club of Fulhams stature....Hope this helps.......and if u guys have any suggestions to give me go right ahead.

Thanks

You can't boast, mate, seeing as you've admited in this thread that you reload if you lose a game "undeservedly".

I would understand if this happen in one or four matches, it wouldn't be a problem. But, to have so much problem with scoring in every match, I think that there is something not normal. From, 25 matches, I had only 4 matches where my strikers scored well, I mean, they used there chances. Now, in all other matches, I have to see a lot of not misses, but super saved chances. They are getting through the defense line, get in the box, and then shoot left, right, over, down, with power, with place, but the GK is there to save it all. Sometimes, in 3D you are watching the ball going in, and the GK jump, he isn't touching the ball, but the commentary says he saved the ball in corner. So, in 21 match I have to make more then 10 clear shoots to score more then 2 goal. The funny was 23 shoots on goal, 3 goal. The good was 12 shoot - 2 goal. All my striker are trained (under position) able to place shoot, some have move in chanels, and beat offside trap. So they get in the box, but you know what happen there.

And then, comes my MC from 25m bang a shoot and it's in.

I was noticing that the players I played in the AMC position were getting more goals than my strikers. All I did was go to "Tactics" and set my strikers up to be as attacking as possible. Since then I'm getting plenty of goals from them.

yeah, that's right. It seems that the AMC position has it easyer to score :( hahahaha

That's why I learned one of my ST who has good techn. and passing, to be a AMC, so now he is playing in that rule, and is scoring more easyer as my other striker who are better then him.

So, in this way we see, that it is not about tactic, but an unlogical thinking of ME that it makes it harder for ST to score, and easyer for AMC and MC

Vic taylor Its not boasting.......learn English it's a suggestion to others going through the same situation I'm in....... So if u don't have any suggestions kindly SHUT UP

Oh, how mature!

This:

I have in 15 games i m 11-2-2 which is pretty good for a club of Fulhams stature.

In my books, is boasting if you cheat.

I have no problem with you cheating. You have bought them game. You have the right to play it however you want. It's when people who cheat come onto the forums and boast that I have the problem.

Hey Vic Taylor...... Sorry ..... Shouldn't have said that..... Ur rift bout the boasting..... I m too full of myself....... And I have trouble admitting defeat ...... and sorry again..... Let's put this behind

do u have any suggestions for my Fulham team? And the question to all of u guys out there......

Man, the game is soooo boring :(

Next year I will wait for Februar 2011 to buy FM2011, when the patch 11.3 is out, to solve all the little boring problems.

Because, I am asking me, how is it possible that every team is able to score from few attempts, and I have to make chances and chances to get my goal. Is it annoying, that I take my small club in the Ch. League, get tons of chances, but the opposit team doesn'T need it, it just strike the ball, and it gets in. Ok, maybe it is because it is a big team. But then the small team in my small league are doing it too. Maybe it is my tactic, or wait... they get the same chances as me, player gets the ball on 20m goes in the box and place shoot in the edge. Wooow

But wait, my chances are better, I get the ball in 30m allone, running, and there is the GK how magical save. It doesn't matter if it is a nobody or Akinfeev, they all are able to save. So, for what are the GK skills there? Tell me, what does the GK skills mean, when they all are able to save magical shoots?

Tell me if it is (un)fair when I with a small team are getting 14 shoots on goal, and the opponents gets 5 and score 3. Tell me is it (un)fair when the AI is able to score from the first chance? Tell me how should I understand this game: You can't beat AI? Because, it seems that this "holding the score line" is only for user, because, in my 2 seasons I saw only 4 times that the AI is not able to score CCchances (chances where the striker gets allone, nobody is near him, there is only he and the GK). But by me this take every game. So can somebody explain me what should I understand in this? What is (un)fair?

I'm certain that there is a problem with one on ones.

i totally agree, ive had loads of 1-1, im yes, goal for sure & he either, runs into the keeper, takes too long to shoot, so a defender, flies across the pitch & tackles him or the keep saves.

and ive found that, if im scoring loads of goals, then im conceding loads as well or when im not scoring well, then my defense is 1 of the best in the leagues, can be really annoying. as 1 season i can be scoring loads but letting too many get by, the following season, sudden reverse.

The whole game is ****ing ridiculus dont use benzema he wont score for **** had the same problem. In that same game David Villa scored 32 goals in 30 games for Valencia so i started a new game and bought hin for 60 million. Score 4 ****ing goals in 22 appearances he misses at least 5 one on ones a game

Man, the game is soooo boring :(

Next year I will wait for Februar 2011 to buy FM2011, when the patch 11.3 is out, to solve all the little boring problems.

Because, I am asking me, how is it possible that every team is able to score from few attempts, and I have to make chances and chances to get my goal. Is it annoying, that I take my small club in the Ch. League, get tons of chances, but the opposit team doesn'T need it, it just strike the ball, and it gets in. Ok, maybe it is because it is a big team. But then the small team in my small league are doing it too. Maybe it is my tactic, or wait... they get the same chances as me, player gets the ball on 20m goes in the box and place shoot in the edge. Wooow

But wait, my chances are better, I get the ball in 30m allone, running, and there is the GK how magical save. It doesn't matter if it is a nobody or Akinfeev, they all are able to save. So, for what are the GK skills there? Tell me, what does the GK skills mean, when they all are able to save magical shoots?

Tell me if it is (un)fair when I with a small team are getting 14 shoots on goal, and the opponents gets 5 and score 3. Tell me is it (un)fair when the AI is able to score from the first chance? Tell me how should I understand this game: You can't beat AI? Because, it seems that this "holding the score line" is only for user, because, in my 2 seasons I saw only 4 times that the AI is not able to score CCchances (chances where the striker gets allone, nobody is near him, there is only he and the GK). But by me this take every game. So can somebody explain me what should I understand in this? What is (un)fair?

I think that every bloody memeber in here knows that you are having troubles with one-on-ones!!! We all do, so stop moaning about it and wait for the patch God damn it!!!

Isn't it nice:

2 shoot (on goal) - 2 goal (opponent)

14 shoot (on goal) - 1 goal (me)

My team is leading in the league, and the opponent is 14th.

Theres a whole range of things that could create that event in the game, and to be frank most of them will be caused by you, not the game.

of your 14 shots how many were

on target

off target

blocked

ccc's

long range

whats your cross/pass %

which team is dominating tackles/headers

are you accounting for a team 'parking the bus' and playing the 'counter' against a percieved stronger team (i supsect the answer to this is no from the result)

which areas of the pitch has seen the most action ?

have you used the "analysis" tool after the match to see where your players failed ?

The game, this may suprise you, is not broken & unplayable.

Ive had a few matches where i have limited the opposition to 0-3 shots on goal, I've also experienced the reverse when i have used the wrong tactic for a game, I've also experienced your problem several times too, both in my favour and in the AI's favour, and it is ALWAYS down to using the right tactics for the match.

Archived