The diamond is bugged. Conclusive...

Am playing a multiplay at the moment with 3 players Everton, Villa, Tottenham who are currently 1, 2 and 3. The guy with the diamond just won the league, we were both struggling, we switched to the diamond and tottenham were top points scorers for the league in the second half of the season and in my 10 games using this glitch formation i've scored about 40000000 goals.

Am playing a multiplay at the moment with 3 players Everton, Villa, Tottenham who are currently 1, 2 and 3. The guy with the diamond just won the league, we were both struggling, we switched to the diamond and tottenham were top points scorers for the league in the second half of the season and in my 10 games using this glitch formation i've scored about 40000000 goals.

This doesn't prove anything, Pauly. It merely states that the team you're playing with plays best in the diamond formation. I know several users who have tried to play that way, and have failed to find success.

It's your team.

On my game the diamond worked superbly in League 1 and I won the league with 116 pts and scoring for fun every game. Then Championship with the same squad - bang I get my ass kicked and after a few months of being in relegation trouble I had to conceed and try a new formation which improved my fortunes. Therefore I have to agree with the guys who say its about the team but add that its also the league too. If you have awesome (and quick) defenders you can get away with the diamond but if the defence isn't up to it you'll just do a Keegan and lose 5-4

is 3 players, who agree on a massive, unwaranted turnaround of results after adopting the diamond. We're not idiots- it is pretty obvious when you have 6 players walking through the middle of the pitch and the AI flat 442 makes no effort to adapt. I have had 3 0-5 scores before half time with a squad that was struggling for every game now. I usually just press continue and come back at half time to a lead. Before I was madly switching between Control Counter Defensive Attacking blah blah blah.. marking players, doing OI and team talks properly..

Last season I played the tottenham guy who has a massively inferior squad, at home- him diamond, me not. I lost 3-0 at home and 3-1 away. This season have already had a 6 goal turnaround after I simply adopted the diamond too for a 3-0 win.

Try it- we are not stupid. play narror and through the middle. It is easy. My squad is not at all "set up for the diamond"...

is 3 players, who agree on a massive, unwaranted turnaround of results after adopting the diamond. We're not idiots- it is pretty obvious when you have 6 players walking through the middle of the pitch and the AI flat 442 makes no effort to adapt. I have had 3 0-5 scores before half time with a squad that was struggling for every game now. I usually just press continue and come back at half time to a lead. Before I was madly switching between Control Counter Defensive Attacking blah blah blah.. marking players, doing OI and team talks properly..

Last season I played the tottenham guy who has a massively inferior squad, at home- him diamond, me not. I lost 3-0 at home and 3-1 away. This season have already had a 6 goal turnaround after I simply adopted the diamond too for a 3-0 win.

Try it- we are not stupid. play narror and through the middle. It is easy. My squad is not at all "set up for the diamond"...

I have the exact same thing with a flat 3-4-3. Does that make it bugged? Don't think so...

Take a look in the tactics forum. Loads of people are advertising their tactics and sharing stories similar to yours. Does this make all their tactics bugged?

No it makes it bugged when 6 players walk through the middle of the pitch, the AI plays a 442 with wingers, doesn't adapt, and Tottenham, Everton and Aston Villa are on top of the league.

It makes it bugged when you see (3 players) with a turnaround from your squad struggling through every game, to expecting to win by 4 or more goals.

It makes Everton scoring over 100 goals interesting.

Responses like these make the worth of this forum questionable. Everything reasonable that gets posted is met with this sort of thing without people even trying/considering it.

Try it- you will see, like we have, that the diamond far far outperforms any other formation. 3 players playing multiplay experiencing a turnaround like this is not meaningless, nor is the fact that the guy who has been using the diamond the whole time is league cup, EPL, europa cup and FA cup champion with Everton from last season. Also it should be considered that now that the other two players use the diamond he is off the top and we are actually challenging despite squad strengths being the same. In fact- he signed Aguero.

It could also be a testament to how incredible intricate (and, looking at some of the "great tactics" on the tactics forum, illogical) you have to be when creating a formation in general. I particularly liked that guys series of "442 England 66" "433 rijkaard" "433 mourinho" which mostly just involve all the players on mixed forward runs, including center backs, a creative freedom setup irrelevant to positions where you would expect creative freedom, and just in general being something you would never "think to do" in logical football terms.

No it makes it bugged when 6 players walk through the middle of the pitch, the AI plays a 442 with wingers, doesn't adapt, and Tottenham, Everton and Aston Villa are on top of the league.

It makes it bugged when you see (3 players) with a turnaround from your squad struggling through every game, to expecting to win by 4 or more goals.

It makes Everton scoring over 100 goals interesting.

Try it- you will see, like we have, that the diamond far far outperforms any other formation. 3 players playing multiplay experiencing a turnaround like this is not meaningless, nor is the fact that the guy who has been using the diamond the whole time is league cup, EPL, europa cup and FA cup champion with Everton from last season. Also it should be considered that now that the other two players use the diamond he is off the top and we are actually challenging despite squad strengths being the same.

If it's bugged and any team would have success with it, how do you explain the people who try this formation and don't win everything with it?

Responses like these make the worth of this forum questionable. Everything reasonable that gets posted is met with this sort of thing without people even trying/considering it.

I did consider it. I considered it and found your theory to be highly improbable. You have to accept that others may have different opinions and views from you.

I have no idea how you could employ this formation in a not silly way and be unsuccessful. In fact the setup I have now is entirely stupid and against football logic and I just had two hatricks before half time for 0-6. I play a diamond- I play direct, and I press. That couldn't be anything more unlike football: "OK boys! We're going to press! I want you all to crowd together in the middle of the pitch and leave two massive 30 yard holes out wide! Now go! Press! Ya!!" "Oh, and also, while you're here, let's set up 4 midfielders close to each other so we can pass through the center, and bomb it over their heads long!"

Two words- try it. play narrowish, AMC often forward runs, play through the middle. my passing is direct but i don't think it matters.

I have no idea how you could employ this formation in a not silly way and be unsuccessful.

Two words- try it. play narrowish, AMC often forward runs, play through the middle. my passing is direct but i don't think it matters.

It depends on what players you've got and what tactics your opposition plays.

I have tried it, which is why I'm backing up my point of view with the argument that it doesn't work for everyone. If I hadn't tried it, I wouldn't be qualified to argue that the diamond formation doesn't work for every player.

Sorry- the phenomena is far too strong. Obviously if you're playing with wingers in midfield or totally unsuited players it isn't going to work. Using the same squad set up for a 433, we have gone from battling to not even needing to watch the game.

Sorry- the phenomena is far too strong. Obviously if you're playing with wingers in midfield or totally unsuited players it isn't going to work. Using the same squad set up for a 433, we have gone from battling to not even needing to watch the game.

Okay, mate. *shrugs*

If it works for you and you're winning, I'm happy for you.

But don't come on here and assume it will work for everyone and accuse it of being bugged. Because it's not. :)

Sigh... look, upload the thing then, people can try it and if we're throttling the AI we'll put our hands up. But what you're describing is something I've tried before and had the same success as a decently built 4-4-2 or whatever formation you care to name.

Upload it to Filefront or... just shut up basically. There's nothing "conclusive" at all about what you're saying.

pathetic response, typical of the forum at the moment imo. I am trying to help and make a valid point 3 people have unreservedly agreed on. People who are all using different diamonds, all of whom are massively overachieving and doing it with ease. These are intelligent people, I played football semi professionally and have coached as well. I don't understand why people take it as an insult.

pathetic response, typical of the forum at the moment imo. I am trying to help and make a valid point 3 people have unreservedly agreed on. People who are all using different diamonds, all of whom are massively overachieving and doing it with ease. These are intelligent people, I played football semi professionally and have coached as well. I don't understand why people take it as an insult.

I resume you're talking to Tubey84 and not me... but still, there was no call for that.

Honestly, if you can't produce evidence to back up your claims, what reason do we have to believe you?

It is utterly utterly pointless to upload the file when a this can be confirmed in 5 minutes. nonetheless I will upload screenshots. May take a while as I'm not the host, and yes- I was talking to the guy who told me to shut up for trying to fix a problem in the game. We have all agreed on banning the diamond from next season due to it's ridiculousness.

It is utterly utterly pointless to upload the file when a this can be confirmed in 5 minutes. nonetheless I will upload screenshots.

It's not "utterly pointless". It is simply a way for other users to prove what you say.

You're trying to prove that the diamond formation works for everyone, right? Well, forgive me, but 4 or 5 people agreeing with you doesn't make "everyone".

The more people who agree with you, the more likely it is that your theory is correct.

Upload the game. What have you got to lose?

Fine- you will see Everton's + 4 trillion GD EPL season last year, and what will be three +4 trillion GD's from 1st 2nd and 3rd placed tottenham/villa/everton this year.

The file is over 200mb. Any guide for how to do it? A serious waste of time.

To the poster above: I would prefer it if people didn't see trying to help out the game as a deep insult and go into fan-boy mode. It is patehtic and hinders progress.

Fine- you will see Everton's + 4 trillion GD EPL season last year, and what will be three +4 trillion GD's from 1st 2nd and 3rd placed tottenham/villa/everton this year.

The file is over 200mb. Any guide for how to do it? A serious waste of time.

I've got to hold my hands up here and say I haven't a clue how to upload a save. Someone will though, and they'll probably help.

To the poster above: I would prefer it if people didn't see trying to help out the game as a deep insult and go into fan-boy mode. It is patehtic and hinders progress.

Don't call people fan boys. Just because someone has a different opinion from you does not make their views any less worthy than your own.

why not report it then into it's proper bugs forum then, good sir? this is the discussion forum, well everyone of the forums technically is a discussion forum, but in this one you're certainly going to find 10x the "fan-boys" you mentioned.

if you don't want harsh replies, don't look for them, and if you think your OP is being threaten unproperly, make some coffe, sit down in your chair, put your reading glasses on and take a better read at it, because it honestly seems not believeable. specially the 40000000000 goals part.

Yes I will be sure to mention that I am not serious next time I say a team has scored fourty thousand goals in a season.

Vic- I am responding to 2 genuine problems here. Whenever I have tried to point out a flaw and help the game I have met with this response. On tactic problems, like this, on match engine problems, like sweepers and DC's standing on top of each other, or even on Data, where we couldn't get anyone to agree that Ballack is a natural MC. It is a genuine problem on this forum and many people don't bother posting here because they consider it a waste of time given the atmosphere.

Yes I will be sure to mention that I am not serious next time I say a team has scored fourty thousand goals in a season.

:D

Vic- I am responding to 2 genuine problems here. Whenever I have tried to point out a flaw and help the game I have met with this response. On tactic problems' date=' like this, on match engine problems, like sweepers and DC's standing on top of each other, or even on Data, where we couldn't get anyone to agree that Ballack is a natural MC. It is a genuine problem on this forum and many people don't bother posting here because they consider it a waste of time given the atmosphere.[/quote']

Personally I think the atmosphere is very good. You have not been shot down by anyone either.

You have had your argument met with logical and thought-through arguments of other people. Some have agreed with you. Others have disagreed. It's all in the nature of 'discussion', which is what this forum is here for.

Is it so surprising people require proof when they don't know whether a statement is true or not?

I will upload the three tactics being used tomorrow- any should be sufficient for anyone to win a league season with their eyes closed, and uploading the game file shouldn't be necessary.

My disbelief in people needing "proof" from our game stems from having seen the diamond being so successful from setups created in less than 5 minutes, I think almost anything should work. If i'm wrong and we have stumbled on 3 super tactics created in 15 minutes i'll be surprised.

I will upload the three tactics being used tomorrow- any should be sufficient for anyone to win a league season with their eyes closed, and uploading the game file shouldn't be necessary.

Good. Everyone's happy.

My disbelief in people needing "proof" from our game stems from having seen the diamond being so successful from setups created in less than 5 minutes' date=' I think almost anything should work. If i'm wrong and we have stumbled on 3 super tactics created in 15 minutes i'll be surprised.[/quote']

Yeah, but only you and two of your mates have seen your game. We need proof because we haven't.

To be honest this is one of the weakest "bug" assumptions i have seen on this forum so far... My normal "starting" style of play is exactly the same as u describe yours, however i didnt became succesful with it in the dutch league, german league, premier league, brazilian league etc. (and no, not only top flight), i have developed different styles of play for each team over time which did help.... and no, most of them didnt involve a diamond shape formation.

oh p.s. i would still like to see that game file :) just giving the tactics isnt enough "proof" for me, since every game started by someone is completely different :).

I don't usually agree with pauly, but here I will. I do think the narrow diamond is overpowered in 10.2, simply because it creates so many TBs into the space between the DCs.

I'd be interested in his uploading a couple of easy win pkms and his tactic so Paul can run them/it under the new code and see if the same phenomena still happens.

This is precisely what happens by the way. The AMC especially scores an exhorbidant amount of goals. Everton man has had Cahill up with Rooney and Cardozo for the golden boot 3 seasons running. Personally I don't believe the problem is with the DC's- it's with the fact the AI midfield doesn't adapt.

That would help yes. I thought you were saying that the 1 on 1 "split the DC" chances were not "good chances" however?

I say what I say because most of my goals are just a pure strength of numbers thing. It looks very silly but you see the 2 DC's marking 2 strikers, the AMC unmarked at the same level coming through (attacking/high forward runs) and the other two MC's behind coming through. and the AI is just lined up flat 442. As I said- looks like a simple case of being outnumbered in the middle and not doing anything about it (repeatedly) to me.

Strange,

I play 442 with Napoli and found it incredibly over-powered.

Yet I played 4-1-2-1-2 with West Ham and the results are very random. One thing I noticed however was that I played 4-1-4-1, then changed to this 4-1-2-1-2 and all I did was put the AMR/AMR to a ST/AMC role and I did play a lot better and I did get a lot more goals/especially off rebounds or surging runs through the middle.

Nothing I would say overpowered however - Finished 10th with West Ham, but I am a terrible manager - but the word "overpowered" means even a newb can win the league easily and that is not the case.

I've not had great success with the diamond but my team is in a slump so will retry. One important question however. Are you playing the game or holidaying through? Because its the last part of your quote which leaves it open to suggestion.

You only need to upload the TAC tactic file, which is about 3kb large and takes five seconds.

Narrow formations are effective (as I've posted in the Tactics Forum and explained with screenshots btw - check the thread "Ineffective Wingers.) so I agree with wwfan on that. But you're talking about a plug in tactic that simply blows away the opposition every single time e.g. a Diablo.

Which, quite frankly, it doesn't.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=184499&highlight=ineffective+wingers

Read that thread - this argument has been done to death and by no means does it indicate a narrow tactic is a "super" tactic.

My theory is that due to the game's defenders leaving wide gaps between them on a regular basis, any tactic that plays predominantly through the centre will expose this AI falicy fully. It's logical to think that if you have an AMC and two strikers constantly running through the centre, and the oppasition centre backs are constantly leaving a wide gap as they so often do, then the midfielders behind the AMC are going to have a field day putting in though balls. Although the conversion on 1-on-1's in 10.2 is low, you end up scoring a lot due to the sheer amount of chances you end up creating.

"Bugged" is perhaps the wrong term to use. "Exponent" probably fits it better. But then I would also like to say even if you and your mates agree there is something wrong with the tactic, without evidence (screenshots, uploaded tactic and matches, etc) no one here is going to believe you outright.

"Bugged" is perhaps the wrong term to use. "Exponent" probably fits it better.

hehe... Exponent, meaning a thing or person who explains or expands on something, definitely does not fit better. It is a glitch formation in the same way as that MC with the forward arrow to FC was in 2005- it is something that the AI does not react to and which screws them in a repetitive and thematic way.

how unbelievably ignorant pauly...

you claim to be offering help to people by posting this thread and when you get perfectly valid replies you call them "pathetic" .

you also claim that its conclusive , because you and two of your buddies have tried it so it must be true... but you've had several people on here , and il add my name to to the count who havent had the bugged experience you have with the formation...

get off your pedestal.. stop insulting people and take some constructive feedback when given...

formation works for you? awesome... ... its still not conclusive

Post the tactic for people to try, and if they cruise the league with a decent team, then it would be conclusive.

You are also talking about Tottenham, who are excellent on the game without a human manager (won the prem multiple times, first season on my files). Everton who are a good team, top 4 if your a good manager. And, Villa who are also a very good team, again, top 4 if your a decent manager.

By diamond do we mean 4-1-2-1-2? Dundee Utd use it in the SPL and it took me aaages to even get a draw against them, until I created a special 3-1-2-2-2 formation and I can't stop scoring against them now. They're not having a particularly spectacular run of results or league finishes either.

By diamond do we mean 4-1-2-1-2? Dundee Utd use it in the SPL and it took me aaages to even get a draw against them, until I created a special 3-1-2-2-2 formation and I can't stop scoring against them now. They're not having a particularly spectacular run of results or league finishes either.

This is what I was asking as well...

Juventus use it in my game and they are winning everything but i beat them almost every time with my Atalanta team by using fast wingers and exploiting the flanks. Perhaps it's an effective formation against the AI but it's not really unbeatable when you create a tactic specifically designed to counter it.

Archived